Giang Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 83 84 85 86 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ethin Thayne
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:15 pm
"Good evening, Aes Sedai. It is a pleasure to see you again as well," he said as he bowed. "I am in good health but I have been in a better state of mind." Ethin shook his head as he fought down the negativity. "And yourself?"  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:21 pm
"I could be better as well," she admitted, feeling at ease around him. "I believe we share some of our troubles - that new Warder frightens me."
She fell silent for a moment, and shrugged. "And the fate of this village saddens me."  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Flatterer 200

Ethin Thayne
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:24 pm
Ethin's smile faded as she mentioned what had been bothering him. "I am sorry to hear that, Kiae Sedai. He seems an alright man. Some of his feelings are odd from the little I can tell through the bond. But I guess you know more of him than I since I left before getting to know the fellow," he said as he fought down his sorrow. His face seemed contorted with the effort, but he quickly smoothed it back down to what he hoped the Yellow would take for calm.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:35 pm
Kiae's face moved in sympathy before peering at him. "I had hoped for some honesty," she admitted, in frank disappointment. "But I suppose that's a bit much to ask for."
"You know as well as I do that the man is twisted, at best," she thought, and sighed. She wished she could help the man - it was a natural instinct for her - but without permission from he or his Green, anything with another sister's Warder was strictly forbidden.
"I like this place," she announced suddenly, resuming swinging her feet. "It's pretty. And quiet."  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Ethin Thayne
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:42 pm
Ethin hated disappointing people, which Kiae obviously was, and hated himself even more for not apologizing for it. He stared at her a moment, before hopping over the fence and sitting in the grass with his legs folded and head against the fence, staring off blankly.
"It is," he agreed quietly. "It's probably too much to hope that we all don't bring trouble to this place." He sighed, half for what he had just admitted and the other half for putting off what he had come here to do. He really did like just sitting and talking and forgetting one's troubles, but he knew this moment couldn't last long.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:47 pm
"I already have," she said morosely. She didn't have the Talent of Foresight, but she was experianced enough to know what would happen. "Darkfriends are stalking me. They led me here for a reason - I came here to find out why," she told him. "But I refuse to lay down and die," she added with a sudden smile.
"But I'll enjoy it while I can. We all should," she continued, retreating into Aes Sedai double-talk, something she rarely did.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Ethin Thayne
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:53 pm
"Indeed we should, Aes Sedai," he said gloomily. Ethin took one last longing look at the setting sun before rising smoothly and standing in front of Kiae. "But for the moment, I must follow through with my committments. I wish we could talk longer, but I am already out of Esole Sedai's good graces. She requests your presence at the inn she is staying at," he announced slowly, avoiding Kiae's eyes.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:00 pm
Kiae's disappointment - and regret - was obvious as she dropped to her feet. "I was afraid you hadn't sought me out merely for company," she replied, wrapping her cloak about her. "Very well, but I am not going alone."
She paused, and then smiled grimly. "I require your presence as well, Ethin." She met his gaze calmly, and then continued. "Lead me to the inn, then," she sighed, and tapped her foot.
"I do not know the circumstances, nor the past, but from what I have seen and experianced - you deserved better," she added quietly, before striding forward expectantly.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Ethin Thayne
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:07 pm
Ethin suppressed a sigh as she told him he must attend this meeting. It was bound to be a disaster. The two Aes Sedai would surely be at eachother's throats and now he was to be included.
"As you wish, Aes Sedai," he said as he bowed. He straightened quickly as he noticed her tapping her foot. "There is no turning back on Esole, Aes Sedai. The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills. It willed Esole and I to be bonded, and so shall it be."
He set a slow pace as they walked in the direction her had come. He was in no rush to see Esole.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:11 pm
"Men adjust the Wheel's weaves to their own mistakes and desires," Kiae said calmly. She had never been one for fate, despite all she came across in her life. The power of men's wills was sadly underestimated.
"Thank you," she added, glancing to the man at her side. "I think you can sympathize with why I do not wish to be alone. And despite you being her Warder, I believe I can trust you."
"My own is far too protective to let anything slide," she sighed to herself. Anthenor had no responsiblity towards her, it was of poor taste to find him - and forget about Cobain. He didn't think.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Ethin Thayne
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:15 pm
Ethin nodded in agreement. The little time the Yellow had known Esole and she could already see how difficult it could sometimes be with her.
"It is not my place to say this, but I think I should and hope for the best. Esole must be handled delicately. As I'm certain you already know, she can be rather.. difficult. Please do not take everything she says at face value. She does not always think things through," he said, instantly wishing he had the words back. Trying not to look frantic at having said as much, he pretended to fuss with his sword belt.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:22 pm
"Most women need to be handled delicately. You will learn that even I need to be handled delicately at times, if we travel together long enough," Kiae told him with another honest smile. The Warder's candor was amazing, and she wondered at it.
"And the problem is, I know her true meaning sometimes," she continued calmly, ignoring any glances this time as they walked down the street. "And she refuses to change her opinion of me."  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Ethin Thayne
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:25 pm
Ethin blushed as he remembered his past experiences with women. A good many had not gone well.
"What do you mean, Aes Sedai?" he asked, wondering what Esole's opinion of Kiae was.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:27 pm
"She views me as someone who exists solely to interfere with her life," Kiae said softly. It honestly hurt her to have someone think so ill of her, but it was no use to argue anymore. "Never thinking I am someone who has lost loved ones, and I will do anything to prevent further loss of life."
She paused in her steps, and peered at Ethin. "She is narrow-minded, selfish, and impetuous. Dangerous qualities in a woman, especially one who apparently Bonds men on a whim. Do you know what that...person can do?" she demanded, eyeing the Warder knowingly.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
-RP- Andor

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 83 84 85 86 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash