Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:37 pm
Izumi-san
I really love this manga! I'm not sure if I would be this into Kaori Yuki's work if I hadn't read it. It is so romantic and I love the ending. I read the last few pages like five times in a row the first time I read it. I don't really find it sad though. I think it had a rather happy ending. Lawr escaped his life as a prostitute and Adrian got to go and meet him. So sweet...:sighs:

No, the ending itself isn't sad, it's what happens before that. That their lifes turned out that way, and that they could only get each other in death.

Oh, I get tears in my eyes again, BND is the number one tearjerker-manga.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:18 pm
I had happy tears. I read it again today when I got home...yeah, the rest of the stor yis kinda sad, but not as much as you'd think. They are really happy with each other...even if Adrian starts to freak out cuz he thinks he needs to kill all man whores...but that is besides the point. Like I said...Happy Tears!  

Izumi-san

Ghourry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:03 pm
I remember reading Boys Next Door oh so many years ago but I've never forgotten even a page of it. It's simply one of those wonderful pieces that you'll never forget because it stirs something inside you.
I think BND made me more accepting of different people; no matter what they are.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:15 am
Izumi-san
I had happy tears. I read it again today when I got home...yeah, the rest of the stor yis kinda sad, but not as much as you'd think. They are really happy with each other...even if Adrian starts to freak out cuz he thinks he needs to kill all man whores...but that is besides the point. Like I said...Happy Tears!

Yes, they loved each other and were happy with each other, but I get the feeling they knew from the beginning it wouldn't last forever. Their lives were too messed up.
And that they were both let down by the person they loved when they were little, I do think that is sad.  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

Izumi-san

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:52 am
Sanekazura
Izumi-san

Yes, they loved each other and were happy with each other, but I get the feeling they knew from the beginning it wouldn't last forever. Their lives were too messed up.
And that they were both let down by the person they loved when they were little, I do think that is sad.

Yeah...Especially Lawr knew it wouldn't work. I think Adrian kinda fooled himself into a false world where they could always be together. That's why Lawr did what he did...to be able to really get away from the pain he was in.
It is really sad that they both had horrible pasts. Otherwise things could have worked out better for both of them.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:22 am
crying It's my favourite too... I read it once or twice a year when I'm feeling REALLY sad... And always end up crying my heart out sad  

Skooter Oh-oh

BlackHat
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:05 am
Alright, howbout we all just cry together..it seems we are all tempted XD  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:15 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Synthetic Angel

6,900 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:23 am
BlackHat
Alright, howbout we all just cry together..it seems we are all tempted XD

I enjoyeth your sig, BlackHat...I think BnD is happy in a terribly bittersweet way...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:18 pm
I thought Boys Next Door was a great manga, sad, beautifully drawn, and you really cared about the characters. They weren't just some 2 dimensional drawings, they really spoke to you. I thought the ending was great! And my eyes even got a little teary...  

Naotosbro

Vampire Ifurita

Sparkly Hoarder

7,250 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:01 pm
I just read BND (finally). Oh my lord... it was gorgeous. I wasn't sure what to expect, but... I enjoyed every moment I spent reading it. For some reason I don't think that either Lawr or Adrian are that twisted. Both are victims of circumstance in their own respects. It was different. I have a habit of picking up angst, but this angst was just so gorgeous. *realises she has nothing of substance to say other that "beautiful"* Beautiful. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:08 pm
Vampire Ifurita
I just read BND (finally). Oh my lord... it was gorgeous. I wasn't sure what to expect, but... I enjoyed every moment I spent reading it. For some reason I don't think that either Lawr or Adrian are that twisted. Both are victims of circumstance in their own respects. It was different. I have a habit of picking up angst, but this angst was just so gorgeous. *realises she has nothing of substance to say other that "beautiful"* Beautiful. heart

I think you're right, they both are normal persons that are followed by a past that they can't shake of. That's what so sad about it all, they're trapped.
And this angst is different, cause here they really have a reason for it.
Very sad, very beautiful. crying  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

Devante X

Ruthless Knight

12,200 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:27 am
Boys Next Door is one of my favorite mangas...it almost made me cry because it's so good crying  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:32 pm
*wave dumbly at crowd of people* hello I am the current newbie in the guild...I have kind of a dumb question to ask...so let me just get on with askin then.
Well I am going to several conventions this year and I know a few tables have authentic Japanese manga at them...so I was checking out a site that i knew would be at one of the conventions I am going to. To look BND and it did come with a book but the is it only came up with one book...(same thing with Kane as well I think also..) anyway I just wanted to make sure this is correct that there is only one book and not a whole series lol this whole thing did make me just a tade confused but like I said I am very new to Yuki's work so...I am probaly going to asking the duh questions for a while.
Just to help you guys out I saved the page for the info on the book to put up and show to you guys if that would help any http://www.sasugabooks.com/product_info.php?products_id=4737. Thank you for helping helpless newbie find her way.  

Stella_Starwind

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:09 am
Hello! *^.^*
It's always so nice to see new avatars around here.

As for your question... yes, there's only one BND book. And BND is one of three shorter stories included in that volume.
Kaine is a short story as well, but I don't know how it's published or by which company. Do you?  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff