Submit

Excited?
  Yes!
  Yes?
  *Poofs in, grabs gold*
View Results

seleneswan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:46 pm
Mmkay. This is kinda late, but I had it on paper for a long time; however, I never had the chance to type it up...so, I hope I'm not too late...

Prompt One: Titled - Blank

My fingers brushed the solid wall, shocked. I trembled, as I glanced around the room, uncomprehending. Nothing was here--it was empty, a blank. All the same shade of white, all windowless. There was no escape from here. Dazedly, hoping this was just a dream, I slowly rotated, looking for something. Anything.

But in this empty room, there was only whiteness. There were no shades, no shadows, no texture, no feeling. The only source of light seemed to emanate from the room itself, as if I was trapped inside of a light bulb. I stepped forward, cautiously, as to assure myself I was stepping on solid ground. The room looked vast, for there was no definition between the floor and the wall. But there had to be a wall, as I had felt it. Nervously, I looked at the floor where my feet were supposed to be. And then something occurred belatedly to me.

I lifted my fingertips to my face, only to be unable to see them. I was camouflaged into the room and suddenly, I couldn't move. My feet were glued to the floor and no one would be able to see me if they stumbled into this strange place. And I began to wonder whether what I touched was really the wall, or another invisible person.

The panic began to overcome me. And in the blankness, I screamed; the high, keening sound piercing the nothingness.

Prompt Two: Titled - Saved

The little girl stood outside the door, watching the rain fall, slanting in the wind. Donning her red raincoat, she stepped on to the patio, walking down the driveway to the edge of the street. She kept her gaze down, watching as the rain made puddles on the road. Looking up at the omnipresent sky, tears welled in her wide eyes, slipping down her cheeks, mixing with the rain. Her hair dampened as she lifted her head further, waiting for them to come home.

They left her--her own parents.

Gently, she seated herself on the sodden ground, her brown hair plastered on her cheeks. The dull roar of thunder roared in the background, as she stared at the puddle beneath her. A small ant got sucked in to the whirlpool of rain, and gently, she pried him out, placing him on a blade of grass, saving him.

And then bright lights obstructed her view. Not lightning, but headlights. She scampered up, watching as the car turned into the driveway, over her puddle. And out of the car came two grown-ups. Mommy, Daddy... They lifter her into their arms, clutching her tightly, and saved her, just as she saved the ant.

Prompt Three: Titled - Night

The night sky was deep hue of calmness, of silence. The depths drew me, and I got sucked into the pure beauty of the night. Like a spray of paint, the stars littered the sky in insignificant dots, with a crescent that took the shape of the moon. The darkness enveloped me, and I drifted into a state of unconsciousness and bliss.

Prompt Four: Titled - Free

My wings unfurled as I jumped, catching the wind, flapping higher. I glided upwards reaching towards the white fluffy clouds. Ascending into the sky, the temperature dropped and I looked down at the earth below me, seeing the large contraptions on the gray slabs becoming specks below me.

A freeing sensation filled me. My snowy feathers ruffled, and I ascended into the blue expanse of the sky.

Okay, so the first two were kinda long, but the last two were short! I'm not good at short stuff..sorry!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:49 am
Alright, guys, this prompt is OVER! ^.^ You made it! And here's a special, added twist for you:

Prompt 1: How you forsee your death.
Prompt 2: How you view your sexuality
Prompt 3: How you think others see you.
Prompt 4: How you see yourself.

Yeah, it's technically one of those weird psychology things. That's one of the other reasons why I didn't want to critique this set. I hope you guys don't get mad at me! sweatdrop  

serephemeral
Crew

AmenthystMoon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:43 pm
so the prompts were a pshycology test? it wasn't even a real prompt? it was a test?

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!

one problem tho.....didn't i describe a filthy lake filled with death and decay? because i chose that one because it happens to be an exaggeration of the clostest lake to me, if it was choosing my favorite lakeit would've been a lake in Montana, where the water is so clear that u can see straight down to the floor, 40 ft below u, it's almost scary.....ok i'll stop before this turns into another version of a response to the prompt.....

still ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:46 pm
I'm feeling silly now... are the prompts still happening?  

Lady Idril Saralonde

7,200 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Writing Workshop

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items