Reply Mittalmar - Original Archives
Age old question. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TenshinoHikari

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:32 pm
I always thought of him as an Easterling, which I had imagined as kind of Russian looking guys. Dunno' why, I like Russians sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:48 pm
TenshinoHikari
I always thought of him as an Easterling, which I had imagined as kind of Russian looking guys. Dunno' why, I like Russians sweatdrop

I've always liked Russians too, for some...odd reason..unbeknownst to me xp

But uh anyway, to the point, I always pictured him as an Orc but different in a way. Hybred for war purposes.  

Luth!en

Falathrim

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:36 pm
But all Orcs are bred for war purposes. There's no such thing as an Orc bred for, say, tea break purposes, or baseball purposes.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:46 pm
Great Fala, now I have an image of orcs sitting on frilly English chairs sipping tea daintily while discussing who's got the highest batting average.  

Zurgi

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:53 pm
Zurgi
Great Fala, now I have an image of orcs sitting on frilly English chairs sipping tea daintily while discussing who's got the highest batting average.

Why do people always associate the English with tea? xp  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:55 pm
Because it's a stereotype that is firmly embedded in the minds of so many people.

Although, now I've got an image of the orcs drinking tea and talking with my brother, who's also drinking tea. That image appeared mainly because my brother loves tea -____-  

Zurgi

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:02 pm
Zurgi
Because it's a stereotype that is firmly embedded in the minds of so many people.

...And like most stereotypes it's terribly inaccurate. The worst one i've heard though is "all English people walk around in bowler hats and wear monocles". xd That, and "all English people have bad teeth". Which I can only assume is down to Tony Blair.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:21 pm
All stereotypes have some basis in reality. wink  

Falathrim

Glorfirith Annun
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:40 pm
Falathrim
All stereotypes have some basis in reality. wink

Like Trekkies!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:14 pm
All I know is, if I could walk around in a bowler hat and monocle everyday, I sure would.  

Nimbrethil

Zurgi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:05 pm
Speaking of stereotypes, if you watch any Canadian or American news you might have seen mention of this.

There are these travel packs on sale in the United States to make the person look Canadian. They contain a t-shirt with "O Canada" and a Canadian flag on it, a Canadian flag pin, a Canadian flag sticker, and a book on "How to Sound Canadian, eh?"

Now, I, for one, am curious on what the instructions to sound Canadian are, and would buy the package just to read the thing and see what they think we stereotypically sound like.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:16 pm
Yeah I love American stereotypes! About how we are money guebbing whores who waste natural resources and want to be the sole power in the world. And then if anyone challenges us we blow their damn heads off and make their country ours but just tell everyone we are liberating them! Man I tell you stereot.....Wait....That's all true. sweatdrop  

Onoj

Zurgi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:24 pm
There's also the common stereotype that Americans know nothing about other countries.

Which I have proven true with quite a few Americans. I manage to convince at least two everytime I go to Florida (we drive, so yes, random people in gas stations on the way) that I live in an igloo. And much more besides that.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:26 pm
Ouch, Onoj, harsh. As for the English stereotype it isn't entirly false. My religion doesn't allow me to drink tea, and when I went to England this summer if anything was even slightly wrong I was offered a cup of tea. I felt bad turning them down all the time sweatdrop  

TenshinoHikari

Kalile Alako

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:47 pm
Zurgi
There's also the common stereotype that Americans know nothing about other countries.

Which I have proven true with quite a few Americans. I manage to convince at least two everytime I go to Florida (we drive, so yes, random people in gas stations on the way) that I live in an igloo. And much more besides that.

Heh. My family drives a lot too, all around the country, and people look at me funny when I tell them I'm from Las Vegas.
One lady actually asked me, "there are real kids in Las Vegas?" at which point in time I wanted to cry.
The stereotype of Las Vegans seems to be that all the girls are strippers, and the guys gangsters or something. I read something in TIME magazine about how stripper poles covered every square foot of available space, and how little stores were popping up in the desert "like stripper poles"
Cursed stereotypes! ...although they are true to a certain extent.

Anyhow, in an attempt to get back on topic... sweatdrop
Another thing I thought of for the general was sort of a Mongol type person. With a big moustache, and a fur hat.
Sounds funny looking, but I sure wouldn't want the Mongol horde chasing me. gonk  
Mittalmar - Original Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff