Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Introduce Yourself Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

giniro ookami

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:35 am
Hello everyone,
A short desciption of myself.

I was born and raised Roman Catholic. I went to Roman Catholic grade school, and high school. As a Boy Scout I earned the Parvuli Dei and the Ad Altare Dei. I, at one point, seriously considered being a Deacon. This was all to make sure you understand I pretty much have only ever experienced the Roman Catholic faith. Basically, excuse my naivety.

In High School I lost all faith in the Roman Catholic Church. If your curious why send me a PM. Along with the Catholic faith I began losing faith in just about every religion in the world. Yes that includes all those people that yell and scream about how much better there religion is then Roman Catholics (which is probably why I got so disgusted so easily cause everyone is apperantly better then the Roman Catholics). So I've sworn off organized religion of any sort.

However what I do like to do is read and research the knowledge that religions have. I don't hate religions I hate people in religious organizations. So this place interest me because I enjoy reading all the things I've been ignorant about.

Oh and as a warning I tend to play devil's advocate if no one else is. Just because I'm debating with you doesn't mean I disagree with you.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:06 am
I don't think i introduced myself here.

Well, i'm Zadkiel, i'm a omnilogist.

I do many things.

I know Many things.

I know who you are.

I know where you live.

I know what you do at nights...

No, i don't, really.

To be honest, i'm just a boredable little girl from mexico who has nothing better to do than to bother peoples on gaia and such.

I likes me msn.

Also, i happen to know a bit about a lot of topics, not just occult/such, but ranging from the idiotic to the trivial. Which is basically the same, but with different opinion.

I like to rant, the walks at night, the sound of silence, the moon and stars, romanitc dinners, and in my spare time i like to go out to the arcade center to play videogames until my hands bleed or my pockets bleed. Whichever happens first.  

Zadkiel

RavenladyJ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:34 am
Wow! Glad I found this

Hey all I'm Rave (or Ravey LOL)....been a Witch for many yrs now (not Wiccan!)and I also study and bring into my life various parts of Buddhism, N.Am spirituality, Satanism and Vodou along with other things....I've been a Pagan since I was a kid (long story) and was raised in a non religious home......Uumm lets see.....I guess really all there is left to say is I dont follow anyones beliefs I live my own and thats whats important....I dont believe in the whole "an harm none" cause for me personally its not realistic, I've lived a very shall we say "unique" life and there is no left hand right hand...its all one...I'm also a firm believer that all paths are valid, no one religious/spiritual etc path is better than any other....anyway.....moving on, I love to read, write, paint and draw (poorly I might add but it keeps what little sanity I have left in tact LOL), love music, love to laugh, love to help ppl, love to just be me and i love hangin out with my kids and acting silly biggrin Anythign you wanna know just ask cause my life is an open book lol

Rave  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:53 pm
hi, im jon.

pagan for 10years.

and the fluff is bad.  

Talonis

Alice OConnor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:38 am
hello guys, i'm alice, and i'm an artist, and practising wiccan.
i also have some psychic powers to speak of, but they are incredibly unstable as they have kind of piled themselves on me all at once. so at the moment i'm slightly confused with alot of things.
i have been interested in the occult for a while, and will read anything that has any information. my particular interests are vampires, astral projecting, divination, psychic abilities and meeting people who are going through the same as me!
so drop me a line, a pm would make me very warm and fuzzy ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:56 am
AKUNEKO, Late as Usual  

Akuneko

Tsuzuki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:19 am
I'm Tsuzuki, and there's nothing about me even remotely interesting. ninja

...okay, fine. I'm a Discordian Gnostic Mormon chaos magician who is studying the Golden Dawn.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:40 am
Greetings..

I am Cassandra The Vampiress (a.k.a. Keisha)

I am usually known in the web as Vampiress757.. I know a bit about modern vampirism and the occult (please take note that I know a bit.. I don't know everything.. I believe the day you think you know everything is the day you are destined to die) ninja

I'm into composing poetry/prose/songs, gaming (pc/console/MMORPGs), playing/ collecting Magic The Gathering, reading, watching movies, researching about the enigmatic beauty of supernatural/paranormal things and the concept of soulmates.. heart  

Vampiress757

Distinct Genius

1,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200

niahflame

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:44 am
Hello, I just joined. I am interested in paranormal things. I'm not a religious person. I just go day by day. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:09 am
I'm Shatter...

Ever since I was a little kid my parents would tell me that I was destined to be a shaman, as politically incorrect as that may be (I am part Native, but not in the community). Since I've been little I've been reporting weird things happening to me, like describing being inside a burning building before I can remember and seeing an eye staring into me, communicating with spirits. I was raised relatively without religion, though both of my parents come from Christian backgrounds.

I'm currently 23...trying to get out of college. Gender issues, and minorly, sexuality issues (minorly because they were repressed), have been a serious concern for me over the last several years. I've been diagnosed as schizoaffective (schizophrenia + depression), but that is simply a term for what I am; it does not in any way change the reality that I live. Nor, I believe, does it mean that what I sense is automatically invalid, or as we'd say on the street, "not real."

The nature of reality is also something I've been pondering for quite some time. Magical practice may help me...expand my knowledge of what can happen, and possibly may help me understand the mechanics of the universe and/or multiverse...though I'm not wholly expecting that. I think--and this is still a question in my mind--that I am more of a psychic than a mage. However, I can utilize magic in order to protect myself, and that's what I'm mainly looking for right now--centering, grounding, banishing. I am unsure as to what beings in my past have been spirits, which have been illusions (self-generated feedback), and which have been constructs, or servitors, thoughtforms, etc. I'm guessing that as I get older I'll know (even if it takes more than one lifetime).

In addition to the occult, psychism and spirituality, I also take something of an interest in philosophy. My current major is preparing me to become a fiction writer, though I have an interest in high-level physics--quantum mechanics, super/string theory, dark energy, high-gravity environments. I was discouraged from this after being ignored in physics class because of my apparent gender, and because learning the hard sciences would mean ignoring the humanities; social sciences; ethnic, women's and queer studies (in other words, in a best-case scenario, the study of oppression). I'm also pantheist, which may explain my deeper motivation as to why I take an interest in the mechanics of the universe beyond this world.

I suppose that's enough.  

shatterspect

SelenaMoon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:04 am
hi everyone, i'm selena moon. i don't practice any particular religion, though i am beginning to get heavily interested in paganism. i've studied a lot, and i'm pretty good on discussing faeries, wands, and familiars. i'd love to see what everyone knows, and i'm interested in learning. i'd love to learn about the different types of paganism, and what they do.

apart from that, i only eat junkfood, veg on the couch and go on the internet. i write poetry, paint, draw, sing, act, and run around like a madwoman. i guess i'm a very artistic person, as those activites that are artistic are the ones that i enjoy the most. (plus i'm horrid at math!)

i have a boyfriend of 9 months, and he's a complete sweetheart. he's a very vital part of my life.

and.... that's about it smile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:36 am
Hi, I am Safari Whitelion. People have told me I am everytning from a satanist to a shaman. I have read certain philisophical books, but I will say I have no formal training in spiritual practices. The conclusions or methods I profess have come from my knowledge and experience and I do not have the working knowledge of any reliogion well enough .....Basically what I say is coming from my head so apply your own good sense to what I say. I don't claim to be any sort of authority, but I profess to being interesting  

tererun

WashiKimura

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:37 pm
Hi, my name (real) is Reggie. I've been actively involved with various groups within the Western Mystery Tradition since 1992, and have been studying even longer. My areas of study have included: kabballah, alchemy, hermeticism, astrology, Thelema, ceremonial magick, theurgy, christian mysticism, sufism, and many other related topics. I am currently a member of the Ancient and Primitive Rite of Memphis-Misraim (Egyptian Rite Freemasonry), a Free Initiator in the Martinist tradition, and a bishop of the Ecclesia Gnostica Catholica Hermetica. I am also serving my third consecutive term as Treasurer of the North American College of Gnostic Bishops.

I'm glad to be here, and I look forward to participating in discussion on the forum. If anyone wants more info about me or my activities, just message me.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:45 pm
I'm TheNetherbornOne, but you can call me Xilvantus. Since I'd prefer to keep my name to myself.

I'm interested in the occult, very much so, but can't say I know all I'd like to. I have the issue of wanting to delve deeper into the occult but am held back because I was taught to think logically. And well the occult isn't very logical. Anyone interested in helping me out here would be greatly appreciated.

Some other information about me..

I'm 17 years old.
I suppose I'm a Satanist(LaVey Satanism).
I was born and baptised Catholic. Not raised.
I guess I'm very much of an anti-white light person. But I won't express these ideas here, because some people may take offense, and this would hamper my search for further knowledge.
I'm a major metalhead. I prefer the older stuff... like Iron Maiden, and Venom to name a few.  

TheNetherbornOne

Childhood Dreams

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:57 pm
General::
Name's Rei. But you can call me Pineberry, Thorne, or Emmilya [I have a very strong connection to those names, and when I'm old enough, I want to legally change my name to Emmilya Thorne Briar. Yeah, I'm weird. xP] I'm 15 years old, and I live in Colorado! Yay. And chaoticpuppet RULES for knowing French, my first language. <333

Interests::
I like dancing in the rain, bending spoons, singing songs, jamming on my air guitar, chatting it up on MSN, blabbing on the phone, dressing up like a weirdo [it's my style], bellydancing, hanging out with my friends, making fun of my boyfriend, and playing with my dogs. Oh, and reading, writing, poetry, and black-and-white photography. And theatre. I <3 theatre.

Expertise::
I'm pretty good at HTML although I never have the time to do anything special with it, drawing crazy-a** stick figures, eating a whole medium cheese pizza in one sitting, and biting my nails.

I am also really interested in Numerology and Tarot readings. I have yet to buy myself a Tarot deck, though. : ( I also want to learn more about crystal use, Chackras{sp?} and Astral Projection [I'm not quite sure how to go about it.]

So yah! That's meh!  
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces