Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Protesting? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

To protest or not to protest?
  To protest!
  Not to protest.
  That is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, Or...
View Results

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:49 pm
My college was just recently infested by a large group of protesters who screamed through megaphones and waved posters that by going to college you're giving in to evil and are well on your way to hell.

The good thing about all this is that it turns people off to religion. In a way, it shows them religion gone wrong, and hopefully prevents them from making the same mistake.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:09 pm
Orichalcon
What I think of protestors

User Image

oddly enough this is also my opinion on this particular issue, but that's a whole other thread...
heart rofl  

[Satan]

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:23 pm
[Satan]
Orichalcon

User Image

oddly enough this is also my opinion on this particular issue, but that's a whole other thread...
heart rofl

See that lady holding the sign? The one that is looking back in suprise? This photograph is only a snapshot of the moment. I really want to see the rest of the story. What happened next I wonder, after the flash of the camera and a brave man is captured in anti-religious glory?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:09 pm
For a while, I entertained the idea of starting an atheist/agnostic club, or maybe an "alternative beliefs club" or "beliefs of the world club" of some sort at my school. After all, there's FCA, the Bible Club, and various other organizations that promote christianity. Shouldn't those of us that don't adhere to their beliefs be allowed some sort of group, and maybe a chance to learn about others' beliefs or lack thereof, instead of having Christian doctrine shoved down our throats? And then I realized, I live in a conservative town in the Bible Belt. Yeah. That's not going to go down very well. I'm fairly nonconfrontational, and I don't relish the idea of the majority of the school protesting at our meetings and uniting to save our souls. Plus, it would piss off my dad, who is the person I'm certainly the most nonconfrontational around. It might be fun though. twisted  

iviary

Orichalcon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:30 pm
Sanguvixen
[Satan]
Orichalcon

(pic)

heart rofl

See that lady holding the sign? The one that is looking back in suprise? This photograph is only a snapshot of the moment. I really want to see the rest of the story. What happened next I wonder, after the flash of the camera and a brave man is captured in anti-religious glory?

How I wish I could find out. I've been looking for that story for ages.

Honestly, it's the woman looking back that makes the picture biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:32 pm
When's the last time a protest group even accomplished anything? confused  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:21 pm
They do it in front of high school/middle school because they think that if they start "educating" (aka brainwashing) kids at young age about anti-abortion and anti-homosexuality, the kids will follow it when they become adults. You know, the whole "education starts at young age" thing.

It works if you're stupid enough.

Let's hope no one's stupid here.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas