Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
So what do u Crafters to Best in this GUild that ur proud of Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SO what do u do?
  Knitting
  Crochet
  Sewing (or type of sewing)
  Cross Stitch
  Tape Creator
  Other (that u will post below)
View Results

NightRainSpirit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:00 am
Kaysicle
I'm good at sewing, but I'm better at weaving.

Are there any other weavers in this guild?
I always wanted to try that....just the problem; is that i need somebody to teach it too me.

SOmebody in my knitting club was going to try and teach me how to do lace.....it looked so darn complicated with all these little bombins. eek  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:42 am
NightRainSpirit
Kaysicle

I always wanted to try that....just the problem; is that i need somebody to teach it too me.

SOmebody in my knitting club was going to try and teach me how to do lace.....it looked so darn complicated with all these little bombins. eek

The hardest part of weaving is setting up the loom. It takes hours!
But I would also like to learn how to do lace.  

Kaysicle

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:13 pm
I really am not very good at any craft. I have done some pretty cool things with glass, mirrors, and decoupage, but I don't particularly enjoy collaging. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:32 pm
ScribblerChrislea
I really am not very good at any craft. I have done some pretty cool things with glass, mirrors, and decoupage, but I don't particularly enjoy collaging. sweatdrop
You'll get better,
half the fun of trying to make something is learning how to do something new I think.  

I be me
Vice Captain

NightRainSpirit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:05 am
I be me
ScribblerChrislea
You'll get better,
half the fun of trying to make something is learning how to do something new I think.
Yay, thats why being a crafter is great, u can always have something new to try out or learn. Especially with all the different things in this world.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:37 pm
I hand-sew, usually dolls or stuffed animals.

And I just discovered soap-making.

Oh, and I want to learn paper-making.  

Bookwyrme

Pelta

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:29 am
I've done papermaking. It's fun but requires a blender... I made papyrus once too. That was cool. I also had a kit once to make marbleised paper with pretty swirly colors. Then I think I used it all up...

Jbeth: It's interesting that you should mention crocheting with wire to make bracelets - I just learned how to knit so I could make knit bracelets with wire! It's bloody annoying to knit with the stuff though. Crocheting would probably be easier though because I'm better at it... And fishing line would be easier to use than wire, and still small enough for the beads.

Oh yeah, and my usual crafts are crochet and bracelet making/weaving, and origami (does that count as a craft?). I recently learned how to embroider and knit and have been playing with those as well.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:42 pm
My base is in metal fabrication I work mostly in silver... I've started moving into CAD design which means most of the tangible products are in plastics.  

JoshuarGoWooosh

Majel

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:37 am
I enjoy knitting but am more known by friends with the plush dolls I make.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:18 pm
missmagpie
I've done papermaking. It's fun but requires a blender... I made papyrus once too. That was cool. I also had a kit once to make marbleised paper with pretty swirly colors. Then I think I used it all up...

Yeah. I checked out a bunch of books from the library, though I really prefer having people teach me. The real problem for me is space. It looks like there needs to be plenty of room for laying the paper out while it dries.

Hopefully, next quarter I'll get a Craft Center pass & take advantage of -their- space!  

Bookwyrme

Nyxyn

Unstoppable Collector

23,125 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:32 am
At the moment, I mostly do beading and jewelry making. In the past I've made hand-made books and some ceramics. I've dabbled in other things, too, but not extensively.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:58 pm
Majel
I enjoy knitting but am more known by friends with the plush dolls I make.

Really?
Like what type of plush dolls?  

NightRainSpirit

LadyAnubis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:20 pm
I knit and crochet. I'm not sure which I'm better at; i have more practice at crochet, but I seem to be picking up knitting faster.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:23 pm
Kaysicle

Rigid heddle and tri-loom weaving here. I haven't done anything too intricate, but I've made a LOT of tri-loom shawls.

I also knit, crochet, tat, and work hairpin lace and bobbin lace. I can sew, but since it's not something I enjoy, I really wouldn't considder it a hobby.  

Catcheen
Crew

[Grendel]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:48 pm
I'm going through a jewelry making phase at the moment, mainly beading.

I'm not really doing much sewing at the minute, I wore myself out making embroidered Christmas stockings for all of my friends last year.

I'm not particularly good at much yet but I'm trying to find my niche. I'm disabled so many crafts are much harder for me, and the results tend to be very different than what they are supposed to be.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff