Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Static Cams, Should they stay? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:03 pm
Yeah it's agreed that static cameras were superior but I suppose I'll throw in my two cents also.

Mikami away from RE? Can it be true?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:43 am
Mikami away fromRE is definitely a good thing. But apparently he isn't the only one ruining the series, which is unfortunate. crying  

Vankala

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:26 pm
Vankala
Mikami away fromRE is definitely a good thing. But apparently he isn't the only one ruining the series, which is unfortunate. crying
Well, he definitely pioneered RE's ruination. Afterall, he WAS in charge of RE4.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:08 pm
Still mad at the no typewriters and minimaps...*holds grudge against the people most responsible with RE's downfall* evil  

UmbraGallus

Veronica_Valentine

Fashionable Smoker

6,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:34 pm
I miss static camera, it's just not RE anymore.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:40 pm
And it never will be. crying  

Biohazard EXTREME

Veronica_Valentine

Fashionable Smoker

6,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:44 pm
with the static cam, I wouldnt know what would come at me, that was the real horror of it, I can't tell you how many times I screamed and almost peed myself. with Re4 and now Re5, It's still fun, but no horror to it, you know what coming to get you.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:35 pm
I miss the Static cams as well. Hopefully they'll bring back the Static cams later on. If not, we'll just have to either deal with the new style, and get used to it, or replay the old games constantly. Or both. I'm going for both. .w.  

MarthVader_64-0

Resident_Kyo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:22 am
i heard news that they were making oldskool remakes of RE4 and RE5 for download later on next year, anyone else hear about it?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:16 am
Resident_Kyo
i heard news that they were making oldskool remakes of RE4 and RE5 for download later on next year, anyone else hear about it?
That's news to me...where'd you hear that at?  

Skylar St Claire

4,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:51 pm
Resident_Kyo

That's news to me as well. Care to site your source?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:00 pm
I'm sure it's just a rumor.
Heck, they're promising to remake RE2, I'd be very VERY surprised if that's gonna be remade the traditional way. Expect to see RE2 with RE4's gameplay mechanics. And no that's not a good thing.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:33 pm
*Vomits all over everything*

ugh.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:55 am
Yeah Resident Evil is no longer what it's supposed to be anymore. The cams scared the s**t out of me. Play it at night, sound up a bit, add the cams = very scary. I had to turn the volume up to hear what I was about to get killed with. the auto-aim doesn't mean anything if you can't see how close it is to you. so please don't sell the old versions. As for putting the static cams in the future, there's no chance that'll ever happen. Why? Because in th gaming view, excluding horror, people think that being able to control your sight is a good thing. So what does Capcom do? Look at the gamer's advice on games, but not in the horror section. If they did they would know that the static cams scare the s**t out of people, or annoys them. Which brings me to the second reason why it won't come back, the people who don't understand real horror complain too much about the fixed angle, forgetting that there's a reason why they call it a horror game! they don't play for the horror, they play to break the game and tell their friends how great hey are.  

Alkaizer87

Kobo-chan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:43 pm
The static cameras sure did give the horror RE had. Too bad though... I guess Capcom wanted to try something different by chunking in 50 enemies at once in a screen... They probably thought that if that was the case, and they still used static cams, it'd be, I dunno, impossible for them? Adding head shots...

I wonder why they added Ganados, and not kept the zombies? Did they think having all RE games with zombies as main enemies would be boring for us? I dunno... And why scrap that hook-man version of RE4? crying Ah well... I dunno if it's the last RE game, but if RE5 isn't, let's hope they finish everything off with a big bang theory and please us all...

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff