Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Epilepsy Gang (zOMG! team for anyone and everyone)

Back to Guilds

Reply The Epilepsy Gang (zOMG! team for anyone and everyone)
I GOT 1ST PLACE, XD Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anybody been a band geek before?
  Yesh, and I still am!!! ^_^
  I was, *nods*
  I wasn't cool enough to be a bandie, T.T
  I was/am a drama geek, XD
  Other... (otherwise known as the poll whore option, lol)
View Results

greendaygirl-5252-
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:21 pm
Well, we didn't get first at our last competition, but we did pretty good for what we got!!! There were seven bands in our class, and we (the band overall) got 3rd!!! The judges usually don't like our music, so they give us low scores, but we did pretty great there! We also got 5th in percussion, and 4th overall. The ones that they didn't give trophies for were that we got 4th in marching and....*drumroll please*....a tie for first in general effects! That is absolutely amazing for a band that keeps messing up their spacing and has no majorettes or flag corps.

Unfortunately, though, our last competition is on November 1st...at Marshall, of all places! That is gonna suck because 29-member band + the Joan C. Edwards Stadium =
no sound whatsoever from the field. But we're psyched for it! I just hope that it's our best show yet!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:18 pm
At our competition thsi past weekend, we had a nightmare situation. We'd marched onto the field, the band air grams had played, and everything was set on the field. I look directly ahead off the field... my best buddies from the pit and the entire pit section along with stuff is mysteriously not there! eek We stood at attention not moving an inch for ten minutes. If you don't think it's hard then try it sometime. It was embarassing tho since the announcers kept asking "___ High School, is your band ready to take the firld for competition?" and each time our drum majors stood stock still instea dof doing there signature salute... they eventually came, but those first few steps in teh show were a painful nightmare. my legs had fallen asleep and i felt like they were going to give out under me... but Captain survived, lol.

We got 1st in our cateogory, 2nd in percussion, 2nd in color guard, and something else.... but then we got *drumroll*

THIRD PLACE FOR THE ENTIRE COMPETITION!!!! O.o

Greenday be happy! You get to see me next weekend!! We get to hang out and chillax while being surrounded by band geeks what more could we ask for, XD Plus it's the day before my bday!!! O.O  

Sorikia525
Captain

2,950 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

zebppir
Vice Captain

Malevolent Receiver

6,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • PvP 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:46 pm
Sorikia525
I am almost positive that I know one person who said drama in the poll, whee *looks around suspiciously* Cough, zebppir, Cough!! Jeez I hate being sick, XP
hey I may be a drama geek but I went for the pollwhore option heart  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:43 pm
i clicked drama ^^  

kingdomheartswiz
Crew

Sorikia525
Captain

2,950 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:33 am
I'm a band geeks who also wishes her school had drama, crying I miss being in plays, whee  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:59 pm
i loves too sing i'm the head of my class every year ^^  

kingdomheartswiz
Crew

Sorikia525
Captain

2,950 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:05 pm
Lol, I'm not one for singing. i lost my singing voice as I got older, sweatdrop I used to be in choir and all county choir two years in a row, but now it just leaves me with all the ore time for band... and plus if i was still in choir (show choir) I'd never be online from so many practices, sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:40 pm
yeah i just like to sing i right down my own songs today i wrote down one called broken dark love ^^ i think it's pretty good

i always underline what i say in a demonic screamo voice

(whitch i almost neveer have to do because they are lovey dovy songs)

but sometimes i'll right screamo for fun ^^  

kingdomheartswiz
Crew

greendaygirl-5252-
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:20 pm
I think we're gonna impeach my band director. He filled out the papers wrong, so our percussion section didn't get judged, thus killing our chances of winning a percussion and/or music (a.k.a. band) trophy. He has already missed so many practices, plus he just found a mistake in the drill that I've been marching since JUNE!!! He pointed this out last week...gah.

And to top things off, we think our trailer may have been sabotaged at the Marshall competition...when we got back, we were missing the top two bolts that hold one of the trailer doors on. ALL of the pieces (excluding the hinge) were missing, and a lot of the caulking on the doors was busted out. Mind you, this is a brand-new $6000 equipment trailer that we just bought this year. So, as you can probably imagine, none of us are too happy right now. stare

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:22 pm
oh... thats not good

i'm sorry crying  

kingdomheartswiz
Crew

Sorikia525
Captain

2,950 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:58 am
greendaygirl-5252-
I think we're gonna impeach my band director. He filled out the papers wrong, so our percussion section didn't get judged, thus killing our chances of winning a percussion and/or music (a.k.a. band) trophy. He has already missed so many practices, plus he just found a mistake in the drill that I've been marching since JUNE!!! He pointed this out last week...gah.

And to top things off, we think our trailer may have been sabotaged at the Marshall competition...when we got back, we were missing the top two bolts that hold one of the trailer doors on. ALL of the pieces (excluding the hinge) were missing, and a lot of the caulking on the doors was busted out. Mind you, this is a brand-new $6000 equipment trailer that we just bought this year. So, as you can probably imagine, none of us are too happy right now. stare

I'm sorry i hope it can be fixed, eek  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:16 pm
well at least fun is in the misty air of zomg  

kingdomheartswiz
Crew

The Epilepsy Gang (zOMG! team for anyone and everyone)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games