Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Christian Condescension Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kurdt Donald Cobain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:00 am
They got atheism and Nihilism confused.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:56 pm
There's seriously too much to comment on. In the end, all I can do is just slowly shake my head and smile. xp  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

KitCatbartender

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:31 am
yeah, some christians are jerks. it's hardly spreading the good news to laugh at how stupid you are (which, atheism is stupid, but he/she still didn't have to be mean about it)  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:22 am
KitCatbartender
yeah, some christians are jerks. it's hardly spreading the good news to laugh at how stupid you are (which, atheism is stupid, but he/she still didn't have to be mean about it)

Why this statement is a wonderful example of Christian Condescension. Please, if you are going to state that atheism is stupid, back it up by stating why theism is so much smarter.

Since we are talking about demeaning statements, and you just made a demeaning statement I have a small request. I accept and take no issues with you believing in god. I think you feeling at peace and happiness in your life is a very good thing, no matter how you find that happiness. (well, unless it involves hurting people) However now you are stating that because you "found the truth" that you are smarter then those atheists out there. You are taking the stance that you are better then others because God is on your side.

Either do not make demeaning statements like this, or leave the guild. By being a theist you should not be a member, but I think we can be tolerant and let you remain a member if you so wish to. But we have to deal with more then enough people in the real world that take the belief that they are superior for being believers. We do not need it in the guild. If you feel like making anti atheist statements please remove your presence from this guild and do it somewhere else.  

Athena_Ritashe

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:42 am
Athena_Ritashe
KitCatbartender

Why this statement is a wonderful example of Christian Condescension. Please, if you are going to state that atheism is stupid, back it up by stating why theism is so much smarter.

Since we are talking about demeaning statements, and you just made a demeaning statement I have a small request. I accept and take no issues with you believing in god. I think you feeling at peace and happiness in your life is a very good thing, no matter how you find that happiness. (well, unless it involves hurting people) However now you are stating that because you "found the truth" that you are smarter then those atheists out there. You are taking the stance that you are better then others because God is on your side.

Either do not make demeaning statements like this, or leave the guild. By being a theist you should not be a member, but I think we can be tolerant and let you remain a member if you so wish to. But we have to deal with more then enough people in the real world that take the belief that they are superior for being believers. We do not need it in the guild. If you feel like making anti atheist statements please remove your presence from this guild and do it somewhere else.
User Image

Couldn't have said it better. Yes, the person in question was extremely rude in her presentation of her ideas, but how is it any less rude to say "atheism is stupid," especially when you are in a guild full of atheists? We don't need that here. Take your insults to a Christian guild or present your argument in a nicer way. You don't see us going into your churches or prayer groups and saying, "Christians are stupid," do you?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:13 pm
User Image

"It's also retarded."

This was just so randomly, childishly inserted into that statement that it made me bust out laughing.

Do you really expect anyone to take you seriously if you call something "retarded"?

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers