Kaine Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Katinchen012

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:46 am
Sai-kun
Bloodhound seems to be comedic/romantic a little...but all her manga have a dark edge to them now.

Well, even Bloodhound has this dark edge you're talking about. The ending, with the guys showing their true form, all the blood et cetera is more Kaori-Yuki-ish(is this really possible in English? I read it sometimes, but it looks a bit... odd.) than the rest of Bloodhound.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:45 pm
Katinchen012
Sai-kun
Bloodhound seems to be comedic/romantic a little...but all her manga have a dark edge to them now.

Well, even Bloodhound has this dark edge you're talking about. The ending, with the guys showing their true form, all the blood et cetera is more Kaori-Yuki-ish(is this really possible in English? I read it sometimes, but it looks a bit... odd.) than the rest of Bloodhound.

Agreed, Bloodhound does have its dark moments.
Like the black haired girl they end up befriending later who enslaved demons and looked like she either had open heart surgery or an autopsy performed on her at one point.
Ugly Y-shaped scar...  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

[Only Happy When It Rains

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:25 pm
[I love Kaine, but it confused the hell outof me]
[I took fiveminutes un-confusing myself after I read itXD]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:29 pm
[Only Happy When It Rains
[I love Kaine, but it confused the hell outof me]
[I took fiveminutes un-confusing myself after I read itXD]

Yeah that happened to me too... I read it while I was at work, and when I finished it I stared at the computer screen for a few minutes contemplating, and then I went back through and reexamined some of the artwork... lol
And then like five minutes later the light came and I was like "OHHH!" and I really liked the story. 3nodding  

YGOPaladin

Raine-chan

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:21 pm
I read Kaine a while back and found that I really enjoyed it. Question, though-- and please forgive me if this has been addressed elsewhere in the guild or if it was in the manga itself, but-- is Kaine's name pronounced the Japanese way or as "cane"?  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:18 pm
Raine-chan
I read Kaine a while back and found that I really enjoyed it. Question, though-- and please forgive me if this has been addressed elsewhere in the guild or if it was in the manga itself, but-- is Kaine's name pronounced the Japanese way or as "cane"?

I'm pretty sure its supposed to be pronounced like the biblical "Cain" (Kaori Yuki loves the Abel/Cain mythology, it seems like).
I can confirm this once I get home and check the actual manga itself.
I assume its like "Cain" because of the parallels in the plot to the Abel/Cain allegory ^_^;  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Silmone

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:30 am
Kaine is one of the gloomiest works by Kaori Yuki. What fascinates me the most about the story is the fact of using subliminal messages in music. I know a couple of songs that give you funny ideas when you listen to them for a longer period of time. Not that I'm paranoid or something. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 12:11 pm
I was thinking it was pronounced Kai-ne (Japanese pronounciation), because his name was written in kanji for the title. I could be wrong, though. ^^;  

Inai

9,750 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Yuuasa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:40 pm
kaines so cool! die is awsume! and i like kaines red hair! XD  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:25 am
User Image

I loved Kaine, confusing as it was. Really clever I thought.
I tried to tell my friends about it but I didn't get as far as the title.
'Cause the moment I said "Kaine" they went, "Count Cain?"
I gave up.

User Image

MissMoppy

Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items