Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)
Astral projection/OBEs Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does lucid dreaming also belong in this thread?
  yes
  no
View Results

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:03 pm
Dark Seeker
eieiovt682
Dark Seeker
eieiovt682
Dark Seeker
I was listening to CoasttoCoastAm one night, and one of the callers said that when she left her body she was attacked by some sort of entity. So I was just wondering if Astral Projection is dangerous. Sorry, but I'm kind of a Noob when it comes to this topic. redface Thanks for making the topic, BTW. smile

I've heard of many people with similar concerns. From what I've heard, as long as you're positive enough, there's no need to worry. I've heard that being positive can actually help you by attracting positive entities. And they can't kill you or anything, because of the silver cord. All in all, it's pretty safe.

So there's no chance an entity could just come along and possess your body while you are having an OBE?

Unless you openly invite them, they cannot do anything of the sort. From everything I've heard (I've done somewhere around half a year of research) you are perfectly safe, don't worry^-^

Great. Thanks for all your help. smile
No problem, I'm happy to reassure people!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:13 am
i think astral travel is a lot like lucid dreaming. Except lucid dreaming IS a lot like hallucenic drugs...

I've hada few OBEs and some which i don't know if they're OBEs or just hallucinations...

It seems that when you have sleep paralyis is easier to escape your body... Or when you are watching something REALLY boring and repetitive on the TV... I have a theory:

The humans have several ways to learn things, or Learning Channels, i think they're called. So, for some people it's easier to learn stuff when you explain them with hand puppets and other just have to think about it in values and numbers and rationalize everything, and others (like moi) just have to visualize how things go and what they do to "get it" -> Learn.

Thusly, subconciously, we're all the time trying to absorv information in our favored channel, i.e. i am always looking for patterns and visualizing things, rationals or number-based peoples are always thinking on things in terms of numbers, percents and cuantities...

That makes the brain's primary "function" or what it does most of the time. Then, if you were to intend to distract it, you'd give it something to occupy itself in, no?

To me, star scroller animations do the trick; they get me in Zombie mode easily, but my sister is number-based and these kind of scroller bore the hell out of her, and i don't really know what gets her in zombie mode (other than stupid anime)

I'm sure that if i make her brain occupy itself watching number and relations and such she'd get the zombie mode...  

Zadkiel

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:38 pm
Zadkiel
i think astral travel is a lot like lucid dreaming. Except lucid dreaming IS a lot like hallucenic drugs...

I've hada few OBEs and some which i don't know if they're OBEs or just hallucinations...

It seems that when you have sleep paralyis is easier to escape your body... Or when you are watching something REALLY boring and repetitive on the TV... I have a theory:

The humans have several ways to learn things, or Learning Channels, i think they're called. So, for some people it's easier to learn stuff when you explain them with hand puppets and other just have to think about it in values and numbers and rationalize everything, and others (like moi) just have to visualize how things go and what they do to "get it" -> Learn.

Thusly, subconciously, we're all the time trying to absorv information in our favored channel, i.e. i am always looking for patterns and visualizing things, rationals or number-based peoples are always thinking on things in terms of numbers, percents and cuantities...

That makes the brain's primary "function" or what it does most of the time. Then, if you were to intend to distract it, you'd give it something to occupy itself in, no?

To me, star scroller animations do the trick; they get me in Zombie mode easily, but my sister is number-based and these kind of scroller bore the hell out of her, and i don't really know what gets her in zombie mode (other than stupid anime)

I'm sure that if i make her brain occupy itself watching number and relations and such she'd get the zombie mode...

It's true that sleep paralysis can help with astral projection and obe's.
To your learning channel idea, interesting idea. I'll try it out tonight. Good tip!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:27 am
I don't think I understand what you wrote, Zadkiel...are you saying that by distracting the learning part of your brain it's easier to astral travel? sweatdrop  

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:29 pm
I edited a few posts on my first page with info. By the way, if anyone has anything important to add to the chat, add away!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:08 pm
Oh, I have a question; what are the advantages of astral travelling? As in, why do it at all?  

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Immortal44

6,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:19 pm
EladrinStarmist
Oh, I have a question; what are the advantages of astral travelling? As in, why do it at all?

there could be many reason for one to want to go out of the body. the main reason would be to prove to yourself that it is posible. Posible for the soul to exsist indepentant of the body. It can also be used as a method of improving many spiritual aspects of yourself if you so wish. Or maybe just to explore a place that not everyone knows exsists. Everyone who leaves there body has a reason for wanting to do so. maybe just so that they can say that they have. I have never really made it out of my body but I have been tring for a while now.

(Im new to this guild, Im not a member yet but I might become one. Im the captian of a guild with a similiar topic.)  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:06 am
ImmortalWarrior44
EladrinStarmist

there could be many reason for one to want to go out of the body. the main reason would be to prove to yourself that it is posible. Posible for the soul to exsist indepentant of the body. It can also be used as a method of improving many spiritual aspects of yourself if you so wish. Or maybe just to explore a place that not everyone knows exsists. Everyone who leaves there body has a reason for wanting to do so. maybe just so that they can say that they have. I have never really made it out of my body but I have been tring for a while now.

(Im new to this guild, Im not a member yet but I might become one. Im the captian of a guild with a similiar topic.)

Good answer! The guild you mentioned is the gain psychics guild, right? It's a pretty cool guild, you guys might want to check it out.  

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:48 pm
Hrm, those are really good reasons, but are they worth the risks you take when you're out and about? I know that if you're protected by your spirit guides, familiar and or angel you'd be ok, but isn't it scary out there? Are there places you're not allowed to go? Is it possible to time travel while out of your body?

link to the gaian psychic's guild please!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:06 pm
EladrinStarmist
Hrm, those are really good reasons, but are they worth the risks you take when you're out and about? I know that if you're protected by your spirit guides, familiar and or angel you'd be ok, but isn't it scary out there? Are there places you're not allowed to go? Is it possible to time travel while out of your body?

link to the gaian psychic's guild please!

I'm pretty sure that there are "levels" of the astral, and you can only go to the ones closest to the way life on Earth is. The highest is apparently the "holiest" from what I've heard. I've heard it's possible to time travel when APing, but I've never had a chance to try.

Link to gaian psychic's guild  

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

Zadkiel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:19 am
EladrinStarmist
I don't think I understand what you wrote, Zadkiel...are you saying that by distracting the learning part of your brain it's easier to astral travel? sweatdrop

Yup. That's about it.

Thing is, one is always "learning" as in, conscious of your surroundings, each time you hear a new sound you remember it (even for a bit) and can recognize it later, no? That's learning.

The brain likes to do that, and to do that, it needs to sense our body and use it's sensors, so it's always reading each of it, thus being "tied" somehow to it.

If we get the brain to distract itself from the body (i.e. zombie mode) then you **could** dettach it enought to A/T.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:44 pm
Ahh. Now I get it. Thanks. *checks out the gaian psychic's guild*  

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:42 pm
I have never done astral porjection or AT, but I would love to. I came close one night- my familiars where flying around and I could feel the air rushing past me as well. ^^ I want to meditate more and get more control before I try AP, though.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:36 pm
I know I haven't posted lately, I've been busy.^-^ Nothing new in ap, but I've been too tired to realy try hard. I should start to keep a diary, huh?*makes mental note*  

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

Medical Machinery

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:22 pm
I'd love to astral project or have an OBE, but not yet. I need to meditate more, and I think my chi is low. Low chi, I hope I don't have a shrunken aura. Shrunken auras = materialistic and people too tied up to this world.  
The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games