Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Should Capcom Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark Lightning2200

Popular Sex Symbol

8,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:45 pm
i just wish they make a world wide, or at lest a city based game thats truly a survival horror game, but keep RE4 type of shooting in it and all... make it like grand theft auto and alow u to make ur own chair and there ablitys they have (what weapon there best at if any and how much hey can carry at a time.. u know?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:58 pm
Except with aiming like RE4's it couldn't truly be survival horror.

And I say keep a set amount of weapons they can carry (a realistic) amount. Same with ammo. That was one thing Homecoming did that I liked: limited the amount of ammo you help to two extra full reloads (i.e. pistol holds nine rounds, so the loaded weapon plus 18 extra rounds. That's it.)  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:31 am
Meh. Survival Horror is dead. I've accepted that.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:44 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Meh. Survival Horror is dead. I've accepted that.

True, it is dead. It still makes me sad though.  

Marka_Ragnos

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:20 am
With any luck, since Fatal Frame was scary throughout its three titles, the fourth should do well though.

Although, we all know how fourth installments go...

Oh wait, that's just Capcom series. Okay, nevermind. I still have hope, then!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:37 pm
Yeah, but that's Fatal Frame... One game. Okay, maybe Siren Blood Curse, that's two games. And frankly, even if the new Fatal Frame is any good, if it's half as traditional as the GOOD survival horror games, it probably won't sell very much at all.
Every 'survival horror' game is either turning into action horror, or action survival, or in case of RE, Action RPG, with no survival OR horror aspects to it. Other than, oh, it has monsters, scary. Final Fantasy has always had monsters and zombies, that doesn't make it a horror franchise.
By today's sad standards, you could consider Resistance and Gears of War to be survival horror games. Well, not YOU, but you know, the typical fratboy gamer who likes "Cod Five".  

Biohazard EXTREME

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:39 pm
RE5 will still be considered horror simply because like you said, the monsters and the hopeless atmosphere. And just like Gears of War like you said... Some people called the game scary at times, which confused me...

I'm hoping survival horror isn't dead yet, and that it may evolve. Take SH: Homecoming. Not a terrible game but not exactly scary. I believe they can take the same formula and gameplay and really make it into a new survival horror, not action horror as so many games are these days.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:47 pm
Frankly, I think Silent Hill Origins had a great gameplay system. The fighting was fast, intense and on the spot, but at the same time, it was relatively similar to the way it's always been.
And the scares were ever present, Origins did a great job of freaking me out on many occasions. And this is on PSP.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:53 pm
Ah I completely forget that game exists since I don't have a PSP. Looks good.

Yeah, Konami can take the Origin's system (Which involved semi-static camera angles right?) and make another amazing survivor horror right there.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:56 pm
The camera in Origins was the same as in any SH game, but the controls were like in SH4, third person. Either way, it worked well for it, and yes, I think it's the best overall gameplay system SH has ever had. It's reminiscent of the old school SH games, but accessible enough for people who aren't used to first person controls.

It's been ported to PS2, you should buy it.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:02 pm
Sounds good. 'll look into buying it real soon. Haven't seen it in any stores, can probably buy it for a rediculous price online.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:03 pm
Eh, it shouldn't be too bad. It'll probably around its $40 retail value.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:05 pm
Amazing. Only 20 online. Yeah, I'll really look into it soon.

Shame the original SH is still about 50 bucks. I need a job...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:07 pm
$50 isn't bad. Considering it's a freaking relic. I got mine for around $30, but it's in a pretty bad condition. Well, it works is what matters.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:09 pm
Yeah 50 bucks sounds like a deal. What I would do to have it in my collection.

But see... I still got these god-like figures floating around who I must beg for money. You once called them, parents. razz  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff