Reply Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild
Meine Liebe Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raisetsu

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 3:02 am
Meine Liebe, as everyone has just said, is nothing but pretty boys xd .

Quite honestly, there's really NO POINT of watching the anime whatsoever with the exception of eye candy (and this is coming from someone who sat through both seasons of the damn thing cool ).

The original story from the dating sim is that this girl (who is not named in the game) has enrolled into the school that all our pretty boys go to, and the objective of the game is to snag one of them for the graduation prom. YES.

Whereas the manga takes the girl and names her Erica, and she enrolls into the famous school where Orphe and friends go to in hope of finding her long lost brother (which happens to be Eduard, who's looking for his sister as well). The manga is hopelessly shoujo in nature, with the girl being the target of the Strahl counsel and the envy of the whole school. You can see where it's heading for now.  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 3:21 pm
Raisetsu
Meine Liebe, as everyone has just said, is nothing but pretty boys xd .

Quite honestly, there's really NO POINT of watching the anime whatsoever with the exception of eye candy (and this is coming from someone who sat through both seasons of the damn thing cool ).

The original story from the dating sim is that this girl (who is not named in the game) has enrolled into the school that all our pretty boys go to, and the objective of the game is to snag one of them for the graduation prom. YES.

Whereas the manga takes the girl and names her Erica, and she enrolls into the famous school where Orphe and friends go to in hope of finding her long lost brother (which happens to be Eduard, who's looking for his sister as well). The manga is hopelessly shoujo in nature, with the girl being the target of the Strahl counsel and the envy of the whole school. You can see where it's heading for now.

Indeed, can we tell this isn't a Kaori Yuki manga XD
If it were her writing the story she'd have some dark terrible sinister secret eating away at our protagonists' hearts...bonus points students start turning up dead. Even more bonus points if there are darkly perverse childhoods involved.  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Cain_Hargreaves

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Sai-kun

If it were her writing the story she'd have some dark terrible sinister secret eating away at our protagonists' hearts...bonus points students start turning up dead. Even more bonus points if there are darkly perverse childhoods involved.

Orphe would probably have been in love with his sister, possibly conceived a child with her that turns out to be the antichrist. Edward would be in love with him but unable to vocalize it. Camus would be a hermaphrodite son of a street-whore. Lui. . .well, let's just say that a whole band of molested underclassmen band together and murder him. <_< Naoji goes insane because of it ('cause you know, he loved Lui!) and starts cutting out people's hearts and eating them.

. . . Oh, and I'm pretty sure Isaac turns out to be the devil. Or death. One of the two.

3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:12 pm
Cain_Hargreaves
Sai-kun

Orphe would probably have been in love with his sister, possibly conceived a child with her that turns out to be the antichrist. Edward would be in love with him but unable to vocalize it. Camus would be a hermaphrodite son of a street-whore. Lui. . .well, let's just say that a whole band of molested underclassmen band together and murder him. <_< Naoji goes insane because of it ('cause you know, he loved Lui!) and starts cutting out people's hearts and eating them.

. . . Oh, and I'm pretty sure Isaac turns out to be the devil. Or death. One of the two.

3nodding

Someone needs to turn that into a fanfic, I love it. xd  

YGOPaladin

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:34 am
YGOPaladin
Cain_Hargreaves
Sai-kun

3nodding

Someone needs to turn that into a fanfic, I love it. xd

Your version of Meine Liebe is sinfully beautiful, Cain.
It should happen...<3  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:48 pm
I've never heard of it, ever.

The only things of Kaori Yuki's that I'm familiar with are Angel Sanctuary and everything having to do with the Cain Saga/Godchild/etc.  

The Lady Eyeball

Vi Sparklemist

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:21 am
Goddamnit! I've been away for what, like another year? And the first thing I see when I go back to visit the good old forums is this! Did you have to remind me how I want to play the game, translated?

I swear, one of these days I'm gonna force someone into translating it, and I wont be nice when I do it. Give me the bishounen in a language I understand damnit! xd

As for the anime, never seen it. Aside from the opening and ending, that is.
Sigh~ heart I can be such a fangirl at times.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:41 pm
i cant wait for more of the manga o.o' the anime and manga are so different its odd lol and i really love this series~! im so getting the game sometime! XD  

Yuuasa

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:50 am
Alsh-chan
i cant wait for more of the manga o.o' the anime and manga are so different its odd lol and i really love this series~! im so getting the game sometime! XD

Ive seen all three volumes in Chinese here, I was tempted, but then I remember how boring the manga is ^_^;
Not to mention the manga printed in China is usually pretty crappy quality and I haven't seen an HK version.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:31 pm
Well, I guess technically there wasn't much plot to the first season, but Weider did have a plot. It didn't come until the later episodes, but it's hard to get plot out of a single 13 episode season.

I've never even seen the manga, but I've seen pictures of the games. That's it otherwise...

So yes, I guess Meine Liebe can fall under eye-candy... biggrin  

Hane no Kori

4,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Full closet 200

Von~P

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:24 pm
Oh! Wow I didn't know she did the character designs, but now I think about it, i can see it (especially the lips). No wounder I love the Mein Liebe boys so much.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:04 pm
MizerableAngel
Woot! Yet another series to get hooked on...

4laugh  

Drag Hustler

Astharte

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:02 am
i wonder why the title is in german. japanese i would understand, but why german?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:58 pm
Just like English writers often use foreign languages in their work, so do the Japanese.

French, German and English frequently show up in Japanese pop media...
There's no reason why the Japanese wouldn't understand it (if they don't, they look it up).

Also, Meine Liebe is supposed to take place in a fantastic, European, 18th-century-flavored alternate universe. The European title helps to evoke this atmosphere.  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash