Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Café (General Chat)
so how come the guild has died? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:45 am
i've just been doing stuff to get into college. going for my A.A. in Criminal Justice. plus, i finally got out of state.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:56 pm
User Image

The guild does seem a wee bit slow. I feel Like I'm talking to myself. ._.

However it's pretty much the only place interesting enough to even warrant a response from me on any occult subject.

I hope I'm not being too annoying making all these posts and I'm not even in the guild yet mitsh. xP

--- Vittoria  

Lovely-Avarice

Unforgiving Bloodsucker

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Arcane_Ninja24

Fashionable Codger

4,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:50 pm
Ledon Kester
Maybe we need some kind of random event or a guild-wide class about the occult or something.

Anything could pick up the pace, but only one thing will do the job right.

why one? why not two? or three?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:22 pm
I'm pretty new here, which can be a blessing. Resurrecting dead threads is the work of interested newcomers. I've done that with a couple.

But yeah... forums' activity has its own seasons. December exams, if we have a lot of folks in school, can make this a slow time.

Conan The Barbie Doll
Well, I'm new(-ish) and I've been posting a bit. smile
Nice sig, btw biggrin  

PrometheanSet

Justus D Spencer

Dangerous Capitalist

4,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:25 am
Alistair_Faust
i mean used be atleast semi-active now it is just dead

Its because of a problem most guilds have. First huge overflow of people that come in and create forums and topics like mad animals. Though its been proven time and time again people forget that this leads to a chaotic outcome that falls into a pit of darkness. As now with no many topics and disorganization. People looking in just to see if they would be interested get turned away.

Personally even i was turned away, and didn't bother to ask to join because of it. But since i was interested i decided to look around. <__< place needs a good clean up  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:07 pm
Cade The Imperfect
Alistair_Faust
i mean used be atleast semi-active now it is just dead

Its because of a problem most guilds have. First huge overflow of people that come in and create forums and topics like mad animals. Though its been proven time and time again people forget that this leads to a chaotic outcome that falls into a pit of darkness. As now with no many topics and disorganization. People looking in just to see if they would be interested get turned away.

Personally even i was turned away, and didn't bother to ask to join because of it. But since i was interested i decided to look around. <__< place needs a good clean up

You do understand that this topic is two years old, and was addressing a sentiment expressed then, but not necessarily relevant now? We've never had an "overflow of people" - we've had a very steady stream of people asking to apply, between 1 and 4 every week.

Further to that, "People just looking in get turned away and you got turned away but looked in" seems something of a contradiction in terms (assuming that by "turned away" you mean "put off", since "turned away" does seem to imply that we deny them the ability to join?) Demonstrably, people /aren't/ put off.  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Justus D Spencer

Dangerous Capitalist

4,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:59 pm
a 2 year old topic sitting around gathering dust.... brilliant *face palm*  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:19 pm
Cade The Imperfect
a 2 year old topic sitting around gathering dust.... brilliant *face palm*
Yeah... gathering dust.... meanwhile even you posted in it recently? XP

Threads go inactive, and get resurrected. This way, we have the previous discussion handy, instead of having to reinvent the wheel by getting as many new sources for the same info.

Cade, you carry yourself like someone who brims with youthful exuberance! On behalf of my fellow older members of gaia, I welcome you to the internet.

If nothing else, has this thread given a nice little niche to come and complain on the way out? Dang - I hope I haven't ruined that by mentioning it.  

PrometheanSet

The Café (General Chat)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces