Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
ANNOUNCEMENT - please read Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

It's bad folks
  really bad
View Results

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:27 pm
I like dubbed anime if I am going to watch it. *shrugs* And the only Japanese language stuff I have is NANA, which I bought from Borders. xp
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:03 am
NANA? (whats that)

I download alot of anime that's been fansubbed.
And alot of it has been very good translations.
I can't be positive about that, but at least fansubbers are less likely to cut and edit things out.

I would punch the guy that came up with censoring if I could.
censoring ruins everything!  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:22 pm
I don't think there was just one guy. xp And don't be violent. We are a hippy guild. surprised

The only Japanese language thing I have is Tokyo Godfathers, which I picked up at an anime con. It's one of only a few things that I don't mind watching in Japanese, partly cuz you can't get it in English and partly cuz it's so hilarious and well-done. xd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:53 pm
O_O, that's horrible.

I hope purple, you will fix that.

Sorry to hear that.

Dude and purple, I don't know that you both know each other.  

Sweetkitty

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:01 pm
Sweet, we're all fixed up now. 3nodding And yeah, dude is my brother. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:33 pm
Purple: that's glad to hear

Oh cool. ^_^  

Sweetkitty

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:58 pm
User Image

NANA...
There is manga and a live action movie. The anime hasn't been completed in english yet.

.......I don't really watch much anime at all. It gets seriously boring to me to watch most of them. It seems like everyone is exactly the same or way too involved in perverted matters. Which....*shrugs* I really don't care to watch anything like that. >_<; I'm a prude? I like censoring. >_>;

®îñí Ïkãtå®û

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:25 am
purpleravenhawk
And don't be violent. We are a hippy guild.

Hippy Guild? rofl

purpleravenhawk
The only Japanese language thing I have is Tokyo Godfathers

I started watching japanese versions when I received the 2nd ghost in the shell movie as a christmas gift. biggrin

sweetkitty
I don't know that you both know each other.

And now you know. rofl

rini ikataru
I'm a prude? I like censoring.

I've never heard of anyone calling THEMSELVES that before.
The pervertion has never bothered me (might be because I'm a guy), infact it can cause some rather humorous episodes. (especially if it's the girl that's perverted and not the guy - because that's the complete opposite of the real world that I know) Besides, if they edit a point in a show and not any related matters (which is quite common), then they completely change how the characters personallities are perceived by the viewer (or by me anyway), turning a simple understandable reaction into a way-over-the-top uncalled-for reaction (turning a likable character into a completely disliked character sometimes). Which completely ruins the show. I'd rather watch stuff the way it was created, and intended to be viewed by the creator.  

xwhateverxdudex

Sweetkitty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:30 pm
Dude: yeah I know...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:43 pm
I can understand both sides of the debate. There are select situations in which some censoring is actually a good thing, but for the most part, I'm against it. But I'm a big advocate of evaluating situations individually rather than making hard and fast rules for everything. But to get right down to it, there's always gonna be some amount of censorship going on. For instance, we censor ourselves every day in conversation, and I don't just mean by making sure you don't say "s**t" in the presence of your mother. I'm talking about controlling your reactions to other people and things. And deciding what to say and when to say it. Choosing your words and facial expressions. Sure, sometimes things just reflexively come out, but usually we control ourselves at least a little. It's a necessary process to a functioning society. But the important thing to remember is: All things in moderation. Including censorship and its opposite: approval, or endorsement.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:49 pm
User Image

I just don't really care to watch an episode of anime in Japanese. Mostly because I'm not considered an anime fan. I really think most anime are super boring and don't hold my attention for more than a few minutes. So...if I'm going to watch it...I'd rather watch it in a language I understand. If If I am going to read subtitles, I'd rather just read the Manga. But that's my opinion and I don't think that anyone who IS an anime fan is bad. Everyone has their own preferences in what they like. 3nodding Mine just tend to be a little more......different from most people online. sweatdrop I don't like sexual humor 90% of the time. It's boring and overused to me. I find most online jokes really stupid. >_<;

Again, that's my opinion. I'm not like trying to say anyone else is wrong or anything so please don't look at it that way. >_<;;;;;;;

®îñí Ïkãtå®û

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:14 pm
All things are understood and agreed with.

This is one of those points were an old expression comes to mind.
"agree to disagree"

(I don't actually know how old that expression is.)  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:58 pm
No one's going to attack you, Rini. whee Everyone in VVV is free to express thir opinion in a non-violent, non-n00bish way. Besides, dude knows that if he gets too out of hand, I'm right down the hall. twisted JK And if everyone liked the same stuff, the world would be quite boring. 3nodding

Anyway, as far as what makes a "real" anime fan, I consider myself to be more of a real fan than the people who like anything and everything anime just because it is anime. I'm far more picky, looking for the cream of the crop, so to speak. In my opinion, that makes me a better judge of good anime than the otaku people. And I think that the better judge you are of a subject, the better fan you are. whee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:05 pm
User Image

xD! I just didn't want anyone to think that I was attacking them. >_<;; Because, well I wasn't! And I agree with both you and Dude. Everyone has their own tastes and don't agree on everything. We'd all be dull & boring if we did. whee

........I think that does make you a good fan of something, Purple. If you actually take the time to ...I guess investigate (..which inst' the right word but I'll work with it right now. ) the show itself and figure out if it actually would be something you'd find entertaining then you're giving it more thought than to just sit down and go: "OMFG IT'S ANIME!" *watch obsessively not even really understanding 5 seconds of it* -Those are the fans that are truly just....(well to me at least) trying way to hard to fit in. The want so bad to -be- Japanese that they'll do anything it takes to pretend they are. *shudders* Hell, even the Japanese make fun of those type of people.

Plus......Japan it's over-rated. My dad used to live there himself actually, he said back when he was younger he was kind of into anime and the whole Japanese culture but when he went there he said it just felt stuffy and not as "cool" as he'd once thought it was. xP! ....Of course, I've never been there and due to me not learning the language..I've no desire to visit. xD

®îñí Ïkãtå®û

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:14 am
Japan is one of those places that's nice to visit, but ya wouldn't want to live there.

It's peoples differences that make the world unique. Without them everything would be grey.

I don't watch something just because it's anime. I watch it to see if I like it. But I also like to see a lot of new anime to find the hidden jewels in the piles of over-rated stuff. (I won't call it junk) For Example - people rave about naruto, and although it is good, I wouldn't say it's the best.

Same thing goes for a lot of other stuff. You just can't say all of anything is good or bad just because it's all lumped together. Everything has catagories within the large "lumps" of stuff. You just have to dig till you find something you like.

I just happen to except a lot of anime, because I'm not pressed for time to the point that I have to limit what I watch. (I'm pressed for HD space instead - LOL)

I may not be that picky, but I don't dislike something just because it's unrealistic, or way out there. It's the unrealism that makes it good to me, because I watch stuff to get away from the real world. And for me at least, the more unrealistic it is, the easier it is to do that. But that's just me. Everyone has their own way to "get away from the real world". You just have to find it.

Unless you like the real world. (which is rare)
And if that's the case, then I say good for you!
rofl  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces