Reply Readers' and Writers' Guild
Favorite Genre Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krezia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:46 am
I like pretty much everything from Romance to hard core action, what I look for in a book isn't necessarily the genre, though that's a big factor, but the plot line, because if all it is is some kid who all of a sudden goes to a different world and then *boom* some elf chick is with him and then *boom* again and he's just saved the world three times and stuff like that, it's just not interesting. I also love books with intelligent villains, ones where you just hate them, but can't help and respect their wit.

Generally I love all genres.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:08 pm
Denomana
I like pretty much everything from Romance to hard core action, what I look for in a book isn't necessarily the genre, though that's a big factor, but the plot line, because if all it is is some kid who all of a sudden goes to a different world and then *boom* some elf chick is with him and then *boom* again and he's just saved the world three times and stuff like that, it's just not interesting. I also love books with intelligent villains, ones where you just hate them, but can't help and respect their wit.

I definitely agree with you Denomana about the villains. Any book with an especially witty villain or twisted main character tends to entice me.  

penandpaper67
Captain

xXKristahliaXx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:12 pm
penandpaper67
Denomana

I definitely agree with you Denomana about the villains. Any book with an especially witty villain or twisted main character tends to entice me.

Seconded! (or Thirded? sweatdrop ) Fantasy is my fave genre, but I'm not super-picky with the books I read. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:21 pm
My is romance with a little bit of comedy and angst. I also like Victorian era dating back in 1870 to 1880, and I also specially like vampires and werewolves in romance books just as long as it's good with reviews by other readers.  

Christine Alina

8,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Priestess of Neptune
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:44 pm
I too enjoy works from the Victorian era. It would not be an epiphany to anyone who has been here for a lengthy enough period of time to learn that I enjoy literature - preferably pre-1928. Thoreau, Emerson, Voltaire, Huxley, Melville, Orwell, Cervantes, Lovecraft, Hawthorne, Shakespeare, Dickens, Hemingway, Chekhov, Rand, Poe, Walter M. Miller, Irving, Stoker, Mary Shelley, Edmond Rostand... Essentially anything by an enlightened writer, that requires and instigates thought, an attribute that is scarce amongst "modern" writers.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:29 pm
I like all types of genres. The one you'll find alot of on my book shelf is History/Fiction Fantasy/Sci-fi History I like mysterys but not the Nancy Drew Hardy Boys Mystery. The mature adult kind part CSI more reality?? ANyweay yeah........  

sezuko

MarukawaBubbleGum

Generous Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:02 pm
fantasy/fiction really is the most loved xD
but my favorite are horror books full of mystery and gore. if i read a romance book, it'd have to have action and adventure in it. overall, they must be fiction!! non-fiction bores the heck outa me  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:17 pm
Caroli3
Mine would probably be fiction/fantasy.

same here  

dragonlover5

Lonely Fairy

15,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300

Music Freak813

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:51 am
mine is romance heart  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:41 pm
i love romance books  

Music Freak813

Poke Duckie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:44 pm
My favorite are fantasy and adventure.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:47 pm
I do like a few things. For example, I love horror, with a spot of humor. I also like fantasy that has a deep plot. books that have only humor are fine with me as well.  

DoubIe Entendre

Friendly Fairy

10,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jolly Roger 50

Hybrid Defect

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:23 am
I like science fiction but recently I've become extremely picky.
I like Orson Scott Card, Frank Herbert, Doug Adams and random ones. I used to like Kevin J Anderson but recently I've found him a bit hokey.

Right next to science fiction is educational. In fact, I've read an equal amount of a wide, random assortment of educational books.
The real world can be more interesting than fiction. It's not fiction but it does inspires fiction.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:33 pm
I absolutely hate mystery books, completely because I can never figure out who did it. xD I love good Sci-Fi books. OwO

Usaji-san

6,000 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150

crooked_signal

8,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:00 pm
Try Sociological. Definition and critique of a Utopia society from the perspective of the Misfit.
penandpaper67
Fear Richy if u dare
Definitely Fantasy/Fiction. However, I do like Comedy, Adventure, Action, some slight Crime elements, oh, and some Big Brother-esque thingies, whatever they're called, like 1984 (I think. XD). XD I'm also currently enjoying disecting Lord of the Flies (Whatever genre that is) in my English GCSE. XD

I think you're thinking of utopian/dystopian fiction.

Readers' and Writers' Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff