Submit

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:32 am
I have it for Wii, and my friend has it for 360.
Gotta say, I think the 360 version is actually better. Somewhat for day stages, and a lot for night stages (if only because their aren't a ******** of them).
For the day stages, they play very similarly, but the 360 has larger stages, more stages, and shinier graphics. But for the actual game play, the Wii wins out for me in day stages.
In night stages, the levels for 360 are fewer, but also way longer. However, the gameplay is more exciting, and while still repetitive, the flashier graphics make it more fun. In the night, it's numerous stages, crappy platforming (though the 360 version has that as well) and really really boring fights. It's mostly just waggle waggle waggle.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:21 am
l-Kathulu-l
Good thing I got a 360, I no longer have to settle for watered down versions of games deported to the Wii. Not all of them are bad, just this one sounds better on the 360.
The only part that I can think of that was watered down was the village hub, and if the other version has you actually walking around and talking to people, then I'd gladly take the Wii's boring menu, just to save time inbetween.

TtheHero
I'm supposed to get this as a gift pretty soon.

Well, I hope the music will be good...

And after this, how well do you guys think Sonic and the Black Knight will fare?
The music is average, and even if it was great, that's not much of a consolation. Black Knight has a chance to be good or bad, but I just don't see Sonic Team making it live up to Sonic Adventure one or two. I mean, hell, I thought Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) would have to be good, because they were naming it after the first game, just to show how great it would be. But it wasn't. Now we're placing bets on a Wii-only entry, after we've had Heroes, Shadow, Secret Rings, 2K6, and Unleashed?

dragn99
I have it for Wii, and my friend has it for 360.
Gotta say, I think the 360 version is actually better. Somewhat for day stages, and a lot for night stages (if only because their aren't a ******** of them).
For the day stages, they play very similarly, but the 360 has larger stages, more stages, and shinier graphics. But for the actual game play, the Wii wins out for me in day stages.
In night stages, the levels for 360 are fewer, but also way longer. However, the gameplay is more exciting, and while still repetitive, the flashier graphics make it more fun. In the night, it's numerous stages, crappy platforming (though the 360 version has that as well) and really really boring fights. It's mostly just waggle waggle waggle.
I turned off waggle and used the GameCube controller. I don't see why you have to wave your arms to do everything. But if the gameplay on the Wii version wins out over the gameplay on the 360 version, that's not a good sign, because everything just feels loose and awkward, even while using the GameCube controller. The night stages wouldn't have been so bad if they had taken out about half of the enemies. It's just so repetitive.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

otawara

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:31 pm
Sonic Unleashed was.... how do I say this.... Somewhere near mediocre and not so bad.

Sadly, I can only say I've played the 360 version (for about an hour at a friend's house before the werehog level got me so PO'ed I almost threw the remote) and I thought the Sonic levels were better than the Werehog ones. Sonic is speed. Not a rampant monster that tears throughout the night.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:35 pm
no Chao? TTT_______________________TTT  

Xilo The Odd

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:40 pm
Speaking of which I simply MUST see how Rocky and Jojo are.

Lovable scamps reincarnated twice, and they come to everyone... 'cept Rouge.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:46 pm
~Xiloscent~

THEY ARE IN HELL WHERE THEY BELONG.

No seriously? Who thought they were a good idea?

"Hey let's put some stupid digital pets in the next Sonic game."
"A game about speed and running? That sounds great. Then we'll go make a game where he's snowboarding in the air, or some s**t."

They're not as bad as werewolf Sonic since they're completely optional, but I'd rather they put the development time into more stages. I don't think I EVER buy a Sonic game expecting some digipet feature; I would buy Tamagotchi world or whatever if I wanted that.

But yeah, the running parts were pretty much a repeat of Sonic and the Secret Rings, only it was too fast and half the time you didn't know what you were doing.  

Waynebrizzle

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:49 pm
I'd be playing it more if I could get passed that stupid level.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:58 pm
TtheHero
Speaking of which I simply MUST see how Rocky and Jojo are.

Lovable scamps reincarnated twice, and they come to everyone... 'cept Rouge.
My good Chao was named Jojo.
All his stats are maxed out except Stamina.
Then again, they're pretty much all C rank...  

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:24 pm
Regulust
I'd be playing it more if I could get passed that stupid level.

And as I said with the hint earlier, pause it. You have enough time to hit the buttons after you unpause, and stuff.

And @ Everyone saying with 360 version is better: *Slap* Try and get up to Eggmanland. ******** SUN AND MOOD MEDALS. *stabs a puppy*  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:35 pm
Aww. I thought the running portions were fantastic, but you're right when you say there's not nearly enough of them. And I thought the drifting was cool. D:

Sadlyyyyy, the rest of the game sucks balls.
Maybe next time, Sega. ):  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:15 am
Waynebrizzle
~Xiloscent~

"A game about speed and running? That sounds great. Then we'll go make a game where he's snowboarding in the air, or some s**t."

They're not as bad as werewolf Sonic since they're completely optional, but I'd rather they put the development time into more stages. I don't think I EVER buy a Sonic game expecting some digipet feature; I would buy Tamagotchi world or whatever if I wanted that.

But yeah, the running parts were pretty much a repeat of Sonic and the Secret Rings, only it was too fast and half the time you didn't know what you were doing.

xd Well thank goodness the GCN version didn't require some digital thing that goes into the controller...

Or maybe the Dreamcast version DIDN'T require it, just that you could take it on the go...

Either way, in terms of handheld portability, they sort of fleshed that out...

But yeah It HAS been some time since I've actually been to the garden now.

Y'know, I was busting my hump trying to get Blue chaos Drives from those robots, but I either kept hearing they were rare of they just didn't exist.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:41 am
Teh AK
Aww. I thought the running portions were fantastic, but you're right when you say there's not nearly enough of them. And I thought the drifting was cool. D:

Sadlyyyyy, the rest of the game sucks balls.
Maybe next time, Sega. ):
Black Knight?  

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Allegro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:01 am
Waynebrizzle
~Xiloscent~

HEY ******** YOU. The Chao system added a lot of depth to that game. I had no inclination to collect any of the emblems (I got over that collecting s**t with Mario 64, thank you very much), but since the store's items got better the more emblems you have, I ******** raped that game. And my chao ******** liked rabbits. Which was cool, because my sister had a file on another memory card.

And yes, it's not what you would expect, but like I said, it was done very well.

Minusthewholeabilitytohityourchaotomakethemevil. >_________>  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:40 pm
Allegro
HEY ******** YOU. The Chao system added a lot of depth to that game. I had no inclination to collect any of the emblems (I got over that collecting s**t with Mario 64, thank you very much), but since the store's items got better the more emblems you have, I ******** raped that game. And my chao ******** liked rabbits. Which was cool, because my sister had a file on another memory card.

And yes, it's not what you would expect, but like I said, it was done very well.

I really liked the chao. It gave you something to collect optionally as you played through the game, to do something that wasn't required. Plus, if you had a friend with the game, you could battle and race chao with one another. Totally awesome, like Pokemon in a way. It had a ton of depth, which was just another layer on the great cakes that were the Sonic Adventures.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:54 pm
Allegro
Waynebrizzle
~Xiloscent~

I never said it wasn't done well, I'm just saying that it's a really stupid idea to put them in a game like Sonic the Hedgehog, because it is. It does add depth, but that's only assuming you're interested in collecting all the s**t required to raise them. I wasn't, so I guess that's my problem.

Edit: As far as striking them goes, I thought this was kind of funny:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA0iaJTDWJE&feature=related  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas