Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)
How Did It Begin? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:24 pm
Larial Istari
Yeah, he sounds fun.
I accidentally created a sort of...I don't know what to call it. Some sort of servitor, maybe. Called Asmael (it sounded right. I don't know if it has significance), and it resulted in several very freaked out nights, as I had made him into a terror, specifically designed to make me afraid. (No eyes, needle claws and teeth, spooky voice. In short, the works.) He gradually got more and more of an independent personality until I had to have a sit-down, where I asserted that he was mine (or connected to me), and therefore I had no more reason to fear him than I had to fear myself. I sort of...took the fear-causing out of him, and left the rest in an imaginary box in the back of my head. (I'm very skeptical about how much of this actually happened. I'm nearly certain the servitor existed, but I don't know if I completely destroyed him, or if something else happened, because the 'blueprint' is still in my head, and it turns up on occasion.) Gah, I feel like a loony.
What's the Hollow Hill? Sounds fey-ish, is it a group of some kind?

That's very interesting. That is like when I created (or someone created) this orb that eventually transformed into a wolf that watched over my friends and I. After a while Allera left us.

The Hollow Hill is a certain tradition of Traditional Witchcraft. You can look it up here.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:37 pm
Larial Istari
Yeah, he sounds fun.
I accidentally created a sort of...I don't know what to call it. Some sort of servitor, maybe. Called Asmael (it sounded right. I don't know if it has significance), and it resulted in several very freaked out nights, as I had made him into a terror, specifically designed to make me afraid. (No eyes, needle claws and teeth, spooky voice. In short, the works.) He gradually got more and more of an independent personality until I had to have a sit-down, where I asserted that he was mine (or connected to me), and therefore I had no more reason to fear him than I had to fear myself. I sort of...took the fear-causing out of him, and left the rest in an imaginary box in the back of my head. (I'm very skeptical about how much of this actually happened. I'm nearly certain the servitor existed, but I don't know if I completely destroyed him, or if something else happened, because the 'blueprint' is still in my head, and it turns up on occasion.) Gah, I feel like a loony.

Strangely, I've been wanting to make a servitor that instills fear in everyone who it interacts with, self included, for quite a while.  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:41 pm
Mitsh
Larial Istari
Yeah, he sounds fun.

Strangely, I've been wanting to make a servitor that instills fear in everyone who it interacts with, self included, for quite a while.

Speaking of servitors, in creating one (though I call them fetches) one must give it a time limit of sorts which is normally a multiple of seven. The reason for this is that after it is done with its initial task it would come back to you asking for more tasks and eventually become a psychic parasite.

If one were to create a servitor for say...companionship, what would that be like. I'm not lonely but it is nice to have a little friend to talk to and send to see how people are doing and such. Would this burn you out eventually?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:43 am
Angus of the Crooked Way
Mitsh
Larial Istari
Yeah, he sounds fun.

Speaking of servitors, in creating one (though I call them fetches) one must give it a time limit of sorts which is normally a multiple of seven. The reason for this is that after it is done with its initial task it would come back to you asking for more tasks and eventually become a psychic parasite.

If one were to create a servitor for say...companionship, what would that be like. I'm not lonely but it is nice to have a little friend to talk to and send to see how people are doing and such. Would this burn you out eventually?

A limit on lifespan wouldn't necessarily be appropriate for all servitors: for example, I designed one for finding occult objects I'd like and to look for specific things for me, and tasked it to "browse" the city every week for new ones. Having to remake that servitor would be piss-annoying.

It depends on what your conception of the servitor's powersource is - some consider it autonomous, that it uses the energy you gave it upon first creation. Others thing it always feeds from you regardless.  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Neamhain Riona

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:08 am
My studies began when I was pushed up against a barn fall and the stone moved out. We found a book on Occult practices and decided to try some of the "spells" in them. I was 12, and stupid. -scratches head- I got stabbed in the side for it. My friend was "taken" by something, and she started trying to stab me.
Even though that first time was "scary", I kept going and learning more even with the desperate attempts from parents and various others to "save my soul".
Now, I am into shamanistic studies.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:53 pm
Mitsh

A limit on lifespan wouldn't necessarily be appropriate for all servitors: for example, I designed one for finding occult objects I'd like and to look for specific things for me, and tasked it to "browse" the city every week for new ones. Having to remake that servitor would be piss-annoying.

It depends on what your conception of the servitor's powersource is - some consider it autonomous, that it uses the energy you gave it upon first creation. Others think it always feeds from you regardless.

But wouldn't the energy that you gave it in creation burn out after a while? Or would you task it to refill itself from a certain source, say the sun? Like...equip a solar panel to it XD That would be interesting...OMG A little Walle of your own! XD

That's interesting...I have never made one I have only read about them. I might make one to help me find a place to do my work as I don't like doing it where people can see. I feel that their energies of "What the hell is that boy doing?" are rather intrusive on my energies.  

Cunning Witch Angus

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:12 pm
@Angus: Since there's a thread over on the MPRILC which is more suited to the topic, I'll reply to you there, m'kay? =]  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:37 am
Sadly enough, what started my interest was, believe it not, the children's shows on PBS. Specifically, Wishbone, that little terrier dog who used to summarize literary classics in such a way that children could understand them. They did a version of Rip Van Winkle that caused me to be utterly fascinated with ghosts and the like. After that, it was all the library's fault. I read so many books based on myths, magick and paranormal activity that I (rather naively) considered myself an expert for a while.

Of course, once I actually looked at more serious books with historical basis and far more formal writing, I realized how off the mark most of my old children's books were and moved on to bigger and better things. I lost interest for a while in occult happenings as life-drama began to eat away at my spare time (friends falling into depression, secondary schooling looming in my future, family problems, etc). But now that I'm older, have the time and the means to do more research, I'm jumping back in again. Yay self-education. ^_^  

Aranka Taine

Terg

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:10 am
My interest started with death.

I don't think the motivation behind my interest has changed much.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:11 am
I've grown up Atheist in a household that included a Pagan mom and Hindu stepdad who both agreed with the idea that all religions are based on the same truths.

i have always believed in an afterlife, and in Spirits and Souls. but i didn't know if i believed in any god or gods. up until age 17 it didn't seem like it even made sense for it to exist. i was Astrally Projecting and getting visions at age 16, even speaking to a past life self that channeled and shared mind and body with. but it wasn't until i actually met with Odin in the Astral that i believed in gods. and that got me started on the Occult path. i basically just picked up everything else on the way.  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200

D_Marx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:45 am
Had a run-in with another dimension as a youth, had an imaginary friend who wasn't really imaginary. Then I began to hone in on the spirits a little more when I wouldn't stop "this nonsense" and just kind of made myself at home as a little girl adopted by a strange world.

I get chastised if I say upsetting things and get praised for things I say that come true. Kind of makes me want to run off in some random direction without looking back. If they only knew I've felt the pull.  
The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games