82%  [ 38 ]
no....
17%
 17%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 46

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:52 pm
nerdyninja
Am I the only one who loved the GC graphics? I think it was well done 3-D and the cartoony style graphics that presented itself during its years were always pleasant (Go LoZ: WW and HV:AWL!). I also think that it really wasn't popular because it existed in the time when FPSs were getting very popular and for some reason no would make GC FPS games. Its something I never understood but I think that the GC design, graphics, and games were some of Nintendo's most under appreciated gems

I also liked the graphics. Also, it was the first system that let you put in a handheld system for more features or extra lvls. My sister and I fell in love with it when we first got it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:02 pm
"It is I. There is no treachery here, my child - there is only truth."

I still own my Gamecube: we take it with us when we go vacationing sometimes. It's a lot more portable than the Wii (mainly the sensor bar and the like) and it's still good to play.

The main thing is that GCN games are now compatible with Wii, so fewer people require such a console.

I know for hell I still have my N64. >.<

User Image
"Veritas!"
User Image

Veritas Unae_Nanashi

Dapper Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Full closet 200
  • Gender Swap 100

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:16 pm
The GC wasnt grand, but it wasnt horrible. What I find funny is how you said it had so many great games but you only listed 2. I have my GC, my NES, my N64, my SNES, my GB, my GBA, my GB Color, my DS, my sisters DS lite that I act like is mine, etc. But yeah, I will keep it forever so when they recycle our loveable box to make WALL-E action figures, I will love mine dusty in the corner.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:57 pm
NintendOmega
I've wondered this myself. I LOVED the Gamecube. The graphics weren't great but the games were almost all kickass.
It was capable of better graphics than the PS2, and often showed it off.

This is a misunderstanding I never understood. Ever seen RE4 Cube in comparison to RE4 PS2?  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

wariodude128

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:07 pm
Regulust
Waynebrizzle
Allegro
I was considering 2 and 1 as the same thing, since you could buy them together, if I remember correctly.

Wayne: I thought it did in Japan. :/

Huh. I didn't know.

Double Dash had no online support in any region.

I guess you all forgot about Episode III: C.A.R.D. Revolution. Never played, but read it had online support. I still have some gamecube games that I play on my Wii. Playing Majora's Mask in Collector's Edition right now. Trying to get as many heart pieces I can before I have to go to the stone tower temple.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:17 pm
I'm not sure how the GC flopped, really.
The actual gameplay of the games was fun (a concept that seems to be lost in a lot of games in favor of graphics) and while putting two screenshots one-to-one with Xbox or PS2 didn't always yield favorable results, in motion the animations and the like were usually just as good or better than the other consoles.

But I guess it's all in what you like.  

marci-parci

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:13 pm
I loved the N64 better, but the GameCube was still awesome in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:35 pm
You could plan LAN games online using Project Warpipe, an unnofficial workaround. Kirby Air Ride, 1080 Avalanche (I think) and Double Dash. I don't see how you can b***h about the graphics of the GameCube. That's retarded. It was stronger than the PS2, anyway.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

TooHyphy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:59 pm
The Gamecube was amazing.
Simply awesome.

Also, I believe either SA2B or Sonic Adventure DX had online. You could trade chao's with other people. >_>  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:36 pm
l-Kriel-l
Also, I believe either SA2B or Sonic Adventure DX had online. You could trade chao's with other people. >_>
No, you did that with Memory Cards and GBAs. No online.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:20 am
If I remember what my brother was babbling about ,all they needed was better processing power and it coulda whipe'd the floor with ps2 specs wise.

Let's hope they step it up another notch with the next system now that they've got them thar casuals spending money and are aquainted with the wii.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:12 am
I've owned a Gamecube, an Xbox and a PS2. I must say, I just don't get why anyone would ever think the Xbox was worthy of being the Gamecube and the PS2's competition. It is so horrible. I found it hard to find games that are fun for the Xbox, let alone ones that are fun anf exclusive for it. Is it because it's not "kiddy" that it sold so much, or what? >_>

I agree that the Gamecube should have been number one. It has a huge amount of really, really fun titles. I just had the most amazing time with it, and still get the games all the time. I played it with friends just as often as I play the Wii with friends. Everything about it was just sexy, and I can't find any reasons as to why it wouldn't do well, other than people are just lame. Graphics? Are you stupid? The graphics were just as good as they were on any other system. Most of the games didn't try to look realistic, but they still looked really good and colorful and just appealing to the eye. I swear, it's as if the people who talk about how the Gamecube has bad graphics in comparison to the PS2 or Xbox are actually thinking of the NES (but even then, it's not always true. >_>). Online? Okay, online is cool, but the Gamecube games didn't really need that to be fun, unlike some others (LIKE HALO).

As for the PS2, I can understand why it won, and I don't have any problem with that. I mean, it's pretty awesome. It's got tons of variety, not JUST of shitty games xD. The new model (which most people probably have now) is smaller/lighter than the Wii, so it's really portable. The old one was a monster, of course. And I have to admit, although I spent years hating on Sony for having features that didn't have to do with gaming and thus potentially selling more than they deserve for their game library, the DVD player feature is a pretty convenient extra. Now the PS3 selling systems solely for the whole Blu-Ray thing, THAT is retarded.  

Thanatoast Crunch

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:40 am
The Gamecube was just as entertaining as the PS2 for me.

I sold my Xbox. >_>  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:48 am
mallak_kahn
well... tomorro is the day i trade in my beloved gamecube. I have fallen to dark side and now own a wii. My gamecube was awsome. But.. I dont understand.... why was it such a flop?? there were some AMAZING games!!! LoZ Windwaker, Chibi robo, all those sorts of things... why oh why did it fail? It was actually more advanced that the XBox and PS3.... i have been hardcore gaming on my lil GC right up untill crimbo 08. it rocked.
I'm just gonna point this out...

Crazy Cray

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:46 am
I don't think it's a big mystery. The GameCube faced off against the PS2 and its third party support. Whether you enjoyed them or not, the PS2's library has an extensive list of excellent games, larger than the Cube or XBox.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff