Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Do any of you get beaten up by your parents? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Well?
  HELL YEAH!! ALWAYS!!! T-T My parents are ebbil
  uum....soooooometimes x_x;;;
  rarely :P
  nevaaar
  not telling you!!
View Results

Minielf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:31 pm
[.Higan Bana.]
t0shi0
I never got beaten because I was such a nice lil girl. <3 x3
But I did get yelled at, like the time I stuck a transformer's head into the DVD player and broke it. sweatdrop
LOL GOOD ONE. rofl

Lucky girl you! xd  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:02 am
I only remember this one time when I was like, 4 or something. I was walking around with this cup of milk in my hands and my mom had JUST finished cleaning the floor. She told me countless times not to walk and drink milk at the same time, but I didn't listen and I was walking around and dropped the cup(plastic) and the milk splattered EVERYWHERE! my mom got really mad, and she hit me with a stick.. it;s actually pretty funny when you say it.. haha (my friends and I were talking about how we got beat when we were little and stuff, like, wooden spoons, belts, spanking and all that stuff, it was pretty funny), but yeah, I learned my lesson from that... and I guess that's the only physical beating relating to my parents, the rest is more emotional 'bullying'( i chose that word, cuz I can't think of another for it.. sweatdrop eh-heh). Yeah, my parents use to think I was fat (and I was in the 8th grade,and one of the skinniest girls in my class according to some). well mostly my mom, and she really made me feel bad about myself! I promised I wouldn't end up being one of those girls that worry about there weight when they're a teenager...but I did.. my parents totally broke me, or maybe I was too weak to take it, either way.. It still happened.. I feel a lot better of myself now 3nodding , there were really other things that my parents said and didn't say that pissed me off,but i gotta work on this project for my japanese project!! ninja  

hip2b^2

[.Higan Bana.]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:08 am
Yasuragi-chan
but i gotta work on this project for my japanese project!! ninja

crying Lucky..............

Calling her own daughter fat when she's skinny? Your mom is mean... sweatdrop My mom is like the opposite...I think I'm the fattest girl and she thinks I'm skinny.... =__=;;;

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:54 pm
I don't really resent my mum, dad & grandparents hitting me, cos to be honest - I was BAD. twisted
I think I already had a lengthy discussion with yalie about discipline but I might as well say something constructive just for the road. Got disciplined pretty severely back in my younger days. Was hit with wooden spoons, wooden feather duster handles, wooden canes and got slapped a lot too. However I do think this sort of punishment was effective and I knew that my parents weren't doing it for their own sadistic pleasure. And as I already said, I was really badly behaved.
My mum told me how when I was 6 years old, I got these wooden building blocks for christmas. Instead of playing with them, I decided to throw them into the fireplace lol. sweatdrop
So overall I think disciplining can be an effective way to control children, although some children probably don't require it if they're already well behaved.  

Tokioka

KairiYukine

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:07 pm
Sometimes, but not really. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:21 pm
i used to get spanked when i was like 5 years old, but that's about it  

[J.C.]

Minielf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:36 pm
I've noticed now Asian parents all use physical force as means of disciplining children. I guess that's because of our beliefs and moral values that our parents all smacked us when we were children. In contrast, western parents don't tend to use physical force as much, because either
a) They're too used to the politically correct notion that smacking children equates to child abuse
b) Their children are far too unruly and rebellious for even smacking to be effective, which happens more often in white families than Asian families.
or c) They use mental and pyschological techiniques to punish children. Taking away a lot of special priveleges that young children get, or verbally abusing them when they do something wrong can have just as much impact as hitting them.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:07 pm
[.Higan Bana.]
Yasuragi-chan
but i gotta work on this project for my japanese project!! ninja

crying Lucky..............

Calling her own daughter fat when she's skinny? Your mom is mean... sweatdrop My mom is like the opposite...I think I'm the fattest girl and she thinks I'm skinny.... =__=;;;

redface ** I gotta work on this project for my japanese class!** I just noticed that sweatdrop
you really shouldn't think about urself like that though razz be proud of yourself, love yourself! just don't love yourself too much or you'll end up like this annoying frie-- aqquaintance! that i know! she talks about herself all the time! man she's annoying!

hip2b^2

[J.C.]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:09 pm
Minielf

b) Their children are far too unruly and rebellious for even smacking to be effective, which happens more often in white families than Asian families.

about the far too unruly and rebellious part
i think that it's so true, but that's b/e the parents don't even smack 'em when they're jsut kids
and that's also why 90% of the asians are quiet
i guess us asians are afraid to do anything that might get us in trouble (i'm not so sure taht's true for everybody though)  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:05 pm
I don't think so.. especially not asians raised in the west.. or in the east, in fact. It's just that our parents are (for the want of a better word) stricter and therefore we have a more defined sense of what we should and shouldn't do.. because we know the consequences - not just being punished but other concsequences as well..  

Niphredil Ithilmir

hip2b^2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:05 pm
Quote:
i guess us asians are afraid to do anything that might get us in trouble (i'm not so sure taht's true for everybody though)

hmm that's very interesting, yeah I'm always very quiet, and I always feel like I have to ask my parents permission before I go out, even if it's for like an half an hour (for like little walks and stuff), I feel like I'm sneaking around or something when I don't tell them,and I seem to always get "caught". like I turn one corner and I run into my grandpa or when I'm just about into my house, I turn around and my grandma's there! You see i live right next to my grandparents.. now I don't know about other ppl's grandparents, but mine are just soo infuriating! arghh.. words can't begin to describe how they're like or how i feel about them, so i shall be off!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:56 pm
Yasuragi-chan
Quote:

hmm that's very interesting, yeah I'm always very quiet, and I always feel like I have to ask my parents permission before I go out, even if it's for like an half an hour (for like little walks and stuff), I feel like I'm sneaking around or something when I don't tell them,and I seem to always get "caught". like I turn one corner and I run into my grandpa or when I'm just about into my house, I turn around and my grandma's there! You see i live right next to my grandparents.. now I don't know about other ppl's grandparents, but mine are just soo infuriating! arghh.. words can't begin to describe how they're like or how i feel about them, so i shall be off!

Omg, you're just like me!!! eek I also feel the need to ask my parents' permission to even go out on my own, even though I'm nearly 18. Plus my grandparents are also infuriating.  

Minielf

Tokioka

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:17 pm
Minielf
Yasuragi-chan
Quote:

Omg, you're just like me!!! eek I also feel the need to ask my parents' permission to even go out on my own, even though I'm nearly 18. Plus my grandparents are also infuriating.
My parents are overprotective - they always want to know exactly where I am. Whenever I go round a friend's house I even have to phone my mum up to let her know I got to their house safely! -sighs- stare  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:40 pm
when i was younger i used to get hit on the behind by my mom and a wooden stick. but she stopped doing that years ago. it used to be cause of my behaviors and stuff.  

mini_angel

[[ china ]]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:25 pm
Um..I don't get beaten ..but I get yelled at.

My parents also like to know where I am ALL the time [when I'm out with my friends] But it doesn't always bother me because I know they are just worried.

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff