Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Guild's BootyGrab thread. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:43 am
NomNomNominal
Pilotslover
WindowOpener
Pilotslover
I hate booty grab for the simple reason that it gives out gold.

Gaia is supposed to be getting gold OUT of the system, not adding more into it.

O RLY? ninja

Unless they intend to utterly ruin the Gaia economy so that it'll be the rich getting richer and the poor staying poor ...

Does booty grab give THAT much money? I personally have signatures disabled and majority of my friends do not display aquariums in their profiles, so I almost never see them. I think I'm earning a decent amount of fake electronic money despite this.

Some people have made up to 15k in a couple of days from it. That to me is far too much money from a game.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:19 pm
Pilotslover
NomNomNominal
Pilotslover
WindowOpener
Pilotslover
I hate booty grab for the simple reason that it gives out gold.

Gaia is supposed to be getting gold OUT of the system, not adding more into it.

O RLY? ninja

Unless they intend to utterly ruin the Gaia economy so that it'll be the rich getting richer and the poor staying poor ...

Does booty grab give THAT much money? I personally have signatures disabled and majority of my friends do not display aquariums in their profiles, so I almost never see them. I think I'm earning a decent amount of fake electronic money despite this.

Some people have made up to 15k in a couple of days from it. That to me is far too much money from a game.

So THAT is why everything has been inflating, huh? Maybe Gaia needs more stuff for people to spend their money on besides shops.  

shall she sail seas

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:51 am
NomNomNominal
Pilotslover

So THAT is why everything has been inflating, huh? Maybe Gaia needs more stuff for people to spend their money on besides shops.

Not just that.

The random item generators give out too much gold (Like Famestar) too.

I think they should increase the arena entry fees as a start.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:45 pm
Pilotslover
NomNomNominal
Pilotslover

Not just that.

Those don't inject gold into the market though, do they? They just increase the number of items on the market.  

shall she sail seas

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:03 am
NomNomNominal
Pilotslover
NomNomNominal
Pilotslover

Not just that.

Those don't inject gold into the market though, do they? They just increase the number of items on the market.

They DO inject gold into the market.

I've got some of the pictures they generate and the lowest value one is like 7k, these can be sold back to shops for that value.

You can also get Mythril coins.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:42 am
It wouldn't be so bad if everyone knew how to benefit from all the gold, But not enough people know how to get it in the first place. I for one happen to be decent at Market Management. But with the overseer, and DC. I haven't needed to earn money from market for quite a while now; probably about 4 months. I keep a tidy tank, and about once a week get an item worth 12,000 from him (last week I even got an item worth 24,000 in the shops). With the overseer's daily loot being about 1000 up to 5000 on a fairly regular basis. But then it sometimes only spits out a couple hundred, or one of those overseer items (Lidless, Regalia, Leviathan's Grace) which aren't worth ANYthing. Why is Gaia so inconsistent?  

1wolffan

5,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:54 pm
Gaia's never been very consistent. XD

It's not it's way.

The overseer is just an extreme example.

I got a pair of Fairy wings when my tank had like ... 40% health, now it's up in the 90's I just get gold ...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:53 pm
Pilotslover
NomNomNominal
Pilotslover
NomNomNominal
Pilotslover

Not just that.

They DO inject gold into the market.

I've got some of the pictures they generate and the lowest value one is like 7k, these can be sold back to shops for that value.

You can also get Mythril coins.

Huh! That bad, eh? I have a feeling that all the new cash items that are coming out lately are related to the current economic crisis in real life.  

shall she sail seas

1wolffan

5,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:30 pm
After the latest guild changes, fish tanks now show up in guilds so this thread can work now.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:57 am
xd

I kind of like it as a discussion thread though...

They have tweaked the system so that it doesn't give out nearly as much as it used to now. And booty grab doesn't pop up nearly as much, so it's harder to find. I think they were still trying to find a good balance before.  

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:26 pm
Well, I've earned an amazing 36 gold from Booty Grab, so I'm happy. xd

But seriously. I think it's cool. I like getting random things from the overseer. Although all the Octopus (on my heads) are starting to get on my nerves a bit.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:43 pm
The trash ability is a wonderful thing. rofl Thank you, gaia staff...  

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:15 pm
I actually like trying to sell them at 1 gold apiece. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:10 am
What ever floats your boat, I guess... rofl  

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:39 am
Really the only things I haven't been able to sell are -actual- trash items.  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff