Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
How do you feel about being atheist? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you believe in luck?
  No, the idea that a dead animal foot will somehow change the outcome of my day is ridiculous
  Yes, I own many charms/talismans/etc
  Unsure...
  I don't care
  My belief doesn't agree with any of these
  Put your own witty statement here. Use your imagination.
View Results

Dark_lord_15

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:29 pm
Here it goes, the most emo thing I have ever said:
Being an atheist makes me feel trapped and alone. The only people I can talk to are my parents (who don't want to discuss, or can't as much as I need it), My ex boyfriend (who is trying to convert me, lotsa good arguments there... that's why he's my ex), my retarded friends who say they're atheists but it's kinda obvious they aren't really (or they haven't put any thought into it... they're just trying to be cool and different), and my physical science teacher who is a universalist (and I get the odd feeling she wants to convert me but wouldn't dare try, because she knows exactly how I feel)

It also makes me feel bad for all of the brainless droids that I'm surrounded by every day. There are these amazing people all around me who are dedicating their lives to something I don't believe exists... when they could be doing better things. And what's worse, is that I know if they found out about me, I would immediately be pushed away like I have leprosy or something (which is ironic, because Jesus was down with the lepers, yo.) and it's not because I'm bad, it's that they've been told from the instant that they were old enough to grip a bible that atheists are evil

And on top of all of it comes the usual arrogance of thinking I am smarter than everyone else.

In other words, being an atheist in high school in the bible belt sucks a**... and some of you know how I feel wink

*time for some thing happy to say*
I'M PROUD TO BE AN ATHEIST!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:51 pm
Most of the time I don't even think about it anymore. I am happy with my life and my decisions.
I have had to face the fact that there are many people who think that they are the only ones who could posibly be right. One of these was my room mate my freshmen year in college. It took alot out of me but I was able to prove to myself that her idea of what was right was not nessisaraly what was right for me.
I cannot talk about what I do or do not beleive at my gandparents houses, I have to behave as if I am a good christan girl who is perfect.
The rest of the world can believe what they want. I mostly don't care unless it is directly affecting me.  

Kris945

5,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Full closet 200

Prince Rilian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:30 pm
Proud not to be a theist, because that would be idiotic.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:30 am
It actually kind of makes me angry with myself. Because of it, I don't have a good relationship with my father, and it would just be easier to blindly follow a religion.

That aside, it also makes me feel smart. That I've overcome the religious bullshit that's been shoved down my throat, and that I've come up with my own opinions. Also, because that means I don't believe in something ridiculous.  

MissDemeter

a390984092ff

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:33 am
I'm just neutral. It's what I am.
I understand that some people need religion. I'm just not one of them.
I usually keep quiet about it, but not out of shame. I just want to respect others beliefs, so I keep mine to myself.
I don't sit there and pretend to be christian though. I just treat the world like its an anthropological field, and I can't interfere smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:50 pm
I feel relieved! A HUGE weight has been lifted off of my shoulders! As an atheist I finally have the freedom to say 2+2=4!  

WolfSyndrome

Maj0rWhal3WankR

7,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:53 am
It doesn't bother me that I'm Atheist. My friends accept me and even though about 98% of all the people around me are a type of Christian they don't try to force it on me. My grandmother does force it on me though and I've told her many times to shut the ******** up and leave me alone. My mom is Paigan and my dad is Buddhist so they don't have a problem with it either. I tell people that I'm Atheist, and when they say stuff about how Jesus will save them all and the non-believers will all go to hell, I just tell them to shut up about it. Most the time it works but when it doesn't and they condim me to hell I don't care, because I've been condimed many times, and I just tell them they'll go to hell because their god is the only one that has the power to judge "his" people.

A little side note here: 12.5% of all Americans have no religion so even though there are no other Atheists around me, I know I am still in a catogory of (non)religion that is big. IF we all go to hell for being Atheist like Christians say, even though I don't believe it, I'll have a lot of friends down there with me and we'll rule hell togeather biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:15 am
Lord_of_Zetsubou
It doesn't bother me that I'm Atheist. My friends accept me and even though about 98% of all the people around me are a type of Christian they don't try to force it on me. My grandmother does force it on me though and I've told her many times to shut the ******** up and leave me alone. My mom is Paigan and my dad is Buddhist so they don't have a problem with it either. I tell people that I'm Atheist, and when they say stuff about how Jesus will save them all and the non-believers will all go to hell, I just tell them to shut up about it. Most the time it works but when it doesn't and they condim me to hell I don't care, because I've been condimed many times, and I just tell them they'll go to hell because their god is the only one that has the power to judge "his" people.

A little side note here: 12.5% of all Americans have no religion so even though there are no other Atheists around me, I know I am still in a catogory of (non)religion that is big. IF we all go to hell for being Atheist like Christians say, even though I don't believe it, I'll have a lot of friends down there with me and we'll rule hell togeather biggrin

haha nice ^ _ ^

as for me, I feel intelligent. For a time being, I blindly accepted Jesus and got baptized like a year ago. But that was because I was obeying my parents. And I started thinking (cuz i have a brain) and realized it was all bulls***. So I'm proud =]  

LimeIzMyFaveColor

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

Falhalterra

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:11 am
I kinda felt like an atheist my whole life, even before I fell out of my Christian days. I never went to Church often, I read Witchcraft books, and something about the Pope at the time scared me.

Then I got out of all the silly s**t I was into and just admitted I'm an atheist. Simple and to the point.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:02 am
i feel damn good! lol  

Kngz

Kidrahs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:48 am
When I was younger, I half-assed believed in god. The few times I prayed, weather in private or in church, I always felt like i was talking to a brick wall inside my head and felt crazy. When I finaly stoped beliving in god, I learned to try to find my own answers, solve my own problems, and it made me feel stronger not begging for help to a overhyped imaginary friend. Whenever times get tough, I feel a certain pride that I don't need to try to find hope like christians do, because i can just tell myself, "deal with it", and get better results than I ever did in prayer.

... Damn, that was a longer rant than usual for me. Cookie for me! rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:36 am
Sometimes I feel angry....and I don't even associate with the word anymore.

I'm tired of seeing newbie atheists defecate on the entire meaning, making it difficult for the rest of us.

If you are atheist you lack a positive belief in gods. That's it. I wish people would leave it at that.

Sanguvixen

Kidrahs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:23 am
Sanguvixen
Sometimes I feel angry....and I don't even associate with the word anymore.

I'm tired of seeing newbie atheists defecate on the entire meaning, making it difficult for the rest of us.

If you are atheist you lack a positive belief in gods. That's it. I wish people would leave it at that.

Why you take cookie? crying  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces