Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Atalantë - A new beginning
The Love Stories We Never Saw Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which romance do you wish there would have been more detail about?
Galadriel/Celeborn
23%
 23%  [ 9 ]
Elrond/Celebrian
17%
 17%  [ 7 ]
Earendil/Elwing
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Denethor/Finduilas (I think is how you spell it -.-)
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Other (there's a lot of those so specify)
28%
 28%  [ 11 ]
I was happy with what was there
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
I don't really care
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 39

Falathrim

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:44 am
It doesn't go quite as in-depth as I may have made it out to be. In fact, Tolkien pays more attention the the Statute of Finwe and Miriel then the actual relationships...

...still, it's more detail than what's in the published Silmarillion. It tells us what happened to Finwe and Miriel in the end, as well as how the Finwe/Indis thing turned out.

EDIT: I don't think I ever answered. I want either more Turin/Finduilas or more Beren/Luthien. Yes, more Beren/Luthien. It saddens me that Tolkien didn't finish the Lay of Leithien. sad  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:02 pm
I too wish he had finished the Lay of Leithian. It's so beautifully written...I wish it was completed.  

Zurgi

Elvidnir

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:17 pm
I always wished for more Celeborn/Galadriel. Celeborn gets a bad rap sometimes, but I bet he was a very romantic husband. wink Also more Beren/Luthien. There story is my favorite. I have to agree with Falathrim and Zurgi, the Lay should have been finished!  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:34 am
I would have liked more Celebrian/Elrond...But there are so many couples, so many nice stories that could have been written in Tolkien works...I dont know really. Perhaps when he didn't wrote it's because it was not really interesting...  

Bluering Bearer

Nolah de Fanel

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:21 am
Lithwen
Great topic!

As much as Zach has now made me crave info on Finwe and Miriel & Indis, I'd say I'm most curious about Celebrian and Elrond. Actually, I'm pretty much curious about Celebrian.

We know that she was Elrond's wife (and mother to the twins and Arwen), and that she received a poisoned wound while journeying to Lothlorien, but that's about it.

There's so much more I'd like to know, especcially surrounding her relationship with her husband and children, and what exactly she went through with the orcs.

Tolkien
Elladan and Elrohir, were out upon errantry: for they rode often far afield with the Rangers of the North, forgetting never their mother's torment in the dens of the orcs.

If it weren't for this, the appendices would lead me to beleive that Celebrian was simply attacked, wounded, and escaped. Clearly, however, there was more to it than that- something bad enough that her sons could never let it go.

I'm also curious to know how Celebrian and Elrond met. Maybe this is explained somewhere and I simply forgot it? sweatdrop

Oh Lithwen. Everytime I go to say something, you've already said it... sweatdrop I was just going to explain my want of Celebrian knowledge and the story that she and Elrond shared...but you've summed it up...and of course because Elladan and Elrohir are my favorite characters it would be nice to know more about their mother as well-though that is not the main driving force that makes me want to know about Celebrian  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:36 pm
I would love to know more about Finwe and Miriel... they must have had a very beautiful love story and very passioned.. i just guess; but would be amazing to hear about romance in general in valinor before morgoth arrived to valinor and spread the shadow and the curse of the noldor and all that.  

cattirun

8,100 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

sorceress of darkness

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:20 pm
I wish there would have been more detail in the love story of Faramir and Eowyn instead fo one measly scene,and then them standing together at Aragorn's coronation.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:14 am
sorceress of darkness
I wish there would have been more detail in the love story of Faramir and Eowyn instead fo one measly scene,and then them standing together at Aragorn's coronation.

we're talking in context of the books SoD. Not the movie. The books has more than 'one measly scene' concerning the romance of Faramir and Eowyn

try checking out this link

http://emyn-arnen.net/

This page in particular

http://emyn-arnen.net/book.php?love  

Nolah de Fanel

The Pre-Raphaelite

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:50 am
I chose Denethor/Finduilas.
I always wanted to know how Denethor has become the person he is in the third volume of the LotR and I think his relationship wife (and esp. her death) would give at least some explanations. For me the Steward of Gondor and his family are some of the most interesting characters in the Lord of the Rings.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:30 pm
My top choices are Denethor/Finduilas, Elrond/Celebrian and Hurin/Morwen

ive just always wanted to read more about Hurin's relationship with his wife...  

upwoueruwrwhjl

SYFFER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:30 pm
Dark Elven Princess
My top choices are Denethor/Finduilas, Elrond/Celebrian and Hurin/Morwen

ive just always wanted to read more about Hurin's relationship with his wife...
I did too. There was barely anything on any of the three relationships. I think that Tolkien should have explored them a bit more.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:48 pm
Wow, this one hasn't been answered in a while. I will add my piece.

I would ask for more on Master Elrond and Celebrian. There is a depth to Lord Elrond that is really unfathomed, and is part of explaining why he is so reluctant to let go of Arwen. We never really get to meet Celebrian, and for one of the leading families in a lot of the Middle Earth history, that's a shame.  

Amaris Morven

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:38 pm
I agree, I find it suspicious that the daughter of Lord and Lady of Lorien would consent to marriage with the Lord of Rivendel. Seems like it was an political alliance of some sort. Although since elves "mate for life" and can die from a broken heart making arranged marriages seem unlikely. However if both elves did not have prior relationships and they could eventually fell in love such a marriage could have been possible.

Another thing, Lord Elrond and Lady Galadriel both had rings and could see into the future, perhaps they predicted this marriage.

Anyway, My choice would be King Thranduil and his wife. You don't even know his wife xp or anything more about their family. Everything about that kingdom seems to be shroud in darkness leaving us in a state of ignorance.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:14 pm
Haha yeah, we NEVER hear about Mirkwood, I wonder why? It's some place I'd like to know more about!  

churrlo

Amaris Morven

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:44 pm
Agreed.

You make good points, Rudhheniel - although I would doubt the arranged marriage thing. And why shouldn't Celebrian want to marry someone from Rivendell - Luthien wanted a mortal, for Iluvatar's sake. whee  
Atalantë - A new beginning

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff