Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Orphie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:58 pm
Meta_Fish
Wayne, you're wrong. WRONG'DZERZZ.

For worst accessory I'm going for anything and everything that is a "sport" attachment. Fake baseball bats, bowling balls, golf clubs, etc.
Ditto. This is what I was gonna nominate.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:08 pm
Orphie
Meta_Fish

For worst accessory I'm going for anything and everything that is a "sport" attachment. Fake baseball bats, bowling balls, golf clubs, etc.
It's so terrible because the Wii has a huge expanded audience and some of them think you need that stuff. -_-  

Meta_Fish
Captain

gutterball29

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:45 pm
Meta_Fish
Orphie
Meta_Fish

It's so terrible because the Wii has a huge expanded audience and some of them think you need that stuff. -_-

I thought this too.
Also, my brother bought a sports pack that covered the wiimote with white specks of paint whenever you screwed them on. confused  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:58 pm
The_Ky-Guy
Waynebrizzle
The_Ky-Guy
Waynebrizzle
The_Ky-Guy
Waynebrizzle
Actually the prototype zapper is inferior seeing as only one button is easily accessible. 3 isn't much more, but it's definitely an improvement.

Who said only one button would be easily accessible? Who said that you couldn't hold the thing with two hands, making more buttons easily accessible?

The Z trigger is the only button on the handle, and even thinking of holding the front end with your other hand is instantly awkward. There's also no wire management system in that picture and the wiimote's just hanging out, pretty much waiting to be flung across the room.

I don't care if it looks like the NES zapper. That design was bad and I'm glad they designed one to actually be comfortable instead of retro, even if it did still suck.

They could have improved on the design, you know. They could have used the rubber padding that's on the Wii Wheel to hold the remote in. They also could have added the more buttons to the handle. If they did that instead of using the current the design, the results could've been much better.

They did improve on it. That's what the current design is. I just don't think a shell for the wiimote that does nothing but make it "feel" like you're holding a gun is a good idea in the first place. Going naked feels so right with shooter games.

The Wii Wheel, on the other hand, was a great design. There's simply more to grip, all the buttons are accessible, and it feels authentically natural.

That wasn't an "improvement" at all. In fact, it's the antithesis of improvement.

First off, the handle is much better in the back than the front. I've played my share of light gun games and even shot reals guns myself, so I know that. Secondly, setting that thing up is tedious; you have to open a little hatch in the middle of the gun and wrap the nunchuck cord around it, then close it up. For the prototype, the only thing you needed to do, from what I'm guessing out of it, is simply slide it in.

1: Wherever the handle is is a matter of opinion. I'm not going to try to convince you that another way is better. I don't personally care either way. But let me please remind you, there will be no recoil on this controller, so balancing and whatnot isn't important (the older model looks too front heavy anyway if you're going to bring that up).

2: Holding a lightgun shaped like a pistol with one hand on the front so you can pull the B trigger = awkward. I don't care how you spin it. There is no gun on Earth that handles like that. A shotgun maybe? With two triggers? I don't think you rest your hand that close to the barrel anyway. And if you DON'T hold it like that it's just a glorified wiimote shell with one button(and again, too heavy in the front). Yay. The current model at least tried to be like a two handed gun.

3: If they went through with this model it would have been JUST as tedious to set up. The nunchak has to be connected to the wiimote regardless of what the shell looks like. Edit: Nevermind. Still, it consumes power for its one button and a joystick. I'm sure it would have been more expensive too.

They made it so more buttons could be accessed without being awkward AND not use power and be more cost-efficient. They were following basic traits of design. I'm sure some people might like the first one better, but it remains that this one is less expensive than the other would be, and that's a straight out fact.  

Waynebrizzle

wariodude128

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:01 pm
My best can only be the nunchuk since it's the only attachment I have. The worst might be those wireless nunchuks that I've seen in stores. Never tried them, but I don't think it's that good of an idea. I read that the developers were going to have the nunchuk wireless, but it was really hard to try and do. So they thought of connecting it to the Wii controller with a wire. For most amusing-looking accesory, it would be the maracas that attach onto two controllers to play with Samba de Amigo. That's about it for me. If you agree, please quote.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:28 pm
Best-- Wii Wheel, Retro controller
Worst-- Every Lightsaber/sport item add on  

SylFariun

Distinct Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:26 pm
Best = Wiil. This makes racing games that more awesome.

Worst = Classic Controller. It's too chunky and the wire coming out the bottom bugs the hell out of me. I would rather have spent $30 on a set of adaptors for oldskool controllers for a true Virtual Console experience.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:27 pm
I gotta say, I'm surprised nobody's brought up the Guitar Hero instruments (Rock Band instruments don't count because they cheated with the USB reciever). Those definitely are among the top of my list.

Not counting the nunchuck or instruments, I use the classic controller the most, but I hesitate to put it at the top of my list. I love the button layout, but the shape sucks. The thing is totally a shapeless oval that's not made to fit a person's hands. That was my favorite thing about the GameCube controller and my biggest disappointment with the classic controller. I do really like the classic controller, I just would've been happier with that button layout on something with a better shape to it.

I really prefer the Zapper for Umbrella Chronicles, and I like it as an add-on, so the small number of games that use it is pretty disappointing. I was disappointed at first that they abandoned the prototype, but I still wanted one, and once I got it i realized it was better. My only complaints with it are that there's not enough space between the trigger handle and the cord storage and that a layout that would provide better access to the face buttons of the remote would've been nice, but I can see how that would've been difficult just due to the shape of the remote.

So my best are the Guitar Hero instruments and classic controller, the Zapper falls into the higher end of the middle, and the worst are the sports add-ons and a lot of the third-party guns. Not all of them, though. I would love to try Umbrella Chronicles with that shotgun shaped one. But yeah, pretty much all third-party guns and nunchucks are crap.

By the way, anyone ever see the WiiHelm or Super Pii Pii Bros. on ThinkGeek?  

GuruGuru214

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:42 pm
Meta_Fish

I actually saw a set of attachments that looked like a sword blade for the Wiimote, and a Shield for the Nunchuk.

Though pointless they did look rather fun.

-Zephyrotica-
Worst = Classic Controller. It's too chunky and the wire coming out the bottom bugs the hell out of me. I would rather have spent $30 on a set of adaptors for oldskool controllers for a true Virtual Console experience.

That reminds me; just what the heck does the underside of the controller latch onto???

You know that button at the top that pushes them down to release? What is it supposed to go on???

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:33 am
I'm voting best for 4 Gamers' Wii Remote Charging Stand.  

Super Cheesio

sireude

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:56 am
I'm going to have to say nunchuck is best, unless you dont count it as an accessory, then its classic controller. for worst I knew it was wii sports attachment.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:13 pm
Those are pretty sucky conteders for the worst of the bunch. Kudos to fish, but I'll have to elect

"The Wii-mote skins"

Over all the idea was O.K. , but it's a pain in the a** when the skin doesn't have a open bottom so you can take out the batteries or battery pack. Instead you have to take the time to take them off and realize the bad smell has seeped onto your wii-mote. Then after you've done whatever, you have to try and slide the smelly b***h back on.

edit: They are practically "a dime a dozen" so it's like the shovel ware of accessories

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

smile into the chaos

Feisty Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:38 am
Everyone's complaining about the Wiimote condoms, or the lightsaber. You call those the worst? You can't be serious.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Those are the worst. At least with the lightsaber, playing No More Heroes is fun. Same with the sword/shield set you can use with Twilight Princess.
But who in their right ******** mind would use those stupid pom poms?

Anyway, going back to skins for a quick second... if you don't like the ones that fit all over the Wiimote, why not buy a vinyl sticker set you can just stick on the front? If you're lucky, you can get them in sets where there's one for the Wii, and 2 for each Wiimote/Nunchuk.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:03 am
Best - Classic Controller, or multi-charge station
Worst - those pointless Wii sports add-ons  

Dude-LAP

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:47 pm
GuruGuru214
Not counting the nunchuck or instruments, I use the classic controller the most, but I hesitate to put it at the top of my list. I love the button layout, but the shape sucks. The thing is totally a shapeless oval that's not made to fit a person's hands. That was my favorite thing about the GameCube controller and my biggest disappointment with the classic controller. I do really like the classic controller, I just would've been happier with that button layout on something with a better shape to it.

Huh. Complain to the internet and you shall receive, apparently.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff