Submit

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:04 pm
nintendo sux  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:55 pm
-Zephyrotica-
I_love_Inuyasha1
I Allegree

'Cept on the 'DS is kiddy' thing. ******** those guys, the Touch Screen is the s**t.
I couldn't live without my DS. I've gone through 4 already..
DS 1 - I er....got dirt under the screen and tried to dig it out. Not a wise move.
DS 2 - I was playing Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow , left the DS on the couch and it was saton.
DS Lite 1 - The top screen had a red tint. Got really annoying.
Ds Lite 2 - The Hinge broke. Although it's still usable.

Captain Arch

Dapper Dabbler

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:07 pm
Bodewyn
I'm so glad the Nintendo Cult exists where people actually have a brain instead of someone else's scrotum inside their head.

I just watched the Halo Wars trailer to get my 'Master Chief Helmet' (which is wrongly named, but never mind that) and I decided to check out the attached forum.

These people are complete boobs! What is wrong with the world today? Non-sequiturs everywhere and comments like "Why isn't Halo on DS?" and "Nintendo owns Sonic! I miss the N64!", not to mention things like "DS is kiddy get a PSP!" and the like.

I am appalled at the kind of idiots that roam our streets, claiming to be 'gamers', how they corrupt others simply because they claim to know more. Even when simple questions are posed people can't resist attacking each other. Whole threads that start with a simple question like "Do you think Halo 4 will exist?", even though the question is moronic since the Halo trilogy was said to be over by the developer Bungie themselves. But instead of simply stating so comments like "Who cares, Halo sux" and "Lolz buy a PS3 instead" dominate the thread. This is not constructive or useful at all.

Where do these people get off?

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:21 pm
Meta_Fish
The Cult is the only safe place. DO NOT LEAVE
... *starts unpacking bags*  

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:30 pm
I'm just going to go off rambling a little bit about opinions and s**t.

Allegro does have a point. People are entitled to their own opinion. Not everyone is going to like what you like. People are different and tend to have different tastes. Sure, you may have similar opinions on many things, but there is always SOMETHING that two similar people are not going to agree with each other on.

However, they could at least not sound so moronic about their harsh opinions. It also doesn't give them the right to dehumanize people who like what they don't like. For example: I like Bullet for My Valentine, but, at least as far as I know, Regulust doesn't. Am I going to think he's an idiot for not liking something I like? NO! It's his opinion. Betman likes Fall Out Boy. Personally, I don't. Am I going to think he's an idiot for liking something I don't? NO!

Couldn't hurt them to give their reasoning for harsh opinion either. It's always nice to give constructive criticism.

For example, I said earlier that I don't like Fall Out Boy. That's because, out of all of their songs that I've listened to (trust me, I had a lot of them loaned to me from a friend) the only one that interested me is "This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race." I'm just not really all that interested in them. Their musicianship is okay, I'll admit that, but it doesn't really catch my attention that much.

I don't expect a novel or anything like that, but I like it when people take the time to write a sentence or two explaining why they like or not like something.

Random Guy: omg, I tink teh wii sux!!!
Lord of Armageddon: Um....okay...why exactly do you think it sucks?

And is it too much to ask them to brush up on their spelling?

Honestly, if you say "Disturbed sucks" or "Nintendo sucks" or "Harry Potter sucks," okay...fine, I can let that go; that's your opinion. Not explaining why you think a certain thing sucks I tend to frown upon, but I can let that go too. HOWEVER, if you use extremely poor spelling when stating your harsh opinion about something, I'm just going to assume that you are just a troll or something along that line.

Overall, I don't really have a problem if you love or hate something, but be intelligent about it, for the love of God.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:18 pm
Waynebrizzle
nintendo sux

L0l ya I no, Eksbawkz is wai bettr cuz u tey hav moore gamez were u shot stuff!!!!!!!!1111111111  

-Hel the Reaper-

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:32 pm
Lord of Armageddon
I'm just going to go off rambling a little bit about opinions and s**t.

Allegro does have a point. People are entitled to their own opinion. Not everyone is going to like what you like. People are different and tend to have different tastes. Sure, you may have similar opinions on many things, but there is always SOMETHING that two similar people are not going to agree with each other on.

However, they could at least not sound so moronic about their harsh opinions. It also doesn't give them the right to dehumanize people who like what they don't like. For example: I like Bullet for My Valentine, but, at least as far as I know, Regulust doesn't. Am I going to think he's an idiot for not liking something I like? NO! It's his opinion. Betman likes Fall Out Boy. Personally, I don't. Am I going to think he's an idiot for liking something I don't? NO!

Couldn't hurt them to give their reasoning for harsh opinion either. It's always nice to give constructive criticism.

For example, I said earlier that I don't like Fall Out Boy. That's because, out of all of their songs that I've listened to (trust me, I had a lot of them loaned to me from a friend) the only one that interested me is "This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race." I'm just not really all that interested in them. Their musicianship is okay, I'll admit that, but it doesn't really catch my attention that much.

I don't expect a novel or anything like that, but I like it when people take the time to write a sentence or two explaining why they like or not like something.

Random Guy: omg, I tink teh wii sux!!!
Lord of Armageddon: Um....okay...why exactly do you think it sucks?

And is it too much to ask them to brush up on their spelling?

Honestly, if you say "Disturbed sucks" or "Nintendo sucks" or "Harry Potter sucks," okay...fine, I can let that go; that's your opinion. Not explaining why you think a certain thing sucks I tend to frown upon, but I can let that go too. HOWEVER, if you use extremely poor spelling when stating your harsh opinion about something, I'm just going to assume that you are just a troll or something along that line.

Overall, I don't really have a problem if you love or hate something, but be intelligent about it, for the love of God.

You like Harry potter? Also yes I hate Bullet for my Valentine I can't stand the singers voice.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:24 am
I can't stand people like that. though Lord of Armageddon already said most of what i had to say, I think I i'm gonna tell ya about something i saw in the comments on youtube.
it was a video about sonic unleashed gameplay for the wii, the guy was using a GCN controler. he stated in the title it was for the wii.
Then some idiot commented "This is for gamecube!!! You ******** idiot!! Get it right!!"

Seriusly I bugs me to no end to see people making rude comments like that when they don't even know what they are talking about. I know this is slighly off the "opinion" topic, but I think it's still related.  

Mukuchina Kurasu

Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:01 am
Captain Arch
-Zephyrotica-
I_love_Inuyasha1
I Allegree

'Cept on the 'DS is kiddy' thing. ******** those guys, the Touch Screen is the s**t.
I couldn't live without my DS. I've gone through 4 already..
DS 1 - I er....got dirt under the screen and tried to dig it out. Not a wise move.
DS 2 - I was playing Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow , left the DS on the couch and it was saton.
DS Lite 1 - The top screen had a red tint. Got really annoying.
Ds Lite 2 - The Hinge broke. Although it's still usable.

...I'm keeping my DSes away from you. mad  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:43 pm
Meta_Fish
The Cult is the only safe place. DO NOT LEAVE

Amen to that.  

wariodude128

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:48 pm
Regulust
Bodewyn
I'm so glad the Nintendo Cult exists where people actually have a brain instead of someone else's scrotum inside their head.

I just watched the Halo Wars trailer to get my 'Master Chief Helmet' (which is wrongly named, but never mind that) and I decided to check out the attached forum.

These people are complete boobs! What is wrong with the world today? Non-sequiturs everywhere and comments like "Why isn't Halo on DS?" and "Nintendo owns Sonic! I miss the N64!", not to mention things like "DS is kiddy get a PSP!" and the like.

I am appalled at the kind of idiots that roam our streets, claiming to be 'gamers', how they corrupt others simply because they claim to know more. Even when simple questions are posed people can't resist attacking each other. Whole threads that start with a simple question like "Do you think Halo 4 will exist?", even though the question is moronic since the Halo trilogy was said to be over by the developer Bungie themselves. But instead of simply stating so comments like "Who cares, Halo sux" and "Lolz buy a PS3 instead" dominate the thread. This is not constructive or useful at all.

Where do these people get off?

User Image
/thread  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:20 pm
Bongardo
I can't stand people like that. though Lord of Armageddon already said most of what i had to say, I think I i'm gonna tell ya about something i saw in the comments on youtube.
it was a video about sonic unleashed gameplay for the wii, the guy was using a GCN controler. he stated in the title it was for the wii.
Then some idiot commented "This is for gamecube!!! You ******** idiot!! Get it right!!"

Seriusly I bugs me to no end to see people making rude comments like that when they don't even know what they are talking about. I know this is slighly off the "opinion" topic, but I think it's still related.
Actually, this is exactly what I was talking about. It's not the fact they have a different opinion.

No matter how stupid an opinion can be, if you can express it properly it can even make sense and convince others. This is what politics and religion is built on.

But this post is out of line, the thread clearly ended with Reggie's "Wha'cha gon' do 'bout it" picture. Thank you, Reggie  

Bodewyn

nerdyninja

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:36 pm
>_>
<_<
I love the cult as much as the next guy and I agree that most of gaia's community is s**t but we should be careful what we say. We are the inventor of around about a million meme's including p***s. And that makes us roughly equal to 4chan and Gaia is just barely better than 4chan. >_>

Ya ******** those guys! talk2hand  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:50 am
TtheHero
It does kinda grate on one's mind to know that they may not know even the basic knowledge in gaming.

I still hear of people claiming ON THEIR LIFE that Samus is a dude and came from Halo, Link's name is Zelda, Mario and Wario are brothers, Peach and Daisy are sisters, and other stuff.

While it would feel rewarding to help them understand that those are simply NOT the truth, sometimes getting them to understand is like hacking into the CIA with a wooden spoon.

That's why I do my research, even on some games I won't be likely to play anytime soon, so I don't get left behind.

I've herad some really bad one's for instance:
Zelda is samus' mother!
Mario is Luigi's uncle!
The master chief is actually snake from the future!
and my least favorite...
JIGGLYPUFF AND KIRBY ARE MARRIED!

How do people even convince themselves that this stuff is true?  

Rhed King

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:15 am
Rhed King
TtheHero
It does kinda grate on one's mind to know that they may not know even the basic knowledge in gaming.

I still hear of people claiming ON THEIR LIFE that Samus is a dude and came from Halo, Link's name is Zelda, Mario and Wario are brothers, Peach and Daisy are sisters, and other stuff.

While it would feel rewarding to help them understand that those are simply NOT the truth, sometimes getting them to understand is like hacking into the CIA with a wooden spoon.

That's why I do my research, even on some games I won't be likely to play anytime soon, so I don't get left behind.

I've herad some really bad one's for instance:
Zelda is samus' mother!
Mario is Luigi's uncle!
The master chief is actually snake from the future!
and my least favorite...
JIGGLYPUFF AND KIRBY ARE MARRIED!

How do people even convince themselves that this stuff is true?
Mario is Luigi's uncle is the worst! It's not Super Mario Uncle and Nephew!  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff