Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
U.S. Court bitchslaps ban on "Violent Video Games." Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:14 pm
Whatever respect I had for Arnold is now gone and will probably never return again.

If you don't want kids playing violent video games, then tell the parents that maybe they shouldn't buy them for their little 5-year old brats in the first place. And learn how to set up parental controls. Seriously, it's not that hard.

Instead of wasting taxpayer's money lobbying to restrict or ban violent video games, that money and time should really be going into...oh, I don't know...maybe better improvements for social services or education?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:45 pm
I'm very surprised Arnold is the one who allowed the law. Just look at half of the movies he's done and you'll get a REAL reason to violence. XD  

Rargon

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:33 pm
Cool, now I don't have to buy games for my brother

s**t did I just admit to breaking the law

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:43 pm
Now if only it was legal to curse in public here.
surprised  

The WTF Ninja

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:47 pm
The WTF Ninja
surprised
Wh-what?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:09 pm
It's times like this that I'm glad I live in Canada. Seriously, if parents just asked their kids what it is that they bought ot rented, they wouldn't have this problem.

Actually, I just remembered this book that I read a few years ago called, "Parent's Guide to Nintendo 64 and Playstation games". It came out about 10 years ago though, but it was about all the popular games for the stations, and what they were about. It even had a section that explained all about the systems and what kind of parts you could get for them and what systems were coming out.

I really wish that something like that would come out again. Then maybe everybody will shut the hell up, because there's a FREAKIN' REFERENCE RIGHT FREAKIN' THERE!!!!!!!! Geez . . . .  

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:23 pm
its like when i watched a bunch of middle schoolers go to the new friday the 13th movie.

SEX MURDER DECAPITATIONS DRUGS BOOBIES DEAD PEOPLE EVERYWHERE!

yeah it was a good movie remake. long intro though.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:50 pm
Meta_Fish
The WTF Ninja
surprised
Wh-what?

Irony of having video game age-bans being unconstitutional, but having a standing law to make public profanity illegal in my city, Virginia Beach, Virginia.  

The WTF Ninja

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:51 pm
The WTF Ninja
Meta_Fish
The WTF Ninja
surprised
Wh-what?

Irony of having video game age-bans being unconstitutional, but having a standing law to make public profanity illegal in my city, Virginia Beach, Virginia.
How can they do that?!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:54 pm
Meta_Fish
The WTF Ninja
Meta_Fish
The WTF Ninja
surprised
Wh-what?

How can they do that?!

IT MAKES TOEWN MOAR APEELING 2 DA FAMELIES LOL.  

The WTF Ninja

-Hel the Reaper-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:08 pm
Rhed King
This reminds me of the seat belt law. It is mandatory in some states to wear a seat belt. This is preposterous, why should anyone need to wear their seat belt, it supposed to be a choice. the same thing goes with video games. this indirect harm crap is just going back to second degree, third degree, and so on. what's next, they ban video games, then blame video game corporations? maybe they can ban imagination next? or how about dreaming?

actually I guess China already did that.

oh no the thought police are coming! Oh wait, no they're not... or are they?
no I'm just kidding, we're fine.

or am I?

<.<

>.>

-.- 0.0 oh god they got him!

Actually, I don't think your comparison of banning videogames to mandatory seatbelt laws is a very good one.

We KNOW for a fact that if you don't wear your seatbelt and you're in a car accident you WILL get ******** up in your car, or worse you'll be ejected and have your brains splattered across the highway.

Videogames however (like it states in the article) have never been proven to make people snap or become more violent.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:17 pm
The WTF Ninja
Meta_Fish
The WTF Ninja
Meta_Fish
The WTF Ninja
surprised
Wh-what?

How can they do that?!

IT MAKES TOEWN MOAR APEELING 2 DA FAMELIES LOL.
someone needs to start a rally, it'll go right to the police station, the rally will be so huge, that the whole town will hear them roar, "c**k!!!!" and they will be numerous enough they all get away with it.  

Xilo The Odd

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:39 pm
-Hel the Reaper-
Rhed King
This reminds me of the seat belt law. It is mandatory in some states to wear a seat belt. This is preposterous, why should anyone need to wear their seat belt, it supposed to be a choice. the same thing goes with video games. this indirect harm crap is just going back to second degree, third degree, and so on. what's next, they ban video games, then blame video game corporations? maybe they can ban imagination next? or how about dreaming?

actually I guess China already did that.

oh no the thought police are coming! Oh wait, no they're not... or are they?
no I'm just kidding, we're fine.

or am I?

<.<

>.>

-.- 0.0 oh god they got him!

Actually, I don't think your comparison of banning videogames to mandatory seatbelt laws is a very good one.

We KNOW for a fact that if you don't wear your seatbelt and you're in a car accident you WILL get ******** up in your car, or worse you'll be ejected and have your brains splattered across the highway.

Videogames however (like it states in the article) have never been proven to make people snap or become more violent.

Fun fact: there are people who have survived car crashes because they were wearing a seatbelt. There are also people who've survived car crashes because they weren't wearing a seatbelt. It's safer overall to wear a seatbelt, but please make that argument in a way that doesn't involve absolutes next time.
/tangent  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:26 pm
"the law would have required violent video games to be labeled"
"rating system that labels videos containing blood, gore, crudeness and sexual violence"

Am I missing something? Last time I checked they already do that.  

Akuyoko

Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:40 am
You guys are being unfair.

This law would have helped his political career, giving a s**t about children is always neat. He doesnt care about gaming, but this is far from 'censorship'. It's just a political plea for attention, if you will. You guys are making a bigger deal about it than it really is. Most of you are adults, so why do you care?

OHBTW Betty, that's not illegal. I do that too. The chillins here would have to learn to do that too.

(by the way, seatbelts must be worn in Texas)  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff