Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Most over-used game plot/ gaming cliches Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wariodude128

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:48 pm
User Image
Have you ever noticed that in nearly every action game now, in one part of the level, you get a kick a** weapon/item which you need to get across an obstacle or defeat an enemy/boss? This title did it right and every other action game, aside from games with Zelda in the name, have been sad copies of this tried and true formula. Hmmm, maybe that's why it's copied so much.
Not a game cliche, but a cliche nonetheless:

User Image
If you agree, please quote.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:33 pm
Aliens, zombies, World War II and modern combat.  

Waynebrizzle

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:08 pm
World War II games, mainly FPS's.

Which is one of the reasons why I think CoD 4 is the best in the Call of Duty series, because it DOESN'T use this now tired and overused setting/plot that needs to take a long deserved rest.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:11 pm
Wantcookie

*cough*  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:57 am
Following what Redman said about company using the same basic plot for its games, it would have to be Sega.

Eggman/Evil Person is trying to take over the world quick find the 7 chaos emeralds and Sonic will defeat him/her?/it. Real original. stare  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:28 am
RedMan351
Have you ever thought, "wow game developers sure use this theme a lot?" or "*sigh* i've played a game just like this before, i need some originality!"

Well than tell me about all the cliches you've ever seen used in games too much, and get out some of that pent up cliche rage.

For example, (even though it is a good one) saving a princess from a turtle/dinosaur.

HEY.

I DON'T DO THAT.
...anymore.
...often.  

The Awkwardest Turtle

CaptainBaconMan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:12 pm
a p***s in yoor butt  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:22 pm
CaptainBaconMan
a p***s in yoor butt

wtf? ive nvr played a game like that before. what kind of games are u playing? lol. nvm, i dont want to know. confused what u do in ur own time is your business. lol  

RedMan351

teh_n00b_huntr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:26 pm
Regulust
-Zephyrotica-
Regulust

Uhh... You do realize he said RPG.
He said Japanese RPG, which I would assume means ones that didn't make it over here as well. You're still wrong, I just haven't played the right games to show you that. confused

Fire Emblem, Soul Calibur and that Heavenly sword game aren't RPGs though.
FE is a Strategy RPG from Japan and Heavenly Sword is also an RPG however it was published in Europe, but you are correct in that Soul Caliber belongs to the fighting genre.

If you two are going to quibble about little facts at least get them right rolleyes  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:36 pm
Do you know what I don't see enough of in a game?

Musical numbers.  

5ir Psycho 5exy

teh_n00b_huntr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:40 pm
-Zephyrotica-

Musical numbers.
I remember one of the earlier FF games had a musical number, I cant think of any other games sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:45 pm
teh_n00b_huntr
-Zephyrotica-

Musical numbers.
I remember one of the earlier FF games had a musical number, I cant think of any other games sweatdrop
Oh, where the girl dances and you get turned into pigs? xd I think that was FF2/4.  

5ir Psycho 5exy

Mephisto D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:37 pm
Dear Cult,

Avenger plots. Someone or something kills someone or everyone and it's up to one guy or one group to avenge said victims and take down said villain.

I would also say playing the hero is a bit of a cliche. It'd be great if you had a game that primarily focuses on the villain and has you control the villain.

Lacking any and all originality,
Mephisto D  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:48 pm
-Zephyrotica-

Musical numbers.

Atlus beat you to it.

Also, Huntr is probably referencing the opera scene from FF6, and shame on you for not remembering it. Give me your FF fangirl badge NOW.  

Allegro

Boadicia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:01 pm
Scantily clad skanky looking warrior women. I'm talking to you, Ivy Valentine and Nariko.

Did they honestly expect us to suspend our disbelief in Nariko, while she was running through snow dressed like that? Come on. Put some pants on that girl.

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff