Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Sonic and the Black Knight Discussion Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IGN gave it 3.9...
Screw IGN, their reviews are usually un-trustworthy.
53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
Oh dear, Sonic and the Black Knight must suck then. :/
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Hmm... I'll still get it anyway...
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Oh well, this game is gonna be great!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I'd be crazy to get this peice of crap! >:[
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

gwee9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:36 pm
HOW COULD THEY PUT 3.9!!??!! What could be better than adding swords to Sonic!? Putting 2 good things together can only make a better thing.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:50 pm
Waynebrizzle
Meta_Fish
KyuubiNaruto4
Its amazing it gets:

8.5 Presentation
8.5 Graphics
7.5 Sound
3.0 Gameplay
3.0 Lasting Appeal

Yet it gets a 3.9 for overall? Haven't even played the game, and most likely won't, but doesn't that score just sound biased to you? Just so you know IGN doesn't do an average.
The graphics, sound and overall presentation don't make a game a good game. The gameplay and lasting appeal would have to be the most important things on my list.

yeah besides averaging numbers is too complicated for IGN staff anyway

It's not being lazy. They've stated many times that that number is not an average. The guys who work there have also said on podcasts and s**t that they hate having to put a number on games, but they pick that number based on how good they think the game is altogether.

I don't get how everyone is so shocked that it got a bad score. The game looks like s**t.  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:54 pm
Teh AK
Waynebrizzle
Meta_Fish
KyuubiNaruto4
Its amazing it gets:

8.5 Presentation
8.5 Graphics
7.5 Sound
3.0 Gameplay
3.0 Lasting Appeal

Yet it gets a 3.9 for overall? Haven't even played the game, and most likely won't, but doesn't that score just sound biased to you? Just so you know IGN doesn't do an average.
The graphics, sound and overall presentation don't make a game a good game. The gameplay and lasting appeal would have to be the most important things on my list.

It's not being lazy. They've stated many times that that number is not an average. The guys who work there have also said on podcasts and s**t that they hate having to put a number on games, but they pick that number based on how good they think the game is altogether.

I don't get how everyone is so shocked that it got a bad score. The game looks like s**t.

So.. is there a point to having the criteria then, if it's not going to even mirror the final score?

I don't like the looks of the game either, but I've seen them give better scores to worse s**t.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:56 pm
For people who want to know how individual things are, like the graphics, or the game-play.  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:11 pm
To add to the argument currently going-on, I like what Gamespot does, with their whole "tilt" section of reviews.

KyuubiNaruto4
Have you played Bleach Shattered Blade? They gave a 6.0 for both Gameplay and Lasting Appeal yet after playing it for three hours, not straight wrist started to hurt after an hour, I didn't want to play it again. Bottom line IGN reviews just plain suck.
Or maybe everyone has their own opinions which they are entitled to?

Waynebrizzle
"graphics are old school and we wouldn't have them any other way

graphics 3.0/10"  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:14 pm
Yet... From ALL THE WAY TO Pennsylvania from CA this game is sold ********.  

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:17 pm
Meta_Fish
To add to the argument currently going-on, I like what Gamespot does, with their whole "tilt" section of reviews.

KyuubiNaruto4
Have you played Bleach Shattered Blade? They gave a 6.0 for both Gameplay and Lasting Appeal yet after playing it for three hours, not straight wrist started to hurt after an hour, I didn't want to play it again. Bottom line IGN reviews just plain suck.
Or maybe everyone has their own opinions which they are entitled to?

Waynebrizzle
"graphics are old school and we wouldn't have them any other way

graphics 3.0/10"

derp  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:16 am
After watching IGN's video review of Sonic Unleashed on 360, i pretty much shunned IGN forever. Sure, the Werehog does get a bit tedious, but i found myself loving the game overall. I'm probably going to get Sonic and the Black Knight, and IGN can go screw themselves with a Fire Flower! scream  

drumminglink

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:50 am
I'd say this game gets a seven at least talk2hand
Played it. I'm at the end boss (pre-super form)

You know what? It's fun. I'm not sure how much lasting power it will have, but here's what I like: It's fast.
Sure, you take the time to get rid of every enemy, but know what else you can do? Jump + quick waggle. You take out the enemies right there, then keep on running, with little to no slow down. Swordplay is actually more fun than I thought it was going to be (and I was expecting fairly fun).
Granted, there is pretty much no platforming, which makes me kind of sad. But there is more than just run run run fight stab run run. <******** you IGN. ******** you.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:59 am
Looks nice...

I have a question: What is the best 3d Sonic Game you played?
I wanna know 3nodding  

The Rawk Hawk

Fashionable Nerd

6,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:07 am
The Rawk Hawk
Looks nice...

I wanna know 3nodding
Half of Sonic Unleashed. If that doesn't count: Sonic Adventure 2.

@Dragn: YES! blaugh I was starting to think that maybe this might turn out to be one of the 'hog's worst games.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:19 am
Super Cheesio
The Rawk Hawk
Looks nice...

I wanna know 3nodding

@Dragn: YES! blaugh I was starting to think that maybe this might turn out to be one of the 'hog's worst games.
They brought back speeeeed!!! xd
Still don't like the complete lack of platforming though... that's why I only give it a 7.
Still. It's fun. And (apparently) Shadow, Knuckles, and Blaze are playable in adventure mode. I haven't unlocked them yet though...  

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:53 am
dragn99
Super Cheesio
The Rawk Hawk
Looks nice...

I wanna know 3nodding

Still don't like the complete lack of platforming though... that's why I only give it a 7.
Still. It's fun. And (apparently) Shadow, Knuckles, and Blaze are playable in adventure mode. I haven't unlocked them yet though...
So, once you beat King Arthur a second time what happens after that?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:43 pm
Played it, and came up with this conclusion.... This game would have been great if it was stand alone.... not sonic.  

Rusti Fire

Aged Humorist

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:52 pm
Super Cheesio
dragn99
Super Cheesio
The Rawk Hawk
Looks nice...

I wanna know 3nodding

So, once you beat King Arthur a second time what happens after that?
Well, there's the final boss (not telling), and you go "Super" (you've all seen the picture. It's actually pretty epic in gameplay), and... I haven't beaten that boss yet..
But yes, Shadow, Knuckles, and Blaze are all playable in adventure now. But not in all the stages. So, they're limited, but I can play as them. Knuckles can glide!  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff