Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
Finally, we have real towels on gaia! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lupe_Oceana

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:34 am
scream I spent my last $5 on lunch and now it is too late to donate... crying
MUST QUEST! Or something. Ah, forget it.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:30 am
You'd think they'd make some Hitchhiker items by now, but no... Is there a petition for it?
I'd love a Babble Fish that sticks out of your ear or swims around your head. That would be the best!  

Kibeth--Walker

sparklingbutterfly

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:43 pm
There is a petion for H2G2 towels.......somewhere..... erm i saw it awhile ago
A babble fish would be cool tho!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:48 pm
Kibeth--Walker
You'd think they'd make some Hitchhiker items by now, but no... Is there a petition for it?
I'd love a Babble Fish that sticks out of your ear or swims around your head. That would be the best!

PISS OFF! you just reminded me that I forgot my babel fish portion of my halloween costume!! GAAAHHH!!!!
/seppuku  

mcm

spookykoopas

4,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:28 am
xD It IS A TOWEL!

I love towels. <3
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has a few things to say on the subject of towels.
A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have. Partly it has great practical valure. You can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapors; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a miniraft down the slow heavy River Moth; wet it for use in hand-to-hand combat: wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (a mind-bogglingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you- daft as a brush, but very very ravenous); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough."

look at the bolded part. Someone suggested a towel for the battle system, correct? Lookie here. A real battle-towel reference straight from the book itself!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:52 am
Bah. I blanket is not a towel. A towel is not a blanket either. Bah, not hoopy. Froods.  

Morogo

mcm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:24 pm
Morogo
Bah. I blanket is not a towel. A towel is not a blanket either. Bah, not hoopy. Froods.

A towel can be used as a blanket, or at least for the same uses as a blanket. Alike and equal are not the same.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:13 pm
mcm
Morogo

A towel can be used as a blanket, or at least for the same uses as a blanket. Alike and equal are not the same.

Yes, alike and equal are not the same. (Reminds me of quote in book 'A Wrinkle in Time')

I use my towel for a blanket. But it's a towel. Albeit, a well loved and well worn one.  

Ceribri

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100

Lidaby

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:32 am
Ceribri
mcm
Morogo

Yes, alike and equal are not the same. (Reminds me of quote in book 'A Wrinkle in Time')

I use my towel for a blanket. But it's a towel. Albeit, a well loved and well worn one.

Blanket, towel, blanket, towel... ITS JUST NOT THE SAME gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:02 am
Freaj
Ceribri
mcm
Morogo

It's a TOWEL. Not a blanket.
Towels can be USED as blankets.  

Ceribri

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100

Lidaby

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:06 pm
Ceribri
Freaj
Ceribri
mcm
Morogo

It's a TOWEL. Not a blanket.
Towels can be USED as blankets.

And you could probably use a blanket as a towel, too. Point is, they don't have actual towels on gaia. cry  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:53 am
Hahah, notice how after all of that, I'm questing for the Wind Security Blanket anyway...

Mind you, it's taking a fair while... sweatdrop  

Lidaby

mcm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:08 pm
Ceribri
mcm
Morogo

That's actually exactly where I got that from. /belated  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:13 pm
Now accepting towel/"blanket" donations from gracious fellow hitchhikers!

jasmgasm

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games