Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Favorite/Least Favorite Virtual Console Games Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:58 am
KyuubiNaruto4
Super Cheesio
Eh, I take the illegal (I think) option of using ROMs.

It is illegal unless you actually own the game then its legal.(That was true the last time I checked which was about a year ago.)

Since I'm like Mr. Cheesio over here I download games but I do it for two reasons.

1a. Why wait for the game to come out when you could just download it for free?

1b. Why wait for a game that is never going to come out due to discrepancies between companies? For instance 007 Goldeneye most likely won't come out for VC. Since Microsoft owns Rare and recently XBOX LIVE Arcade tried to release Goldeneye but it was quickly shot down after Nintendo and Microsoft couldn't reach an agreement.

2. I use emulators to try a game I want to download before actually paying for it.

Favorite: Gradius III

Least: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles My Life As A King.(It is a wiiware game since I'm not going to download a game I hate for VC).

The one thing I don't understand about the legal/illegal thing is why DL if you have a perfectly usable copy of it sitting in your own home...?

Understandable if the copy is somehow usless to play, but otherwise...

Anyway I just use ROMS only for games that arent sold anymore, or not on VC, or games that are Japan only, i.e the SNES Ganbare Goemon games.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:08 am
I'm just gonna give you my favorite and least favorite WiiWare games instead.

Favorite: Onsl- No. World of Goo. Onslaught was brilliant when I got it, but once you've played the same 13 missions over and over again it gets a bit dull.

Least favorite: Art Style: CUBELLO. For only 600 points, it's a very enjoyable game with great gameplay, but I hate the look and sound of the game.  

Super Cheesio

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:29 am
TtheHero
KyuubiNaruto4
Super Cheesio

It is illegal unless you actually own the game then its legal.(That was true the last time I checked which was about a year ago.)

Since I'm like Mr. Cheesio over here I download games but I do it for two reasons.

1b. Why wait for a game that is never going to come out due to discrepancies between companies? For instance 007 Goldeneye most likely won't come out for VC. Since Microsoft owns Rare and recently XBOX LIVE Arcade tried to release Goldeneye but it was quickly shot down after Nintendo and Microsoft couldn't reach an agreement.

2. I use emulators to try a game I want to download before actually paying for it.

Least: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles My Life As A King.(It is a wiiware game since I'm not going to download a game I hate for VC).

The one thing I don't understand about the legal/illegal thing is why DL if you have a perfectly usable copy of it sitting in your own home...?

Anyway I just use ROMS only for games that arent sold anymore, or not on VC, or games that are Japan only, i.e the SNES Ganbare Goemon games.

That is the reason everyone downloads games. They download them for multiple reasons:

1. ITS FREE
2. It is Illegal(unless you own it)
3. Allows you to go back to the good old days of gaming
4. Never have to go hunting on the internet to find a very old game again.
5. ITS FREE

The whole illegal thing I'm pretty sure is a reason people do this. We smoke marijuana, steal, drink, speed, and commit murder yet it is all illegal. That is why I put it up as a reason, I know people who do stuff that is illegal just because it is illegal.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:40 am
Why are we talking about WiiWare games and emulators? I thought this topic was about Virtual Console games. . . confused  

The_Ky-Guy

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:52 am
The_Ky-Guy
Why are we talking about WiiWare games and emulators? I thought this topic was about Virtual Console games. . . confused

Because people like me and Mr. Cheesy over there use emulators so we hardly/don't use VC. So we thought talking about WiiWare would be okay since I don't know you download it onto your Wii as well. Plus you never answered my question if WiiWare games are okay? But apparently that is not true.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:54 am
TtheHero
KyuubiNaruto4
Super Cheesio

I'm trying to ROM Kirby Superstar playing Kirby with my left hand and Helper with my right. So far, I can dodge/defend with Kirby and rape with the Helper. Working on raping with both. xd

ROMs are useful (though technically cheating) for speed runs. I used save states instead of normally saving my game in my Pokémon Yellow speed run. I only did it, though, 'cause the timer goes up by 1 minute every time you save. 3 caves, 8 gym leaders, and 4 Elites, that's 15 minutes I didn't waste saving. razz

Also, for filming gameplay and uploading to Youtube. I'm really ******** tempted to do this, because I've seen some stupid ******** nubs blunder their way through my favorite game and I would like to show them how it's done. xd Seriously, I fought like this when I was five.

But yeah. You should always buy your games, kids. Rented discs might have STDs.  

5ir Psycho 5exy

Zephiur

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:34 pm

Favorite(s): Super Mario RPG (luv heart it) and Street Fighter II' Turbo: Hyper Fighting (not as good as I am on the SNES)

Least Favorite(s): Secret of Mana (doesn't really appeal to me) and Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (couldn't figure this one out scream )

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:18 am
Lord Maloroth

Favorite(s): Super Mario RPG (luv heart it) and Street Fighter II' Turbo: Hyper Fighting (not as good as I am on the SNES)

Least Favorite(s): Secret of Mana (doesn't really appeal to me) and Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (couldn't figure this one out scream )
Secret of Mana is a lot more fun with a p2. Some of the bosses are really hard, and the AI for your allies can be really stupid.  

5ir Psycho 5exy

The_Ky-Guy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:30 am
-Zephyrotica-
Lord Maloroth

Secret of Mana is a lot more fun with a p2. Some of the bosses are really hard, and the AI for your allies can be really stupid.

I've read that there could be up to three players on that game.

I might download it soon, too. It looks fun.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:48 pm
The_Ky-Guy
-Zephyrotica-
Lord Maloroth

Three players?

But the SNES only has two controller ports.. burning_eyes  

5ir Psycho 5exy

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:59 pm
-Zephyrotica-
The_Ky-Guy
-Zephyrotica-
Lord Maloroth

Three players?

Back then you had to buy a thing called the Multitap to play with more than two people, another reason Sony sucks not once has sony come out with console that had four ports always had to buy a multitap. You can learn about it here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multitap  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:05 pm
KyuubiNaruto4
-Zephyrotica-
The_Ky-Guy
-Zephyrotica-
Lord Maloroth

Three players?

Back then you had to buy a thing called the Multitap to play with more than two people, another reason Sony sucks not once has sony come out with console that had four ports always had to buy a multitap. You can learn about it here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multitap

The PS3 can do four...  

Waynebrizzle

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:23 pm
Waynebrizzle
KyuubiNaruto4
-Zephyrotica-
The_Ky-Guy
-Zephyrotica-
Lord Maloroth

Three players?

The PS3 can do four...

Yeah but by now do people nooooooo. They only want to play with people online in HD or whatever the hell it is.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:37 pm
KyuubiNaruto4
-Zephyrotica-
The_Ky-Guy
-Zephyrotica-
Lord Maloroth

Three players?

Oh, I've seen these. Long time ago though. They never gave me that with Super Bomberman. FFFFUUUUUUUUU---

3 people would be even more fun. Now I want 2 people to play it with. crying  

5ir Psycho 5exy

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:47 pm
KyuubiNaruto4
-Zephyrotica-
The_Ky-Guy
-Zephyrotica-
Lord Maloroth

Three players?

I had a multitap with my SNES. Great fun.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff