Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Animation Station - Post your views
Your five favorite Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:13 pm
Could you please tell me what Akira and Barefoot Gen are about? I have placed the other one (Fruit Basket) on my list. Thanks. I need some new interesting shows (as in ones I've not seen before/new to me) while I'm out from the different operations.  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:31 pm
Akira: Well the story starts with a nuclear explosion that start WWIII. Then it moves on to 30 years later, in Neo-Tokyo. The story centers around a boy named Kaneda an his friend Tetsuo. They are part of a motorcycle gang, in the toubled city. Its got a bit of cyberpunk, and super psychic powers. The show is pretty good, although it took me a few viewing to get it all. Be warned it has quite a bit of graphic violence.

Barefoot Gen: It is a story based on the real experiences of a person who survived Hiroshima. The story is about a boy named Gen, and his experiences during and after the atomic bombing of Hiroshima. It is a very heart wrenching, but ends with a bit of hope. I thought it was very good, it had me crying a few times, it was definitely worth watching.  

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:02 pm
Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:20 am
You are very welcome. biggrin  

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:22 am
I have added Barefoot Gen to my list. I now have about 20 anime shows/series/movies to watch. I'm gunna be busy for awhile. At least it will give me something to see or do when on recovery from first operation.  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:33 am
I am glad I could help! It sounds like you have quite a line-up. That is very cool.  

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

Dangerous Conversationalist

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:46 am
Hazumu-san
Those are some good shows Chain. I've seen FMA and a little bit of Trigun and Berserk. (Berserk was a little much for me though) I have seen some stuff on Claymore, but I really don't know what it is about. I have also seen some stuff for Vandread and it looked funny, what do you think?

Also there is a recommendation thread for everyone. smile

Sorry... I think I left shortly after I posted that.

Yeah, Vandread is a great show. It's very funny, and the story and action are pretty good, too.

I really, really like Claymore. It's got good characters and spectacular action. Since it's a 26 episode anime, but it's based off of a continuing manga arc, the last 2 or so episodes are... well... both made up and kinda lame.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:57 am
If this is a reccomendation thread, then I'd also recommend S-cry-ed, Outlaw Star, Afro Samurai, Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai X OVA, Hellsing OVA (Just the OVA, NOT the friggin' anime... they screwed that anime up hardcore. You could watch it if you want, but I'll tell you they f***ed up the story big time.).  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:26 am
I didn't know you were a Rurouni Kenshin and Outlaw Star fan. I've never seen Afro Samurai. I'll have to check it out. Currently, I am watching Magic Knight: Rayearth.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:37 pm
Rurouni Kenshin is pretty good. I've only just started it. I like Samurai X though. That was great.

As for Outlaw Star... I wish it would've had more space combat (PFFFFFFT! Grappler ships...), but hey, it was okay once I accepted that it wasn't a space combat anime, but a "use a spaceship to get to other planets then fight on the ground" anime. Viewed from that context, it's pretty good. It's not in my top five... or maybe even my top ten, but I'd still recommend it as good.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:46 pm
I should also recommend Full Metal Alchemist, I guess. I try not to recommend too much mainstream stuff, because I bet a lot of people have already seen it.

Personally, I think Baki the Grappler is alright... but I don't think that's most of you's type of anime... And it really doesn't have much of a plot but watching guys beat the crap out of each other.

I started to watch Melody of Oblivion once upon a time, but I ended up getting bored with it. Same thing with Negima, //.Hack, Noir, Death Note, and Cowboy Bebop.

I've started to watch the Japanese dubs of One Piece, which are pretty funny. They give some good laughs, sometimes. I might be on episode 50 or so on those.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:50 pm
There's also Blue Gender. Blue Gender's kinda like an anime version of Starship Troopers, but with the bugs on Earth.

Oh yeah, and The Guyver. I'd recommend the newer Guyver instead of the one from the 80's. The old one kind of... shortens the plot a lot... I mean a lot. I think the newer one is called Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor. It's actually really good. That one's on my top 5. That should actually be above Full Metal Alchemist in slot #5. I just forgot about it or something.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:57 pm
Oh, yeah. As far as non-animes go, I'd recommend Mighty Max... just because It's one of my favorite shows from my childhood. I don't really think it's all that childish, but if you don't like it, hey, you can just watch something else.

Starship Troopers: Roughneck Chronicles was a pretty good show, too... except for the main characters never seemed to get hurt... kid show influenced coming through a little bit there. That's in 3D, though, and it looks alright... people are a little plasticy, but the other stuff is pretty good.

Histeria was funny as hell. Loved that show. Teaches you history while making fun of history at the same time.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:54 pm
Has anyone ever heard of the "Clamp School Detectives"? My wayward son lol would like for me to add it to our Netflix list to be the next in line to watch.  

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:17 am
I've heard of it but never seen it. The review I saw said it was pretty good, but I always take those with a grain of salt. wink  
Animation Station - Post your views

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff