Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Most Epic Moments. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RedMan351

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:37 pm
This is a great thread topic. Congrats! it gives me a chance to be reminiscent of the Metal Gear Solid series out loud again. lol

Epic moments, for me, occurred in every one of the MGS games, but MGS3 and MGS4 stood out the most. here's some examples.

Ex of MGS3: (talking for Big Boss/Snake) "She raised me, taught me everything i know, and loved me; she was like a mother to me. But now left to fight on the opposing side of the battle, and i dont know why. so now i fight. i fight to get answers, and to get her back, and nothing will stand in my way. I press on through countless battles (some unseen, some not), i take on the weirdest of opponents (where do they get these guys from? 0_0), and i have to defeat the only person i've trusted my whole life. so i fight, and i succeed, and i win; only to find out that she did what she did to save me and help her country, by paying the ultimate price. She was a true patriot and a friend." (yes its cheesy, but i don't care. lol. its the plot of the game) and he killed The Boss(that's her name, for those of you who haven't experienced the greatness that is MGS3).

Ex of MGS4: "Body decaying, slowly dying......... but i still fight..... and i still win. I am a warrior with a terrible past, (and an also hard to explain past if you haven't played the games) and no future to look forward to; I am becoming a weapon of death that kills the many lives ive spent my entire life fighting to save. but i press on, continuing down this road with no end. i must finish this fight my father (or clone, w/e. i wont go into that) started long ago. I will do this..... I must do this.... cause i'm the only one who can. my mind is still here, but my body is, supposedly, soon to go. so I must defeat my own twin brother ( well clone, but again, wont go into that) in a battle that will determine who is the master of CQC and the true successor of Big Bosses abilities, to show that i am the legendary Solid Snake. So I will march steadily, and selflessly forward, and end this once end for all." (yes that was my impression of solid snake. and yes it probably was really cheesy. again, i don't care. lol. it was the plot.)

Also some honorable mention" Ocarina of time, majora's mask, killzone 2, FF10, and the fire emblem games are just a few games that come to mind. oh and cant forget brawl. thats up there after mgs series. thanks for reading this book of thoughts. lol  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:52 pm
My definition of Epic is when my Cheeks Tighten, I Shake, and I'm Cold. Just so you know all doesn't happen on purpose.

Tales of Symphonia Fight against Abyssion on Mania.
Super Smash Brothers Brawl watching the opening for the first time.
Fire Emblem Path or Radiance Fight against the Black Knight.
Mata Nui Online Game when the six people you recruited fight the Rahi.

Put the rest up as I remember them.  

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Allegro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:39 pm
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
Left 4 Dead: I was playing versus mode and got to spawn as the special infected called "The Tank" I beat my friends by hitting the alarm rigged car at them. All my friend could is watch in horror as the car slowly rolled over (and setting off the alarm at the same time) his two allies "Bill and Francis" Louis*?* was following him on the corner of his screen when he saw him get taken down by a flung piece of concreate so the black man was downed and now zombie foood for the alerted horde. He turned around while running to see me charging at him giant arm about to swing at his face....that was the most damn best run I've ever had as the Tank

The Tank is hilarious. I love leaping around like a Halotard, because they don't except a flying PAUNCH from the tank. Knocking people off of No Mercy's Roof as a Rabbit Tank is hilarious.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:35 am
In Megaman X when you hear a dull huming as Vile is seconds away from destroying you. Then in half of a millisecond there is a pause, before a giant blaze of energy clears through Vile's ride armour, taking an arm off. As Zero dashes in to save the day, I felt goosebumps all over my arms. Still do. The music was epic too.  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

The Awkwardest Turtle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:26 am
I have two that come to mind.

First was in Pokemon Silver.
I was up against whatever the Steel gym leader's name is.
I ran out of Pokemon.
Except Metapod.
I made her Steelix Struggle itself to death.

Second is in Brawl.
Online match in final destination.
Me and Snake in sudden death.
I get hit by a bomb-omb and go flying off the top of the screen. As I'm falling in the background, Snake does his box taunt, gets hit by a bomb, and goes off the side of the screen, and gets KOd before I do.

Which reminds me of another moment in which I was fighting against a Lucas, we were both falling off the side of the stage, he tries to use PK Thunder to recover and ends up shooting me to the ledge instead.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:15 am
FF9's ending knocked my socks off. Having beaten VII and VIII before it, I'd been expecting some abstract bittersweet draw-your-own-conclusion ending, but when Zidane came back from the "dead" mid-Dagger's favorite play... I wanted someone to hug.

The first time I beat Tower Tycoon Palmer, I did it with 3 Dragon Dances and 1 Outrage. xd Rhyperior, Milotic, Dragonite: DEAD. Hated the s**t out of his Milotic, so I had to OHKO it. Since the computer is a cheating b*****d, its Hypnosis never missed. sad Also, every time I rape a Garchomp with Weavile's Ice Punch or a Gyarados with Jolteon's Charge Beam. x6 damage before the Expert Belt/Metronome bonus. The game should yell "FATALITY" or something.

Oh, my first playthrough of Yellow, I beat Brock's Onix with my Pikachu's Struggle. It took many potions and many wasted Thundershocks, but I did not lose. mad Also, wild MEW appeared!

Blind the Thief's appearance/boss battle in Link to the Past. That b***h was like a reverse werewolf or something and made you eat some ******** lasers and justice. If you want a real challenge, try beating him without the fireball shield or using the spin attack. It gets fun when the second head starts floating around. wink

Chrono Trigger, now with 13 endings, obviously has tons of epic moments. "The Oath" was one of my favorites, along with "Reunion", and, of course, "Memory Lane". xd Also, the race with Johnny, Spekkio, the fall of Zeal, when Marle jumped through the stained glass window, etc.  

5ir Psycho 5exy

V1SUAL K31

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:29 am
FIRST TIME PLAYING BRAWL!

Beating Subspace emissary.

Unlocking Akuma in SF4. (I thought he was going to beat me gonk )  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:40 am
The Awkwardest Turtle
I have two that come to mind.

First was in Pokemon Silver.
I was up against whatever the Steel gym leader's name is.
I ran out of Pokemon.
Except Metapod.
I made her Steelix Struggle itself to death.

Thats funny. Guess I'm not the only one who has beaten a gym leader with a metapod.

Pokemon Yellow
Leader: Brock(who else is that hard at the frickin beggining, when its your first pokemon game?)
Pokemon I had(don't know lvls): Pikachu, Rattata, Metapod, and Pidgey
Pokemon alive after battle: Metapod

How I won:
Quite obvious why my other pokemon dropped dead. All are quite weak against Rock type. Pikachu and Rattata got rid of Geodude. Pikachu then dropped when Onix hits him once and same goes with Pidgey. I think I'm screwed since Metapod only knows harden. But for some reason the damage Onix does is very minimal at the beginning. Problem is I don't have any way of attacking. Then I finally run out of PP and Metapod just struggles and damages Onix. So I was back in business. You should know the rest.

As a matter of fact...I'm going to go download it right now. Beaten Ruby, Crystal, and Leaf Green already. So Yellow here I come. After playing it for an hour I'm done with it...to frickin slooooow. Can't run and I don't get the bicycle until I get the voucher in Vermillion then go back to Cerulean. No thanks I'll stick with Leaf Green if I want to go slow, and Ruby if I want to go fast.  

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

SylFariun

Distinct Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:13 am
Well recently I started Leaf Green, and at my first gym fight with Brock his Geodude took out all my other Pokemon, but some how my Bulbasaur managed to defeat Geodude, level up, and learn vine whip. Then Onix went down in a critical hit the next turn. =3 My other epic moment was on diamond while I had my Aggron dominate the ground womans team, and my Lucario somehow managed to be the only pokemon I needed for Cynthia, and I've tried going back and doing it again, but I think it was just dumb luck. crying  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:01 pm
Hm... A few moments from Mario Galaxy spring to mind... But i have to say the most epic gaming moment for me is un-wrapping my Christmas present to find it's an N64. Yeah. If that doesn't count then the opening of Super Mario 64 felt epic. I still remember that Christmas day. Most of it I was playing Mario 64 with a huge grin on my face.  

Super Cheesio

RoseSpirit

5,200 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:30 pm
Meta_Fish
And there he is. Standing silently in the Silver Cave is Red, the character from RBY. Save your game and talk to him.

Ohhhhhhh man... Some awesome times there with my old GBC. :'3

Not quite as awesomely epic, but it got my adrenaline pumping: Pokemon Emerald, the Battle Tower. I'd been on quite a streak, going for my 50 straight victories, when I was brought up short by a Shedinja. The match was down to just my Swampert against it, but my Swampert had no super-effective attacks against Bug/Ghost, and Shedinja had Sunny Day and Solarbeam. I just knew that one hit of the Solarbeam would be the end of my Swampert, but a few well-timed Dives (using up all its PP in the process) allowed me to dodge every single fatal attack. Shedinja finally Struggled, and having only 1 HP, won me the battle in an instant. ;D  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:44 pm
Super Cheesio
Hm... A few moments from Mario Galaxy spring to mind... But i have to say the most epic gaming moment for me is un-wrapping my Christmas present to find it's an N64. Yeah. If that doesn't count then the opening of Super Mario 64 felt epic. I still remember that Christmas day. Most of it I was playing Mario 64 with a huge grin on my face.

I still play the game only slightly different. I play it on the computer and I slightly changed Mario's colors: User Image  

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Boadicia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:52 pm
watching my friend fight Chernabog in KH

the Dragon Campaign in The Legend of Dragoon

fighting the gryphons and crossing the lowlands in God of War II

robbing the bank in Conker's Bad Fur Day xd

Defeating Yunalesca ON MY FIRST TRY in Final Fantasy X.

As cheesy as this may sound, I'd say the removal of the curse zones in Okami were kind of epic.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:58 pm
I was playing TOS with my friends and we were facing Pronyma (or something) and I was Zelos, my bro Lloyd, and my friend Genis. I died, and right before my bro revives me my friend goes up and hits Pronyma with his melee attack. It takes away 1HP and she dies, and I lose out on like 2 Levels Up.  

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

Classically Trained Hiki

GO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:57 pm
Got three off the top of my head:

- Pokemon Ruby, first time going against the Champion with less than stellar Pokemon. Claydol was up, and all I had was Electrode, Blaziken, and...something else. I made Electrode use self-destruct, switch to the other one, then revive it. Rinse, repeat, win! biggrin

- SSBM, going through All-Star on Very Hard as Marth. Battle was 'gainst another Marth and Jigglypuff. Threw a bob-omb a little too close, and we all got sent to the sky. I won by BARELY ANYTHING.

- SSBB, playing as Luigi in classic. Went up against giant Sonic. READY......GO! Me = jump. Sonic = run, dash, KO. Total time of battle was less than a second. Best. Win. Ever. razz  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff