Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Are you proud to be Chinese. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you proud to be Chinese????
  HELLS YESH^^
  No........I hate being Chinese(Me-You suck!!!!)
  I'm not Chinese(Then what are you even doing in this guild???? 0.0)
View Results

MiladyMayhem

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:03 pm
I am most of the time, although i do disapprove of the way that some people act  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:30 pm
i am 100% pure chinese and im totally proud of it!  

shinyapple123

kyoslove74

Romantic Prophet

8,500 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:43 pm
I am proud of being chinese because our people have accomplished so much from medicine, to inventions that are made for current day, and the fact that we have so much more to offer from our martial arts to our philosophies and moralies. so yes I am proud to be chinese  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:38 am
OF COURSE!  

lilasian321

Dawning Emulsion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:05 am
I haven't posted in here...in ages... sweatdrop

Yes I am, though I've lived in England for so long now that I've naturalised here. It's a bit odd cos my HK friends don't see me as Chinese and my English friends don't see me as British.

I like to see myself as a little of both. In mannerisms and 'airs' I'm definitely British. I have the British rather distinct humour (which is sadly lost on my of my HK/Chinese friends) and their rather diplomatic fence sitting, albeit outspoken, nature.

Yet in tradition and thinking I'm definitely Chinese and proud of it. The Chinese sense of family and loyalty is very much instilled in me. I love our language (though I love English too) and our wonderfully rich, though tainted, history.

Though, I'm not always proud of the Chinese, and I do find myself shaking my head especially the whole 'keeping face' issue. But most of the time yeah.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:07 pm
Hmm...sure...I guess I"m proud to be Chinese....its not that bad after all lol heart

kiwispring

Invisible Cat

Escargot

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:09 pm
I am not proud to be Chinese.

....Because I'm not Chinese at all. Haha. I just love Chinese people. I majored in Chinese for undergrad. whee

I'm so happy to see so many people who are proud of their Chinese-ness. I know a lot of Asian self-haters who get so annoyed and jaded about how their fellow Asians act, and it's just very refreshing to see that you are all confident and happy with your heritage.

And @FireMiko, you have such an amazing and rich history! The only Jewish-Chinese people I'd ever heard of before were the ones living in Kaifeng, Henan. I don't even know if they are even there anymore either.

Well, actually I also heard about a lot of Jewish people who were trying to escape the Germans during WWII - they tried to sail to New York, but the US government wouldn't let them in. The only place the were given access to was Shanghai. So, there's quite possibly a lot of Jewish-descended people living in Shanghai now.

I'm very proud of my own heritage too though, even though it's not Chinese.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:02 pm
Yes. I'm proud 4laugh I'm 100% chinese actually ^^  

candy chocolate bunny

jingle_ring

4,600 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:31 pm
If they're not proud to be Chinese, I don't think they'd join this guild.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:05 pm
I've never been ashamed of who I am, whether its chinese or whatever.
and yea... why would someone be in ICU if they aren't proud of being chinese or aren't interested in it or whatever... o.O  

Kodocha579

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:23 am
I dunno, maybe they'd be grudgingly Chinese?

"I NEVER ASKED FOR THIS..! IT WAS ALWAYS MY DREAM TO BE PERUVIAN! gonk "

Niphy loves being Chinese, although it's hard when I have to defend it all the time in front of Western people.. P;  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:07 am
Not particularly... I get the feeling I'm drifting away from my culture in present day America. :/
But I'm not ashamed of it either :]  

Loutz

Starry Peaches

Beloved Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:31 pm
i heart being Chinese! biggrin
just check my profile, it has Chinese pride written all over it! xd  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:31 pm
Yea,sure...  

Anncor

Vanilla2468

Wheezing Elder

7,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:17 pm
biggrin
I like being Chinese.
Did you know that I'm descended from General Shen? Never heard of him before, until my mom told me about him.
Basically, he's this really smart guy who was in the army. He was really famous. At a book fair, I actually found an biography picture book on him~
Anyways, it's a shame that he's on my mom's side of the family. I don't have his last name... I have my dad's. And almost everyone Chinese in my school has that last name! Almost.

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff