Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
THE worst/disappointing game you have ever played Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wariodude128

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:18 pm
Betman

Worst game for me was probably DBZ: Burst limit. It only covered the ******** Freiza saga. -_-

That's pretty bad man. Even the original Budokai did the Android and Cell sagas. Not only that, it added five additional "What If?" stories too. Only covering the Freeza saga in my opinion would be a disappointment as well as the worst game I would ever play.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:23 pm
wariodude128
Betman

Worst game for me was probably DBZ: Burst limit. It only covered the ******** Freiza saga. -_-

That's pretty bad man. Even the original Budokai did the Android and Cell sagas. Not only that, it added five additional "What If?" stories too. Only covering the Freeza saga in my opinion would be a disappointment as well as the worst game I would ever play.
I was fighting frieza, and I was like, ******** YEAH ANDROIDS YOURE ******** NEXT and then it was like 'no ur done tho' i was like 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'  

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:44 pm
I'm skipping the battle system comments because I haven't played Star Ocean 3.

Gikaru
I then tried comparing ToS to numerous RPGs in terms of storyline, and found it closest to the old Final Fantasy games. I say the old ones because, besides FF10, going to the temples was an obvious part of the storyline. I never bothered to care what they were in ToS, but I do recall watching my neighbor go through one of these dungeons. When he reached the end (my memory is a bit fuzzy around here), he fought...a horse boss? Afterward, one of the characters took the spotlight as, well, I dunno. He had wings, I think, but only at that one scene. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure about whether it was a guy or a girl, but that's not the point. In that one dungeon alone and a little bit after it, the game was already summarized in my head, though the beginning is probably off: You find a special guy, the special guy needs to go to these temples to get powers (or was it to seal something?), and you fight the final boss behind all of this. Sounds like a regular game for me. However, what probably led me away from the game was the story itself. While it did sound like a regular overused story...hm. I don't know?

I'm going to point out that ToS is two discs. Going to temples and getting powers is a part of the storyline, but if that was all of it we'd all hate the game for having so many temples.

That said, ToS is extremely clichéd and anyone arguing otherwise is kidding themselves. A story can work despite unoriginality, but if you want a fresh plot this is the wrong game.

Gikaru
Comparing ToS's graphics to another game's is like comparing the old Dr. Mario to, say, Halo 3 graphics. Gamecube didn't have a lot of games with very good graphics. Besides, I dislike the idea of using graphics in an argument. Possibly off topic when I say this, but I'd rather play Runescape than a lot of other MMORPGs. The game isn't THAT bad, it just takes so damn long to do anything.

ToS was going for animesque graphics. If anime designs aren't your thing then that would be the problem.

However, why are you bashing the Gamecube for having bad graphics? 'ToS's graphics are annoying to the point that I can't focus on the game' is a decent reason, 'the graphics sucked' is just shallow.

Gikaru
All in all, I just don't like the game, and I don't know completely why. The reasons I listed probably tie together with some other reason, but for sure are related somehow.

Fair enough. I have trouble explaining why I like or dislike things sometimes. If you don't like ToS, I probably won't be able to change your mind on it, so...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:50 pm
Betman
wariodude128
Betman

I was fighting frieza, and I was like, ******** YEAH ANDROIDS YOURE ******** NEXT and then it was like 'no ur done tho' i was like 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'

I think I speak for both of us when I say: WTF??????????????  

wariodude128

Supersephiroth7

Interesting Codger

3,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:52 pm
Duck Hunt. That's the only game that I couldn't play for five minutes. I guess it wasn't because it was bad, but I still hate it. The reason is rather stupid XD  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:53 pm
Quote:
I then tried comparing ToS to numerous RPGs in terms of storyline, and found it closest to the old Final Fantasy games. I say the old ones because, besides FF10, going to the temples was an obvious part of the storyline. I never bothered to care what they were in ToS, but I do recall watching my neighbor go through one of these dungeons. When he reached the end (my memory is a bit fuzzy around here), he fought...a horse boss? Afterward, one of the characters took the spotlight as, well, I dunno. He had wings, I think, but only at that one scene. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure about whether it was a guy or a girl, but that's not the point. In that one dungeon alone and a little bit after it, the game was already summarized in my head, though the beginning is probably off: You find a special guy, the special guy needs to go to these temples to get powers (or was it to seal something?), and you fight the final boss behind all of this. Sounds like a regular game for me. However, what probably led me away from the game was the story itself. While it did sound like a regular overused story...hm. I don't know?

Umm you do know that ToS is like that for about...I would say a fifth or sixth of the game. The rest is awhole different ball game, instead of saving Sylvarant you plan to save both worlds by reuniting the two worlds into one. Can someone tell me what the world put together was called? Because I don't recall the game ever mentioning it in Dawn of the New World.  

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:45 am
Supersephiroth7
Duck Hunt. That's the only game that I couldn't play for five minutes. I guess it wasn't because it was bad, but I still hate it. The reason is rather stupid XD

Was it the dog? Everyone hates the dog.

Oh that dog... how he laughs...

gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:47 am
******** the only game I've ever returned.
I expected so much and got that.  

l-Kriel-l

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:54 am
I gotta admit, there hasn't been any game I've bought and played that I've regretted.

I've tried my best to do research on most of my games before buying them.

Though I am starting to wonder WHY I even bought Naruto: CLash of Ninja Revolution for the Wii.

I know I must get my fill of fighting games, but REALLY? THAT?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:59 am
TtheHero
Supersephiroth7

Was it the dog? Everyone hates the dog.

Oh that dog... how he laughs...

gonk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Hho69a3GQ  

V1SUAL K31

SylFariun

Distinct Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:32 am
Kirby Squeak Squad, I'm sorry but it was short and I read on the box AND the ads "Mix and match you abilities!" Which made me think of Kirby 64 so I thought I'd play it, only to learn that the only ones that combine are fire, ice, and thunder and that they only go with bomb and sword. I was very dissappointed with Kirby. crying  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:24 am
Kenshin Kura
Kirby Squeak Squad, I'm sorry but it was short and I read on the box AND the ads "Mix and match you abilities!" Which made me think of Kirby 64 so I thought I'd play it, only to learn that the only ones that combine are fire, ice, and thunder and that they only go with bomb and sword. I was very dissappointed with Kirby. crying
I dunno man, squeak squad was hella fun. I 100%'d all three files.  

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:31 am
Hm... That's a hard one... Probably V-Rally 3 for the Gamecube. You just couldn't help crashing and crashing and crashing, then failing the mission. It pissed me off wen I was younger.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:32 am
The most disappointing for me? RE4. I've never been able to see why people go ape s**t for the over the shoulder control scheme I managed to get a few hours into the game despite the imprecise aiming mechanics, but eventually you just come to a point where you're putting 5 bullets into the heads of people and they won't ******** die. It's not scary, it's frustrating. It is, in my opinion, not a Resident Evil game. And that was disappointing.

The WORST game I've ever played? Probably a Dynasty Warrios game.  

Allegro

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:45 am
Supersephiroth7
It's the ******** dog that laughs at you when you miss, isn't it?

God, I wanted to put a bullet or two through its head. mad I was three, of course I sucked at vidyagames! Doesn't mean my pets have to laugh at me... crying  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff