So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Your First Time... Gaming. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Were you playing vidjagames before you could read?
  Yes; text-heavy games helped me learn
  Yes; but only simple ones I could understand without reading too much
  No; my parents wouldn't let me
  No; I didn't get interested/introduced until later
  i dunno ahurr
View Results

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:41 pm
I don't remember my first time, because my memories from that time are all gone for the most part. That gray box has just always been there ever since I can remember.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:42 pm
Betman
-Zephyrotica-
Betman
Man, I remember watching my Dad playing Myst before anything. Scared the living s**t outta me. Had nightmares about it forever.

But my first time gaming was on the gamebrick, Super Mario Land.
Haha, my stepdad played Alone in the Dark a lot. Scared the s**t out of me; I only recently mustered up the courage to watch the gameplay vids, and now it just makes me lol. I think I've only ever gotten my dad, however, to hold a controller once, and it was recently: he took a shot at Wii Bowling and almost hit the cat with my poor projectile Wiimote. xd
Well, the thing was, you could pick a book to release one of the brothers, who were convincing you that they weren't bad people. My dad knew there was a 3rd book, but he wanted to see what happened when you picked one of the first two. Scared the s**t outta me, because they trap you in the book, and then burn it.
gonk

In AitD, pictures throw tomahawks and shoot arrows at you when your back is turned. Pretty funny when I went on my first trip to a museum; I found myself spending half the time ducking and looking around paranoid in the gallery. xd Also, if you start the phonograph in one room, things start dancing, and if you touch them they turn into COSMIC BRINGERS OF DEATH and kill you instantly; I couldn't play music in the dark either for the longest time.

Also, my first brush with Silent Hill, I got jumpy every time I heard radio static for a week.

Kids. rolleyes  

5ir Psycho 5exy

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:44 pm
-Zephyrotica-
Betman
-Zephyrotica-
Betman
Man, I remember watching my Dad playing Myst before anything. Scared the living s**t outta me. Had nightmares about it forever.

Haha, my stepdad played Alone in the Dark a lot. Scared the s**t out of me; I only recently mustered up the courage to watch the gameplay vids, and now it just makes me lol. I think I've only ever gotten my dad, however, to hold a controller once, and it was recently: he took a shot at Wii Bowling and almost hit the cat with my poor projectile Wiimote. xd
Well, the thing was, you could pick a book to release one of the brothers, who were convincing you that they weren't bad people. My dad knew there was a 3rd book, but he wanted to see what happened when you picked one of the first two. Scared the s**t outta me, because they trap you in the book, and then burn it.
gonk

In AITD, pictures throw tomahawks and shoot arrows at you when your back is turned. Pretty funny when I went on my first trip to a museum; I found myself spending half the time ducking and looking around paranoid in the gallery. xd
I remember this game Shivers 2. My dad played it, because it was more puzzle based/thriller kind of thing. Suspense. I remember playing it myself at 9 (cause i was so hardcore guys) and I went into this trailer. There was no one in it, and I was looking at something, and all of a sudden, a ******** DART LANDS RIGHT NEXT TO MY ******** HEAD AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I didnt' play after that.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:13 pm
Betman
-Zephyrotica-
Betman
-Zephyrotica-
Betman

gonk

In AITD, pictures throw tomahawks and shoot arrows at you when your back is turned. Pretty funny when I went on my first trip to a museum; I found myself spending half the time ducking and looking around paranoid in the gallery. xd
I remember this game Shivers 2. My dad played it, because it was more puzzle based/thriller kind of thing. Suspense. I remember playing it myself at 9 (cause i was so hardcore guys) and I went into this trailer. There was no one in it, and I was looking at something, and all of a sudden, a ******** DART LANDS RIGHT NEXT TO MY ******** HEAD AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I've never been able to play even remotely scary games. I can't bring myself to look away when someone else is playing them, but as soon as I'm handed the controller I freak out and drop it like it's a giant bug or something. xd  

5ir Psycho 5exy

Mukuchina Kurasu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:13 pm
My first console was a sega genisis. My older brother played sonic 2 over a friends house and loved it, I think our parrents gave a a genisis for xmas or something after that, I dunno, we got one somehow anyway. it was bundled with sonic 2. and I played it too of course, I had little else to do, and it was fun. this was all before I went to school to, i don't remember my exact age when we got it, but i was very young.

We got a lot of sonic games for that, they were my favorite, we also got some others too, like earth worm jim.

the next system we got was an N64, bundled with Goldeneye,we got that christmas. I remember that much more clearly.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:17 pm
-Zephyrotica-
Betman
-Zephyrotica-
Betman
-Zephyrotica-
Betman

gonk

I've never been able to play even remotely scary games. I can't bring myself to look away when someone else is playing them, but as soon as I'm handed the controller I freak out and drop it like it's a giant bug or something. xd
Yeah. i hate scary games, but I always end up playing them because I try to convince myself that I"m not scared.

I'm surprised I've gone through Bioshock so many times, because it creeps me right the ******** out.

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

Tonberry Crunch

7,300 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:19 pm
I don't remember much of my childhood, but I believe my first was on my dad's Sega Genesis. I remember me and my brother always playing Sonic 2 going Co-op and powning Eggman..

My dad also has a playstation so there was that all the time. I remember being terrified of the infamous "head turning zombie" on Resident Evil 1. XD

Then one fated Christmas I got a Gameboy Color. :D Warioland was my first game for that. So much fun.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:31 pm
I had ******** nightmares about sending Lemmings to their deaths through my incompetence. xd

The first game I seriously remember playing was probably Earthbound, honestly.  

Allegro

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:34 pm
Betman
-Zephyrotica-
Betman
-Zephyrotica-
Betman
gonk

Yeah. i hate scary games, but I always end up playing them because I try to convince myself that I"m not scared.

I'm surprised I've gone through Bioshock so many times, because it creeps me right the ******** out.
Haha, I couldn't do the Bottom of the Well/Shadow Temple as a kid (You know, for such frightening imagery in the dungeons, funny how the bosses were nothing but lulz). I couldn't even get the Sun's Song or go through Hyrule Castle Town, I was that scared of ReDeads. I had to either get my stepdad to do it, have all my bottles filled with fairies, or detour.

I still don't like ReDeads. But now it's because they cause paralysis, thus inconveniencing me. mad SO I KILL THEM EXTRA HARD.

EDIT: @'Llegro: I had nightmares about being a Lemming and sent to my death through someone else's incompetence/sadism. gonk Same with that army worms game.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:36 pm
-Zephyrotica-
Betman
-Zephyrotica-
Betman
-Zephyrotica-
Betman
gonk

Haha, I couldn't do the Bottom of the Well/Shadow Temple as a kid (You know, for such frightening imagery in the dungeons, funny how the bosses were nothing but lulz). I couldn't even get the Sun's Song or go through Hyrule Castle Town, I was that scared of ReDeads. I had to either get my stepdad to do it, have all my bottles filled with fairies, or detour.

I still don't like ReDeads. But now it's because they cause paralysis, thus inconveniencing me. mad SO I KILL THEM EXTRA HARD.

EDIT: @'Llegro: I had nightmares about being a Lemming and sent to my death through someone else's incompetence/sadism. gonk
O god. I STILL hate redeads too. ******** scary ********. they scream at you and dont' afraid of anything but the sun  

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

Boadicia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:48 pm
I was about 5 or 6. The NES had just come out and was the hottest thing. I was expecting to get one for Christmas. I went to bed all excited . . . and woke up to find my sister and cousins already playing Super Mario Bros. I was miffed.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:00 pm
Betman
O god. I STILL hate redeads too. ******** scary ********. they scream at you and dont' afraid of anything but the sun
As soon as Majora's Mask came out, they stopped being so scary.  

5ir Psycho 5exy

misternitsua

IRL Feeder

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:01 pm
@the poll: I was reading before I turned 2. I believe it may have been partially attributed to gaming at a very young age, since I could hold a controller, my parents say.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:02 pm
-Zephyrotica-
Betman
As soon as Majora's Mask came out, they stopped being so scary.
Wow. That's just. Wow.  

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:12 pm
misternitsua
@the poll: I was reading before I turned 2. I believe it may have been partially attributed to gaming at a very young age, since I could hold a controller, my parents say.
I had started learning before I'd been introduced, but video games gave me a rather large vocabulary and (surprisingly, since I was playing mostly Squaresoft games) a very good sense of spelling. Also, I could count to 1000 before kindergarten. It took me 3 days, but I did it. Probably from coin collection.

And soccer moms say video games rot your brain. rolleyes

@Betman: I know. I had a giggle fit. xd  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas