Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Mittalmar - Original Archives
The Twins in Tolkien's World... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which Twins do you wish you knew more about?
Amrod/Amras
25%
 25%  [ 8 ]
Elrond/Elros
25%
 25%  [ 8 ]
Elladan/Elrohir
40%
 40%  [ 13 ]
Folcred/Fastred
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 32

Falathrim

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:13 pm
Okay, forgot about the actual subject. I wish I knew more about Elrond/Elros.

...okay, just Elros.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:58 pm
I wish I knew more about Amdrod and Amras. Everyone has to love Feanors sons! Even if they are a bunch of scoundrels!  

ADubiousSource

TenshinoHikari

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:46 pm
*looking at poll* I knew I should have added an other sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:24 am
I know this will shock and surprise you stare Elladan and Elrohir. I've scoured the appendices and books and have gone to every credible (and honestly non-credible sweatdrop ) site. They are my favorite characters created by Tolkien which may sound absurd to some because they weren't terribly important to the grand scheme of things and there is so little written about them but they fascinate me. I want to know about their upbringing, their personalities, their time with the rangers, their struggles with what happened to their mother, more about their participation in the WotR, their fates, how long did they stay in ME and did they eventually leave? I'm think I'm right in saying they made the same decision whatever it may be, although some beg to differ because of Elrond and Elros...then there were all the questions of the relationship with their father because he was a twin who's twin chose a different path so that would have a whole spin on how they were brought up-his beliefs on whether twins should stick together or be their own people-I think they should be both although correct me because I'm not a twin... sweatdrop Life in Rivendell, their relationship with Arwen and Aragorn, their grandparents....there is so much I want to know...Sorry for rambling... sweatdrop  

Nolah de Fanel

Starlit Jewel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:52 pm
Elladan and Elrohir. Definately.

I think it's because of... well, every reason that Nolah just said! sweatdrop It's just that they have so much to offer as characters and we just don't know... well, almost anything about them.

though all of the other options are very tempting too, especially Elrond and Elros...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:09 am
starlit_jewel

I think it's because of... well, every reason that Nolah just said! sweatdrop It's just that they have so much to offer as characters and we just don't know... well, almost anything about them.

though all of the other options are very tempting too, especially Elrond and Elros...

Have you gone to the Elladan and Elrohir thread in the LOTR Subforum? We'd love any insight you have...nope I'm not plugging at all.  

Nolah de Fanel

Starlit Jewel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:03 pm
Nolah
starlit_jewel

Have you gone to the Elladan and Elrohir thread in the LOTR Subforum? We'd love any insight you have...nope I'm not plugging at all.

There's an Elladan and Elrohir thread?! biggrin Why didn't I know about this?!?!?!? *rushes off to find it*  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:46 pm
Oh! OH!

When I first checked, I knew someone was missing, but I couldn't figure out who. But now I remember! And I'm going to make a useless post just because! You forgot Elured and Elurin! The twin sons of Dior that were about seven years old when the Feanorians left them to starve in the vast woods of Doriath!

I always imagine one of the two boys dying and the other one staring and crying for help not really understanding what happened to the other but no one can hear because they're in the middle of nowhere and then the living one just kind of falls down and goes to sleep and never wakes up and wow I hate Feanor and his sons.

Don't mind me, it's 1:00 in the morning and I'm always like this late at night you know. razz

I'm gonna look at this post in the morning and wonder what the hell I was thinking, aren't I?  

Falathrim

treythea

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:00 am
Falathrim
Oh! OH!

When I first checked, I knew someone was missing, but I couldn't figure out who. But now I remember! And I'm going to make a useless post just because! You forgot Elured and Elurin! The twin sons of Dior that were about seven years old when the Feanorians left them to starve in the vast woods of Doriath!

I always imagine one of the two boys dying and the other one staring and crying for help not really understanding what happened to the other but no one can hear because they're in the middle of nowhere and then the living one just kind of falls down and goes to sleep and never wakes up and wow I hate Feanor and his sons.

Don't mind me, it's 1:00 in the morning and I'm always like this late at night you know. razz

I'm gonna look at this post in the morning and wonder what the hell I was thinking, aren't I?

...probably.

But I like them pair... love to know more about them, too. sad But don't have Maedhros. He went to look for them. <3

Er, fangirl-ism aside, I think detail about any and most of the elves (and halfelves) would rawk... Tolkien didn't seem to like detail. sad  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:55 am
Oh he liked detail well enough. I just think that when it came to stories in The Silmarillion he ran out of time.  

TenshinoHikari

Bluering Bearer

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:33 pm
Menegil
Folcredo and Fastredo.

<.<

>.>

What?

Awwww. You all are so lucky. Folcredo/Fastredo are in ROTK ? Where ? In the appendixes ? We don't have them in french edition !!! crying gonk damn editors. If they are not in the appendixes...well...it's not normal that I didn't notice them.

So, to speak about the topic, probably Elladan and Elrohir. And I wish to learn more about Elros, but not Elrond.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:35 pm
I think Elros would be interesting to learn more about, I would also like to see why he chose to be a human.  

Shadowwolf0808

The Pre-Raphaelite

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:15 am
Amras/Amrod
because you nothing not much more than their names, and I'd like to know more about their characters, their relationship to their father and their brothers etc. etc. The curse of Feanor and its consequences is the most interesting part of the Silmarillion in my opinion and Amras & Amrod are kind of unexplored territory of this topic.

And I'd like to know more about Elrond and Elros. Elrond is one of my favourite characters and I want to know more about his youth, his relationship to his brother and the reasons why he chose eternal life and Elros chose mortality.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:48 pm
Well since I a book-Elrond fangirl, yes fangirl. I'd say I want to know more about Elrond and Elros, I already know a bit about them.  

Gussumaru Kenji

Falathrim

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:38 pm
Bauglir
Amras/Amrod
because you nothing not much more than their names, and I'd like to know more about their characters, their relationship to their father and their brothers etc. etc. The curse of Feanor and its consequences is the most interesting part of the Silmarillion in my opinion and Amras & Amrod are kind of unexplored territory of this topic.

We do know that Feanor burned the youngest of his twin sons alive.  
Mittalmar - Original Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff