Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Pokemon Platinum (U) Avalible for ROM already? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rhed King

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:35 am
Pokemans games are too easy, especially ones that have Parasect in them.

Parasect uses put-you-to-sleep-100%-of-the-time.

opponent is asleep.

Parasect assasinates you.

parasect wins....again.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:18 pm
Rhed King
Pokemans games are too easy

Oh? I dare you to play Diamond and Pearl without using the starter and only using a single Pokemon.  

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:52 pm
The ROM has been out for a while, like 7 months I think. So its not that we could download it since it came out today, but played it and beat it all at once.

I for one am going to get Platinum with my DSi.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:02 pm
Rhed King
Pokemans games are too easy, especially ones that have Parasect in them.

Parasect uses put-you-to-sleep-100%-of-the-time.

opponent is asleep.

Parasect assasinates you.

parasect wins....again.

I dare you to play platinum with only two bidoofs (first is an HM slave second you choose)  

Prince Noir

3,000 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Rhed King

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:43 pm
Well ok, just level the biduffs, no problem

without a reasonably attainable level cap*cough not 100* the game has no strategy, cause eventually, the high enough level will let you win.

the only good pokemans game (in terms of difficulty) was silver/gold, since you had to have lvl 80 or so pokemanz, and not wanting to spend that long, you had to actually think about it.

and even then it's just a fancied up rock paper scissors.

I'm not saying the games are bad, i've had fun with them, but they're not complicated enough to really get me interested.

i've heard only a few things about battle tower, and my most recent game is ruby/sapphire, so perhaps the games have gotten better.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:22 pm
Rhed King

without a reasonably attainable level cap*cough not 100* the game has no strategy, cause eventually, the high enough level will let you win.

the only good pokemans game (in terms of difficulty) was silver/gold, since you had to have lvl 80 or so pokemanz, and not wanting to spend that long, you had to actually think about it.

I'm not saying the games are bad, i've had fun with them, but they're not complicated enough to really get me interested.

i've heard only a few things about battle tower, and my most recent game is ruby/sapphire, so perhaps the games have gotten better.

Agreed, Silver/Gold/Crystal were definitely the best. But, knowing your love for strategy, there's been an added layer of complexity in the transition from R/S/E to D/P/Pt. See, instead of the type of move determining the reliance on Attack or Special Attack, the move itself will be assigned Physical, Special, or Support. While not completely turning thins on their heads, it does make things more interesting, and opens up new options while at the same time closing down many others. For instance, your horrifyingly good Chimecho might not have quite as much of an impact. Plus, if you just catch what seems awesome and not necessarily what is awesome, it's a lot more fun. Currently, I'm replaying Sapphire, and I tell you, raising a Surskit from the ground up is difficult, especially with the ridiculously low amount of HP it has. It's much more fun to work with what you have, and not with whatever comes your way, too. In this Sapphire run, I've resigned myself to work with six specific 'mons, and nothing else. It makes for a challenge to get past certain Gyms (the Water Gym is going to come down on my a** so hard xd ), and you end up realizing that you could have covered your bases a little better, but you can only do so much. As I've related to you before, a well-placed Rollout has taken out my entire team. xd
Armed with this knowledge, I implore you to buy Platinum and take the so-called Six-'Mon challenge. It definitely has it's ups and downs, let me tell you.

See this wall of text, kids who think they know what a proper rant is? This is nothing. Take note, kiddies.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to add that the way I usually play during my first time through a Pokemon game, I'm hideously underleveled. In Diamond, I was forced to beat the League Champion's Lv 70 'mons with my Lv 50 'mons. 'Twas tough.  

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:37 pm
Rhed King

You've obviously never played anyone good. confused

Pokemon has an enormous amount of strategy, anyone can just beat the game, but beating real people is 10 times harder.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:48 am
yeah, I've never even played against anyone.

again no diamond or pearl  

Rhed King

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:06 am
I'll leave my emulators to otherwise unattainable games, kthnks. Like Tingle.

Gonna git me that copy of Platinum, after the DSi.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:11 pm
Rhed King
yeah, I've never even played against anyone.

again no diamond or pearl

Well, go get Platinum, now that it's out.  

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers