Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
So, why are you unafraid of dying? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:12 pm
Animals are born, they grow, they eat, give birth, and later eventually die.

Trees are bare in the winter, they bear leaves in the spring as though the green matter is thier children, and when the autumn comes thier leaves brown and die.

Flowers come from buds, and bloom into beautiful blossoms, and later wilt and die.

Death is like a beautiful flower. It is wonderful to conscious of the beauty around you, for life is a beautiful thing. With live comes the wilting of health, and eventual death.

Animals die, leaves die, beautiful flowers wilt, thier petals fall, and the existance of a blossom dies.

We are just a blossom, why be afraid of what must come? Even planets will die, stars will die........death is a natural thing.

That is why I do not fear it. Why fear something so natural?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:23 pm
Sanguvixen
Animals are born, they grow, they eat, give birth, and later eventually die.

Trees are bare in the winter, they bear leaves in the spring as though the green matter is thier children, and when the autumn comes thier leaves brown and die.

Flowers come from buds, and bloom into beautiful blossoms, and later wilt and die.

Death is like a beautiful flower. It is wonderful to conscious of the beauty around you, for life is a beautiful thing. With live comes the wilting of health, and eventual death.

Animals die, leaves die, beautiful flowers wilt, thier petals fall, and the existance of a blossom dies.

We are just a blossom, why be afraid of what must come? Even planets will die, stars will die........death is a natural thing.

That is why I do not fear it. Why fear something so natural?

Nature can be rather ruthless from time to time.  

MightyHikaru

Mechanism

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:25 am
MightyHikaru

Quite right, my good man, nature does not have any ruth.
Actually though, I demand that nature not be personified.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:42 am
Mechanism
MightyHikaru

Demand all you want, but I personified it.

The religious want to beleive that they are superior, they don't feel all comfy with the idea that humans are animals too.

To accept that we too are just animals, would mean that there is no life after death, because they assume that animals don't have souls.

;laughs softly; We all live the life of a flower, we want to shine the brighest, make the biggest impact among all the other blossoms, and last longer than the others.

When we get older, some of us try to hold onto that feeling of youth. Why not embrace the fact that you are getting older? Embrace the wilting beauty, and hold you're head high.

I don't understand why people fear death, or getting old. Being old is proof that we did something right in our life to be here today.

Death is natural. It happens in the wild, and it happens in our techno jungles of concrete, steel, wire, and dead wood.

We just live in a different jungle than all the other animals do.

Sanguvixen

[Lucas]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:06 pm
Sanguvixen
Mechanism
MightyHikaru

Demand all you want, but I personified it.

The religious want to beleive that they are superior, they don't feel all comfy with the idea that humans are animals too.

To accept that we too are just animals, would mean that there is no life after death, because they assume that animals don't have souls.

;laughs softly; We all live the life of a flower, we want to shine the brighest, make the biggest impact among all the other blossoms, and last longer than the others.

When we get older, some of us try to hold onto that feeling of youth. Why not embrace the fact that you are getting older? Embrace the wilting beauty, and hold you're head high.

I don't understand why people fear death, or getting old. Being old is proof that we did something right in our life to be here today.

Death is natural. It happens in the wild, and it happens in our techno jungles of concrete, steel, wire, and dead wood.

We just live in a different jungle than all the other animals do.

Very well-said.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:52 pm
That's very poetic, but I call that euphemism. We may be animals, but there's no sense in compare ourselves to other animals. And being old definetly wouldn't necessarily mean we did something right on our youth, it just means you managed to keep breathing for so long.

As good as a book may be, it has to come to an end, and you'll miss what it made you feel once you finish it. The end is natural, but that doesn't make it a good thing. The very word "end" has a sad ring to it, in a way.

But like I said, it's very soon to be asking me if I fear death. Today I don't, but I might -- and probably will -- someday.  

MightyHikaru

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:22 am
My reason is about as unpoetic as can be.

Cause I won't be around to notice just how bad it sucks.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:55 am
MightyHikaru
That's very poetic, but I call that euphemism. We may be animals, but there's no sense in compare ourselves to other animals. And being old definetly wouldn't necessarily mean we did something right on our youth, it just means you managed to keep breathing for so long.

As good as a book may be, it has to come to an end, and you'll miss what it made you feel once you finish it. The end is natural, but that doesn't make it a good thing. The very word "end" has a sad ring to it, in a way.

But like I said, it's very soon to be asking me if I fear death. Today I don't, but I might -- and probably will -- someday.

Don't tell that. I'm a fox fur and you won't get anywhere telling me that comparing humans to animals is pointless.

With every Hello there is a Goodbye. With every good video game, there will be the final boss acompanied by triumph when you beat it, and sadness that you no longer have the enjoyment of figuring out how to get to the next part of the game.

Have you not seen the thread in the GD asking wether or animals are better than humans?

Humans waste their lives away with insignificant folly. We argue our artificial beliefs, and deal with the artificial problems that we create for ourselves.

We live an artificial existance to satisfy our complex and oversized egos.

Animals are born. Some animals are born and then eaten by a predator. Some animals avoid the predator and reach adulthood. Those animals survive and give birth for the next generation. In that process they learn to understand thier environment so that they can survive.

They live along side thier environment. The don't group together and try to wipe out thier predators. They don't build walls to keep the bugs out of thier fur.

Stupidity in the animal word is a death sentance. It is literally a Dog eat Dog world out there. The animals seems to run as fast as they can just to stay where they are.

Death is what happens to the ones who don't cope, the ones who make a wrong choice, or the ones that have genes insufficent to survive.

Humans are so stupid. They have created this artificial existance that protects themselves from natural occurances. Stupid people make very stupid decisions, and everyone else has to pay for thier idiocy.

Getting in a car while drunk and ending up in a accident that has you a bloody mangled mess yet barely alife is akin to a Zebra walking right into a pack of lions that it knows is there.

The drunk is taken by an ambulence and they might survive, although thier life will be changed, and they may never walk again.

The Zebra that gets slashed up and manages a lucky escape has no 911 number to call. Chances are the wounds will get infected, and the creature will die days later. It is the scavangers that swoop upon the carcass that rid it from the world.

The Zebra never spent its life debating religion, and politics. It lived as nature meant it to be.

Humans try to feel superior to animals. You cannot oppose nature. The idiots who build the system to keep New Orleans afloat ought to have learned that by now.

The idiots who spend so much money replentishing the sand on the beaches so that bigger idiots could enjoy a sea-side view should have learned that. The last hurricane swept thier effort out to sea.

Nature controls us, we are at mercy to her hurricanes, thundestorms, earthquakes, flash-floods, tornados, droughts, mud-slides, typhoons, blizzards, and forest fires.

Haven't you noticed? All this technolgy and we still can only predict the weather accurately only a few days ahead at time.

Yet animals have had inborn abilities to predict weather for centuries, they don't need fancy equipment, hand waving geeks, or graphs to tell what weather we are going to have today.

Perhaps the fact that we have distanced themselves from reality, and nature is what makes humans fear death.

We are stuck on this everchanging rock, we flee before mother-nature's wrath, and still we are arrogent enough to think that we are better than other animals.

There is a reason why animals don't fear death. Is it because they are not arrogent snots running around preaching that a Divine Being made them superior, or is because some choose to live in the trees, rather than cut them down and make homes out of them.

To better understand human Fallacy, you most first compare them to other animals.

Sanguvixen

MightyHikaru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:00 pm
Sanguvixen
Don't tell that. I'm a fox fur and you won't get anywhere telling me that comparing humans to animals is pointless.

You're a... what?

Sanguvixen
With every Hello there is a Goodbye. With every good video game, there will be the final boss acompanied by triumph when you beat it, and sadness that you no longer have the enjoyment of figuring out how to get to the next part of the game.

Underlined the reason to fear death.

Sanguvixen
Have you not seen the thread in the GD asking wether or animals are better than humans?

Nope, I don't go to GD. I'm an EDer, but I rarely even go there now.

Sanguvixen
Humans waste their lives away with insignificant folly. We argue our artificial beliefs, and deal with the artificial problems that we create for ourselves.

We live an artificial existance to satisfy our complex and oversized egos.

Animals are born. Some animals are born and then eaten by a predator. Some animals avoid the predator and reach adulthood. Those animals survive and give birth for the next generation. In that process they learn to understand thier environment so that they can survive.

They live along side thier environment. The don't group together and try to wipe out thier predators. They don't build walls to keep the bugs out of thier fur.

Stupidity in the animal word is a death sentance. It is literally a Dog eat Dog world out there. The animals seems to run as fast as they can just to stay where they are.

Death is what happens to the ones who don't cope, the ones who make a wrong choice, or the ones that have genes insufficent to survive.

Humans are so stupid. They have created this artificial existance that protects themselves from natural occurances. Stupid people make very stupid decisions, and everyone else has to pay for thier idiocy.

Getting in a car while drunk and ending up in a accident that has you a bloody mangled mess yet barely alife is akin to a Zebra walking right into a pack of lions that it knows is there.

The drunk is taken by an ambulence and they might survive, although thier life will be changed, and they may never walk again.

The Zebra that gets slashed up and manages a lucky escape has no 911 number to call. Chances are the wounds will get infected, and the creature will die days later. It is the scavangers that swoop upon the carcass that rid it from the world.

The Zebra never spent its life debating religion, and politics. It lived as nature meant it to be.

Humans try to feel superior to animals. You cannot oppose nature. The idiots who build the system to keep New Orleans afloat ought to have learned that by now.

The idiots who spend so much money replentishing the sand on the beaches so that bigger idiots could enjoy a sea-side view should have learned that. The last hurricane swept thier effort out to sea.

Nature controls us, we are at mercy to her hurricanes, thundestorms, earthquakes, flash-floods, tornados, droughts, mud-slides, typhoons, blizzards, and forest fires.

Haven't you noticed? All this technolgy and we still can only predict the weather accurately only a few days ahead at time.

Yet animals have had inborn abilities to predict weather for centuries, they don't need fancy equipment, hand waving geeks, or graphs to tell what weather we are going to have today.

Perhaps the fact that we have distanced themselves from reality, and nature is what makes humans fear death.

We are stuck on this everchanging rock, we flee before mother-nature's wrath, and still we are arrogent enough to think that we are better than other animals.

There is a reason why animals don't fear death. Is it because they are not arrogent snots running around preaching that a Divine Being made them superior, or is because some choose to live in the trees, rather than cut them down and make homes out of them.

To better understand human Fallacy, you most first compare them to other animals.

(I'm just gonna comment on the whole block now)
Now, really, this just made me laugh. There is a reason why animals don't fear death: it's not because they're beautiful and pure -- they are not RATIONAL. Simple, eh? They know that they're alive, they know when their mommy gets killed by whoever, but they don't have the concept of a lifetime.

And, really, you did something here that annoys the crap outta me. Extreme generalization. Namely:
Well, first off, when you refer to "humans", say "we", not "they", because you're not a fox, or whatever you claim to be; you're a human being, whether you like it or not. That is to say, you're calling yourself stupid as well. And also means that you're calling humans idiots because some assholes that hold the cards decide to bring genocide upon some forest you'll never see (and neither will them).

You said that humans cannot oppose nature and alluded to the New Orleans incident. Well, I reserve myself to declare shenanigans upon your statement. The only way to avoid that would be to CONTROL nature, which no animal can do. Yeah, some animals can feel the movement on the ground or a change in the wind and prepare to some eventuality. Maybe we can't do that, but here's what we got in return: the ability to THINK. Yes, think! It's what making your praise the nature right now. Otherwise you'd be just walking around looking for food or a place to take a nap.

And I agree with you, we have done terrible things to the planet, and still do. And as much as animals don't do any of that, I wouldn't go as far as saying they are better. As a matter of fact, why the hell does there have to be a "better" one. Animals are animal, we're rational, they're not. Period. In fact, this concept of better and worse comes from your human mind. Animals don't think they're better.

And, after that huge digressing, back to fear of death. As poetic as you make it sound, animals don't fear death because they're not rational, as I stressed several times in this single post. That's it and that's all. If you think animals are better and want to be like them, hit yourself repeadetly on the head until all you can think is "want food", "want water" and "need sleep".  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:15 pm
Every beginning has an end blah blah blah. I'm not going to go off on that common tangent with some meaningless poem.

I just see it that the whole Afterlife BS came about as people were afraid to lose that sorely wasted cognitive ability and the conciousness linked to it. Nobody wants that to be a temporary deal but hell, everything ends sooner or later. Why can't I end?

I'll be glad when I'm gone because I won't have the will to care either way. Existance is about as important as torn plastic.  

Phaeton

Napoleon_Danneskjold

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:58 pm
Because I refuse to die. There is nothing in death, death is thus nothing, and there is therefore no alternative to life  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:20 am
MightyHikaru do you not realize how foolish you sound?

You take my saying I'm a fox fur too literally. If you don't know about the furry subculture than I will tell you. About the subgroup I am a part of.

Some people meet other people and in order to figure out thier likes and personalities they either get to know the person, or ask them.

The are some people "Like me" who look at distinct differences in several animals and note thier "personalities" Such as preference of food, the way they eat the food, thier preference of temperature, what time of the day the are most active...yada yada yada...the list goes on.

My personality happens to closely relate the habits and preferences of a fox, therefore I am a fox furry. If I RP on line I am a Fox Furry. If I tell other furries that I am a "Clumsy Fox" it gives them an imeediate and accurate idea of who I am opposed to asking many questions.

Furthermore there is also a bit of giddyness and sillness involved in being a fur. Sometimes my friends and I greet each other with an animal sound, and we are trustful of each other, and we protect the members of our pack as you might call it.

Along with being a furry comes thoughts that others might be uncomfortable with. We tend to look at humans and other animals and compare the pro's and con's.

We look at being human as being just a tailess animal. So sometimes we dress up and wear handmade tail out in public....because it is nice to be able to be silly like that an not be ashamed of it either.

As a Fox Fur I look at the differences between humans and other animals, and have long since concluded that humanity is a very stupid race of creature.

You say that other animals are incapable of emotion. I say you need to do a bit of research. Animals can express emotion. A lioness will grieve at the loss of her cubs. She shows many behaviors that she will only show at the death of a young one.

The death of a member of a Lion Pride can have a significant effect on the stability of the pride. When humans kill off several members of lion prides at once, the unusually large loss creates a psychological impact that has in one instance made a Female Lion overtake and mistake a infant Oryx as a cub, and treat it as one.

She neglected her own health to watch and care for the infant, slowly killing it in the process because it was being starved of it's mother's milk. It was human actions that shattered her life, and as an emotional comfort she confusingly adopted a infant prey item as her own.

It is known that among wolve packs, the birth of a infant is a cause of excitement among the group. Even other rival wolf packs will not harm the infant, and they too can feel the same excitement. The adults become hyper and giddy, as they are happy for the new arrival.

Anyone who assumes that humans are the only animals capible of what we consider "Human emotions" are badly mistaken. We group these emotions as belonging humans because we have a voice box that allows us to talk and we live in a highly social environment. It is also because we are very stupid.

There are other social packs of animals out there. They don't have the ability to speak our langauge. They don't have opposable thumbs, does that make them stupid? Does that make them irrational? Perhaps they can talk, but we pathetic humans cannot understand them.

Yes I say we...because all humans are pathetic in thier existance on this giant rock.

Animals fight to stay alive. I imply that only Humans feel fear of death because, unlike other animals, humans give names to abstract things.

You cannot hand me fear on a plate, or love on a platter. There is no real proof that these "emotions" exist at all.

Feeling that a ghost is around is not concrete enough. Other humans feel the need for concrete proof such as photographs.

It comes down to the difference between need and want. We need to drink water, but we want to feel loved. Love is an abstract emotion.

The want of love is not a survival necessity. Yet humans place great emphesis on it. Some go as far as demanding that children when grown up must get married.

Fear is just one of those nonexistance emotions. The ability to "Feel" something abstract does not make us rational, if at all it makes us irrational.

As for my reference to New Orleans...why don't you get it? Humans feel the want to build homes where hurricane activity will exist at least once ever 10 years or so.

We want to live on the ocean front. But do we need to? No....but we still build. Hurricanes still come and tear the property apart, and we still rebuild the property. Hurricanes and the action of the waves erode the beaches as they have dones so since the beginning of time.

Us foolish little humans think that our Machina can protect us and our property from the weather. Those pump systems are an example of human fallacy.

Some humans feel an insane sense of power to be able to create a huge skyscraper. So what? You used you're thumbs, and your oversized ego to make this big metal thing to touch the sky. What is the point?

If mother nature wants to take the delta that is New Orleans away, than who are we pathetic humans to stop her? Oh exuse me? We'll stop the water from flooding the place using pumps? Pumps? How foolish.

I do feel sorry for those people who died, and the ones who live with great loss, but they were the ones who chose to live in an area that was held up by machines.

Machines are no match for nature. Get it in you're head people.

I live in virginia because I live in my parents house. They house in not far from the bay.

I get tired of hearing about hurricanes, tired of the worry.....all for something that we know is going to come anyway? Flash-Floods and Tornados are not predictable, but Hurricanes are...even if our attemps are puny...we still know. I don't want to have to scurry away from my home and hope that my house isn't damaged too much.

Why not move away from the ocean? Away from the damned hurricanes?

In order to understand Death...or the feeling of "Fear" of Death is to understand humans. The only way to get a clear understanding(As I have said earlier) is to compare humans to other similar animals. Such as Lions, and Wolves, that live in complex societies. Hyenas live as a pack. Meercats live as a pack. Ring-Tailed Lemurs live as a pack.

Elephents grieve the loss of a member. Females are known to stay with a dying member even after the body passes on, and they may be relunctant to leave the corpse.

Animals can and will greive the "Death of a member".....when a meercat is bady injured the rest of group display behavior that suggest concern.

Fear of Death makes humans irrational. Placing so much on this abstract society makes humans irrational.

I will not argue with you Hikaru if you are unwilling to see the difference between need and want, abstract and tangible, and the way it applies to the difference between humans and other animals. Because the relevence is so obvious. It is glaringly obvious.

We are a society ruled by wants, and we as humans are possessed by our own possesions. We are a society that thinks that we are better than every other animal society out there.

We greive over loss of live, and loss of possesions that were not necessities.

Am I saying I am above other humans for seeing this? No....because I am just as horrible as the rest. I am possessed by my own dragon collection, and I live an abstract social life through the internet.

I eat food that I did not have to work for, and I would be most upset if all three of my gaming systems were to stop working at once, and my cd collection were to get stolen.

I don't fear death. I am not that illogical. Yet you keep calling my words poetic. Is that a way of deflecting you're ability to understand me? I did not mean for any of my posts to be poetic in any way.

As far as I am concerned you Hikaru are not that mighty. I don't make my posts complex, my point is easy to understand. Taking my post and quoting each little thing won't help you live up to you're screen name.

BTW Phaeton, I liked how you put that "Existance is as important as torn plastic." I'll want to remember that because it is well put.

Sanguvixen

MightyHikaru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:00 pm
lol
I made up this screen name three years ago in a Go (a chinese board game) playing server. When I first started playing, as a matter of fact (that is to say, I was far from mighty). But I like it.

And you know what? I happen to agree with a lot of things you say. I do agree that we are destroying the planet. As a matter of fact, I happen to be part of the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement ( http://www.vhemt.org ).

Oh, and just for the record, if you go back to my previous post, you'll notice that in no possible way I said that animals had no emotions; I said that they were IRRATIONAL. They can't analise, they don't have the notion of logic, and so on. Being that they are not able to perform critical thinking, they can't critisize their own species and wish they were of another one. But, hey, maybe that's a good thing.

So, even when I agree with some of your points, I don't go around blatantly yelling over the human "fallacy", or how humans are stupid. SOME humans -- most of us, really -- are, but not all. And you, my friend, are being one of the most hypocritical of them, as you pointed out yourself. You preach the human fallacy and, yet, you depend very much on the human machinery. You claim to defend nature, to love nature and, yet, you try to deny your OWN human nature, wishing you were of some other species.

And it's funny how you diss human emotions (calling them irrational) right after saying that animals have emotions too. Or maybe that's just me.

Humans are the stupid scum of the earth. So what are you gonna do about it? That's right, you're gonna keep living just like the rest of us, except you'll be wearing a fake tail and dissing humanity. Keep up the good work. Sorry I wasn't aware of your "subculture", by the way.

No, your posts are not hard to understand (they're just hard to READ, with the small paragraphs and centralized text, which could point out a possible interest on poetry on your side, but I digress). They do, however, sound poetic, when you talk of death making comparisons to the beatiful life cycle of nature, sunflowers and whatnot. Death is the end, simple as that. The end of all good, as well as all bad. If you like your life as it is now, being afraid of death isn't illogical; it's just normal.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:06 pm
MightyHikaru
lol
I made up this screen name three years ago in a Go (a chinese board game) playing server. When I first started playing, as a matter of fact (that is to say, I was far from mighty). But I like it.

And you know what? I happen to agree with a lot of things you say. I do agree that we are destroying the planet. As a matter of fact, I happen to be part of the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement ( http://www.vhemt.org ).

Oh, and just for the record, if you go back to my previous post, you'll notice that in no possible way I said that animals had no emotions; I said that they were IRRATIONAL. They can't analise, they don't have the notion of logic, and so on. Being that they are not able to perform critical thinking, they can't critisize their own species and wish they were of another one. But, hey, maybe that's a good thing.

This is what you said Hikaru: As poetic as you make it sound, animals don't fear death because they're not rational..... To me you are saying that animals are incapable of emotion because they are not rational.

So, even when I agree with some of your points, I don't go around blatantly yelling over the human "fallacy", or how humans are stupid. SOME humans -- most of us, really -- are, but not all. And you, my friend, are being one of the most hypocritical of them, as you pointed out yourself. You preach the human fallacy and, yet, you depend very much on the human machinery. You claim to defend nature, to love nature and, yet, you try to deny your OWN human nature, wishing you were of some other species.

I never said that I wished I was a Fox. Did I? Are you telling me you are incapable of telling the difference between reality, and imagination?

Yes I believe humans are stupid. I am not being hypocritical. I know that I depend on Machina just as much as other people do including you. So what do I do?

I cannot shut myself up in some jungle, I wasn't born there, I have no knowledge of how to survive there, it is where I do not belong.

There is no option to not live in the Techno Jungle. I only ensure that I waste little, conserve electricity, recycle, and cut down on the waste of water in my parents household.

And it's funny how you diss human emotions (calling them irrational) right after saying that animals have emotions too. Or maybe that's just me.

Personification deals with giving animals human like characterstics. I feel that such a view is irrational. Since when is abstract emotions a human thing? It is merely foolish to beleive that only humans are capable of what we call "Emotions"

Humans are the stupid scum of the earth. So what are you gonna do about it? That's right, you're gonna keep living just like the rest of us, except you'll be wearing a fake tail and dissing humanity. Keep up the good work. Sorry I wasn't aware of your "subculture", by the way.

So is that meant to be saracastic? Too bad us furries have an incredible amount of creativity. We can imagine and dream of a world that lives as it is meant to be. I only diss how humanity is so arragont to think that they are superior. Human Perfection and Superiority is an idealogy that has been helped along by the creation of religion and fake gods.

Assuming that we die and our souls to go to heaven is away of trying to establish humans superior to to all other animals. The thought that animals are mere fodder for human desire is sickening.

Have you forgotten that for the longest time people refused to believe animals would go extinct, because they assumed that thier "Divine Creator" would never let his creations die completely. Yet in complete hypocrisy of this view is the idea that one day thier "God" Will release his omni-potent wrath, and all those who don't beleive in him will be sent to burn in an eternal hell.

No, your posts are not hard to understand (they're just hard to READ, with the small paragraphs and centralized text, which could point out a possible interest on poetry on your side, but I digress). They do, however, sound poetic, when you talk of death making comparisons to the beatiful life cycle of nature, sunflowers and whatnot. Death is the end, simple as that. The end of all good, as well as all bad. If you like your life as it is now, being afraid of death isn't illogical; it's just normal.

My first posts were casual. In casual posts I do sound a tad bit poetic.

Why do I used Centralized Text and Small Paragraphs? Because I tend to type out a lot, and it makes it easier on the eyes. One long paragraph can make the mind wander, and some will just shun from reading it.

No one else has complained about my style of posting so I don't understand why you should.

Sanguvixen

MightyHikaru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:09 pm
Alright, here we go again. So, you made an assumption on my comment on irrationality, right? And an erroneous one, too. I never said that they can't feel emotions (again). I am aware that the feel when a member of the pack dies and all that. But if you go back again to my post, you see that, right after saying that animals (other than humans, by the way) are irrational, they have no concept of life and death. They know that they're living and they know when one of them dies. But they can't rationalize that one day they'll end up six feet under. So, how the hell can they fear something they don't know about?

Now, I assume that when you go around pretenting to be a fox, you'd sure wish to be one. But maybe that's just presumptuous of me. Apologies all around.

Nah, humans are not perfect. Not by the standarts we've set, at least -- that standart is god. All mighty, omnipotent, omniscient, omnicontradictive. We are not perfect, so we created god. And the concept of heaven is hardly an attempt to make humans feel superior to other animals; heaven was created BECAUSE of man's fear of death (or even, fear of the unknown).

Oh!, and silly me. If EVERYBODY else likes the way you write, I should like it too, right? Or maybe they're just being polite. Who knows. Let's just say I'm not very much of imitating the pack.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff