Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
******** Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rorick_Kintana

Conservative Lunatic

6,350 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:43 am
Simple test for those who want to know if they were infected with conficker during the supposed "outbreak", try and go to Microsoft.com or symantec.com, conficker is designed to block those sites, so it's easier to use this way to check if your infected than dragging out an entire anti virus scan.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:25 am

I'd never trust Symantec.

rolleyes Symantec's the creator of Norton, and that's proven to be one hell of a swissed cheese avp.

Simplistic-Tyranny

Vice Captain

Dangerous Nerd

Rorick_Kintana

Conservative Lunatic

6,350 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:39 am
I'm just saying that it's the easy way to see if your infected with conficker, because as said, it was designed to block those kinds of sites.

X.x I know, we have Norton. Not that you'd care(Though after seeing how you react to people on the day in the life of a mod, who know. X3): We have a home network because we have laptops for schoolwork, and the Norton 360's fire wall won't let us through the network to assess our stuff on hard drive, so we have to shut the fire wall off, but somehow, even after we turn the firewall settings to turn off until we turn it back on, a few hours later, the firewall is back on. I say that needs to be fixed. XP  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:48 am
Actually, when it comes to computers, I DO care, because I've been around them my entire life and know the basic ins and outs of them. <33

I say you get rid of Norton 360 and switch to Avast and Spybot Search and Destroy. :/

Simplistic-Tyranny

Vice Captain

Dangerous Nerd

Rorick_Kintana

Conservative Lunatic

6,350 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:46 am
I'll suggest it, but my parents have used Norton for the past nine years, and I doubt they'll change their trust. As for SB-SD, we have it.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:09 pm
Nothing is certain except for...

I have Norton too...

I've been told to use Avast by my friends but you do have to pay for Norton...

...Death, Taxes and Human Stupidity.

Epic Flawless

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers