View Results

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:32 am
As for most people, Mario 64 was my first game. It was quite stellar and gnarly and such, but I could never have enough patience or a big attention span to want to collect all the stars. Mario 64 is better then galaxy and sunshine I feel, but I feel the 2-D mario games take it to the curb.

I would agree though it is one of the best the 64 has to offer.

On a final note I think two player mode should be brought back for the next upcoming mario games, those lazy developers *shakes fist*

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:39 am
Super Cheesio
Galaxy > 64
Some say Galaxy is too easy compared to 64. I have 3 words for them: Luigi purple coins.

I wholeheartedly agree with the above statement.
Everything that was good about Mario 64 is even better in Galaxy. No screwy camera view either!  

melonkuma

The Awkwardest Turtle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:51 am
Super Cheesio
Galaxy > 64
Some say Galaxy is too easy compared to 64. I have 3 words for them: Luigi purple coins.

You are incorrect.

Sunshine > 64 > Galaxy

Galaxy (IN MY OPINION) has some levels that are way too easy, some levels that are COMPLETE BULLSHIT, and some levels that are perfect, and they're all spread around randomly.

Granted, there are far more easy ones than perfect ones and more perfect ones than bullshit ones, but that was still enough to make me want to not play it.

I prefer a few big levels with lots of stars to a lot of tiny levels with a few stars each anyway.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:42 am
I thought it was really good and really revolutionary for 3d platformers but it is far from "The Best Game Ever" so far for me "The Best Game Ever" is The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion  

Parkent

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:50 pm
Parkent
I thought it was really good and really revolutionary for 3d platformers but it is far from "The Best Game Ever" so far for me "The Best Game Ever" is The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Warning Warning Warning(played too much MMX cool
Long Post in List form

Tch

Can't we get past this already the best game is one everybody would have to agree on. Which is impossible. This just a general list get it? Got it? Good.

* Action game
* Action-adventure game
o Action role-playing game
o Stealth game
o Survival horror game
* Beat 'em up
* Fighting game
* Platform game
* Shooter game
o First-person shooter
o Light gun shooter
o Shoot 'em up
o Tactical shooter
o Third-person shooter
* Rhythm game
* Adventure game
* Dating sim
o Eroge
o Bishōjo game
o Otome game
* Escape the room
* Role-playing game
* Action RPG
* Massively multiplayer online RPG
o Comparison of MMORPGs
o History of MMORPGs
o List of free MMOGs
o List of MMORPGs
o List of text-based MMORPGs
o Social interaction in MMORPGs
* Roguelike
o Chronology of roguelikes
* Tactical RPG
o Chronology of tactical RPGs
* Simulation game
* Sports game
* Strategy game
* 4X
* Artillery game
* Real-time strategy
o Tower defense
* Real-time tactics
* Turn-based strategy
* Turn-based tactics
o Tactical role-playing game
* Wargame

Finally after that you have

* Arcade game
* Audio game
* Console game
* Handheld game
* Mobile game
* Online game
* Personal computer game

I sure some will say a FPS is the best. Please it is just that a FPS you see them coming out monthly with nothing innovative about them so uh no. So how good is a game's chances that it will be loved by all? About roughly the same as one of us winning the lottery.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:57 pm
Mario Sunshine wasn't as amazing as other titles, but it was innovative....  

otawara

Mukuchina Kurasu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:32 pm
I never played super mario 64 much for the 64 actually. But I Love it for the DS. The only mario game I got every single star/whatever for. Super mario sunshine I got little more then the requirment to fight bowser, and Galexy I got like... 3 stars....

But mario 64 is far from the best in my opinion, I don't have a single favorite game, but mario isn't one of my favorites.

it is, hovever, on my list of favorite DS games. Along with final fantasy IV, and zelda phantom hourglass.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:35 pm
I think Mario 64 was too schizophrenic in its atmosphere to ever draw me in. It was a series of unrelated levels without any common theme to hold them together. Sunshine and Galaxy had underwater, fire and ice levels as well, but they also managed to maintain a constant setting, like Sunshine's tropical island motif.

Also, Sunshine has severely underrated characterization. <3 Sunshine.  

Allegro

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:43 pm
While we can;t say SM64 is the BEST game, it still somewhat redefined Mario's gaming career.

I mean the first time ever in 3D is a pretty big step. And they carried it around nicely.

Think of it more as a... jumping point. In Sunshine, and in Galaxy they further imporved upon Mario's ventures in the 3D realm.

Like in Sunshine and Galaxy, remember how they improved Wall Jumping? In 64 you had to hit the button the split second Mario touches the wall, or else you'd be in for a big fall if you went too high. Now your desenct is slowed when you hug the wall, MMX-style.

I will admit that the parts that made no sense in the later two is that losing a race to the star/Shine sprite costs you a life... and that Yoshis, thet clearly inhabit an island can;t swim for the life of them... and there were no green ones unless you ran out of juice... but still it's all good.

As such, there are WAY too many games that I've played that I can discern as THE best.

But at least we can say that Galaxy isn't as HORRABLE as some may think.

Oh yeah, speaking of ******** you, Luigi's Purple Coins, ******** YOOOOUUU...

ESPECIALLY IN TOY TIME GALAXY!!!

No wonder Peach kept doling out 20 1-Ups each day.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:13 pm
The Awkwardest Turtle
dragn99
You are amateurish!
And there is no "best" game.

For that to happen, it would have to transcend all past, present, and future genres of gaming.

Psychonauts. BD

I kid. Mostly.

Woo! I love Psychonauts!! 8D Not that many people know about it, high five yo!! *raises hand for a high five*  

The Ice Maker

5,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

Orphie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:33 pm
My personal favorites are the Sly Cooper series, Psychonauts, Zelda: MM, Banjo Kazooie and Tooie, and a few others. For me, those are the best games ever. Super Mario 64 is damn fun, but I don't know if it's the very best.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:37 pm
Psychonauts has too much collecting for my liking.  

Waynebrizzle

Supa Puppeh1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:23 pm
Super Mario 64 is without question one of the greatest games ever made. However, Paper Mario 64 rivals it closely. I love that game (especially Parakarry).  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:36 am
I do like this game a lot! I played through it three times collecting 120 stars each go. Even though I liked the DS remake I had a lot of trouble playing it, I never felt I had as much control as I did with the original. Despite that the mini games for it were fabulous fun.  

Moleje

Rargon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:09 pm
Waynebrizzle
Super Mario 64 has camera issues and Ocarina of Time can be too sluggish.

That said, I LOVE both games.
Yeah, after awhile walking to the Castle,on foot,as Young Link, really hurts your finger after a "Hwile"  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff