Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:13 pm
Meta_Fish
I'm not sure if I believe this.
Yes, because they could totally libel a huge chain on the Internet -- with 'verified by a number of GameStop employees' every three phrases -- without getting sued to the point of shutdownery. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:26 pm
-Zephyrotica-
Meta_Fish
Yes, because they could totally libel a huge chain on the Internet -- with 'verified by a number of GameStop employees' every three phrases -- without getting sued to the point of shutdownery. rolleyes
o god how dare you have skepticism

Chill. I just don't know if I believe that this happens at all Gamestops around the nation.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:30 pm
Meta_Fish
-Zephyrotica-
Meta_Fish

Chill. I just don't know if I believe that this happens at all Gamestops around the nation.
If it happened at all of them, the FTC would likely have called them on it already. The mere fact that they have the policy in place is enough to raise question about spending your money there; how often, and in how many places, they do it is inconsequential. Doing it once is bad enough.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:33 pm
-Zephyrotica-
Meta_Fish
-Zephyrotica-
Meta_Fish

If it happened at all of them, the FTC would likely have called them on it already. The mere fact that they have the policy in place is enough to raise question about spending your money there; how often, and in how many places, they do it is inconsequential. Doing it once is bad enough.
I'm not saying it's not bad or that it's not atrocious, am I? I didn't think I was trying to get up in everyone's butt and say that they were all stupid for being offended.

Even if this was true, most of us will still end up shopping there anyway, just to save a few bucks on a game that's a few months old that's been played by someone else.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:39 pm
Meta_Fish
-Zephyrotica-
Meta_Fish
-Zephyrotica-
Meta_Fish

I'm not saying it's not bad or that it's not atrocious, am I? I didn't think I was trying to get up in everyone's butt and say that they were all stupid for being offended.

Even if this was true, most of us will still end up shopping there anyway, just to save a few bucks on a game that's a few months old that's been played by someone else.
Wow, do you guys really have that terrible of a game store selection in the US that you'd knowingly buy from a company that was ripping you off? confused I'd pay extra to get my games off the Internet before I supported a chain with a policy like this.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:43 pm
-Zephyrotica-
Meta_Fish
-Zephyrotica-
Meta_Fish
-Zephyrotica-
Meta_Fish

Wow, do you guys really have that terrible of a game store selection in the US that you'd knowingly buy from a company that was ripping you off? confused I'd pay extra to get my games off the Internet before I supported a chain with a policy like this.
It's either Gamestop or... EB Games. And they're the same thing. razz That's all that I know of, anyway. They only price games down five dollars if they're used anyway, unless they're from last generation or really terrible.

I don't really see the huge issue or difference in buying a new or used game. If the game is used and it doesn't work, return it. If the game is new and it doesn't work, return it. You'll get a replacement and you can be on your merry way. One comes in plastic covering?  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Polunareffu

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:48 pm
Wow that sucks. =/ Luckily UK don't have Gamestop?
Yay for GAME.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:04 pm
Meta_Fish
-Zephyrotica-
Meta_Fish
-Zephyrotica-
Meta_Fish

It's either Gamestop or... EB Games. And they're the same thing. razz That's all that I know of, anyway. They only price games down five dollars if they're used anyway, unless they're from last generation or really terrible.

I don't really see the huge issue or difference in buying a new or used game. If the game is used and it doesn't work, return it. If the game is new and it doesn't work, return it. You'll get a replacement and you can be on your merry way. One comes in plastic covering?

YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND, FISH.
YOUR SYSTEM NEEDS TO BE THE ONLY SYSTEM THE GAME HAS EVER BEEN IN OR IT RUINS THE SANCTITY!
God, you're such a dummy.
Any 'disc' is not just a 'disc'.
Somebody else has TOUCHED it!
Why would you even want it then?!  

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:06 pm
Meta_Fish
-Zephyrotica-
Meta_Fish
-Zephyrotica-
Meta_Fish

The difference is the $5 I pay to make sure that my game has never been played. I want that $5. What if I wanted gum?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:06 pm
Sean, the issue is that it's being sold for a different price. A used game, even a gently used one, that Gamestop gets from a consumer, is priced down and thrown in the used pile. When a Gamestop employee uses a game gently, it gets sold for a higher price, despite the fact that it's been used as much as the other game.

That's called fraud.  

Allegro

Kuzodav

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:10 pm
Allegro
Sean, the issue is that it's being sold for a different price. A used game, even a gently used one, that Gamestop gets from a consumer, is priced down and thrown in the used pile. When a Gamestop employee uses a game gently, it gets sold for a higher price, despite the fact that it's been used as much as the other game.

That's called fraud.

O= Don't take the game if it's not in a plastic-cover thing that all new games come in?!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:10 pm
I know it's wrong, and I'm not saying it's not, I'm just saying that I don't see the big difference in buying a game used and not buying it used. Unless there was a huge difference, I'd go with the used game every time. That's all I'm saying.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Allegro

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:11 pm
Kuzodav
Allegro

That's called fraud.

O= Don't take the game if it's not in a plastic-cover thing that all new games come in?!
They can replace that. Shocking, I know.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:12 pm
Meta_Fish
I know it's wrong, and I'm not saying it's not, I'm just saying that I don't see the big difference in buying a game used and not buying it used. Unless there was a huge difference, I'd go with the used game every time. That's all I'm saying.
True, but the issue is that you don't know what's used and what isn't now. If I'm buying an older game, like, say, Wind Waker, I'm going to try and buy new, because older copies will probably be heavily used by this point. But what if it's a pre-played game being marketed as used?  

Allegro

Kuzodav

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:12 pm
Allegro
Kuzodav
Allegro

That's called fraud.

They can replace that. Shocking, I know.

I'm sure gamestop has direct control over how the games are sealed, totally, and each shop has their own re-sealer machine for all the games that the employees borrow.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff