Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)
What are you exactly? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What are you?
  Witch
  Magus
  Sorcerer
  Psi-User
  Magician
  Other
View Results

tisumie

Blessed Entrepreneur

9,525 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Informer 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:27 pm
well im human, but i am interested in the supernatural and things like that. you can call me a researcher of sorts i guess that what i am.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:23 pm
I'm definentlly a psy user but I don't know if I am a witch or a magus.

I do practice witchcraft but in witchcraft I practice three diferent kind of magick.
White,Elemental, and Hermetics. So does that make me a witch or a magus?  

Koigokoro Konjou

Kora St Claire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:33 pm
Angel_Asuan
I am to many different things to take on one term. I am sure that all of us here are while it would be nice if one word could describe us, but it cant.

With that said I could say that I am a celtic pagan with ties to asataru and to the Norse...

The exact term for what you are is an Eclectic Pagan. Someone who draws from several beliefs and worldviews to make up ther own.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:41 pm
I myself am an Eclectic pagan. I call myself a Witch but honestly that is too general a term. While I practice Wicca, I also incorporate other belief systems into my practices. Most specifically, I bring in Buddhist aspects into my rituals. I also work with Psionic energy.

Eclectic pagan was the closest I could come to what I am. I would apprecaite input however.

Kora St Claire

-X-Luciferin-X-Bandit-X-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:59 pm
My path sounds quite similar to OP's... I call myself a Wizard.

Nothing is really "off-limits" to me, and I study a bit of everything (Ceremonial, Herbal, Dark Arts, etc.).

My practice is more centered on knowledge than magick, though. I try to obtain as much Wisdom as I can (not that i don't practice magick as well).  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:21 pm
XxBangbang.im.a.banditxX
My path sounds quite similar to OP's... I call myself a Wizard.

Nothing is really "off-limits" to me, and I study a bit of everything (Ceremonial, Herbal, Dark Arts, etc.).

My practice is more centered on knowledge than magick, though. I try to obtain as much Wisdom as I can (not that i don't practice magick as well).

OMG I love your sig so much!

The second one.  

Cunning Witch Angus

-X-Luciferin-X-Bandit-X-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:22 pm
xD Thanks

I chuckle every time I see it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:12 pm
From my understanding, despite previous connotations, the contemporary meaning of the word "Magus" refers to individuals of either sex, who preform magic, and do not associate that magic with any particular religion or god/goddess. Meaning that a Magus can be anyone from any religion. I will have to search my books later to find my reference, but right now I'm too lazy to get out of bed, and will have to edit this post later if I remember. XD

The term Magus fits me quite well, since as far as religion is concerned, I am an eclectic monotheist.  

Magus Initi

Nattfodd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:48 pm
I just call myself a Thelemite. I do not take upon the term Magus, because it can imply high rank within the A.'. A.'., but I know Jimmy Page considers himself a Magus publicly, no clue if he's even in any actual Thelemic organization.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:42 pm
I'm a medium/exorcist. Exorcist as soon as my studies are done.  

Khafre Giza

Marokia

Blessed Sex Symbol

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:53 am
Hmmm...Magus seems kinda high order like devout(sorry I'm only using Final Fantasy terms)maybe you would be a mage or sage...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:23 pm
Marokia
Hmmm...Magus seems kinda high order like devout(sorry I'm only using Final Fantasy terms)maybe you would be a mage or sage...

I'm sure I don't need to say that Final Fantasy shouldn't be considered the authoritative resource on magickal ranks.  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Alkhemi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:34 am
It's kind of hard to describe yourself under one umbrella, and I think people who can are fortunate. Maybe you guys can help me. I used to practice wicca (studied from a teacher who taught wyrd magick), but I don't really do that any longer (lost interest, but still respect the tradition heavily). I do use magic, varied from MANY sources, but I don't associate myself with goddess/god worship in anyway. I'm an empath, a healer, I sometimes have precognition, I can see auras, use the tarot, pendulums, etc. I'm read in the areas of hermeticism, western medieval magic, angelology, demonology, eatern mystic traditions, etc. I don't really believe in God in the sense that there's some "higher" being controlling everything, but I believe that there is a certain level of collective consciousness. So ya...what do you guys think? And I honestly do want an opinion 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:00 am
Mitsh
Marokia

I'm sure I don't need to say that Final Fantasy shouldn't be considered the authoritative resource on magickal ranks.

Or a manual to Dungeons & Dragons.

And Alkhemi, probably best to keep the other topic talk to the rest of the forums? smile  

D_Marx

XarxesLeviathan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:54 pm
Thelemite.  
The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games