Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkle Motion - JULY 2012 - ON SUMMER BREAK

Back to Guilds

For Socialites, Fashionista's, and the generally Fabulous. 

Tags: Beauty, Learning, Fashion, Tutorials, Cooking 

Reply Entertainment Talk - Music - Books - Electronics - Movies - TV - Fan Rant & MORE!
✧The Book Room ✧ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Books

✧✧
  ✧✧✧
View Results

Elemental_Witch8

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:27 am
Some good authors/ series Sara Douglass, Terry goodking, Twilight saga, Sweep series, Lawerence Whatt-Evens, Robert jordan, david eddings, pierce anthony,harry potter ><, and silver ravenwolf  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:48 am
"A Song of Ice and Fire" is pretty epic. For the faint of heart though, I wouldn't suggest reading past "A Game of Thrones". It gets pretty gruesome. But amazing. heart  

Les Cannon

pink99chick

6,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:14 pm
User Image
User Image

♥ ----------- ♥ ----------- ♥

I used to be obsessed with Caroline B. Cooney's "The Face On the Milk Carton"
Right now, I'm reading this book called "An Abundance of Katherines"
It's pretty interesting xD

♥ Pink99Chick (Lady Pinksalot Taco Ranger)
What is a Taco Ranger?
Click Here | Be a Taco Ranger! | The Taco Clan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:03 pm
"The perk of being of a wall flower" is really good.  

Elemental_Witch8

Saruhno

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:37 pm
Oh my god, gee, it's saying something stupid.........

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

I don't read a lot but I'm really picky on what I do read.
I'm currently reading the Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes Series by Laurie R King.
I love mysteries with some humor.

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

And I wonder, why did I even listen a bit?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:21 am
heart Dead is the new black by Marlene Perez is a hard-core good book if your into phychic and vamps etc... biggrin  

Adeleinee

sakura570

9,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:12 pm
Elemental_Witch8
Some good authors/ series Sara Douglass, Terry goodking, Twilight saga, Sweep series, Lawerence Whatt-Evens, Robert jordan, david eddings, pierce anthony,harry potter ><, and silver ravenwolf

yay! finally i found someone else who likes the sweep series without me having to introduce them to it!!!
i think im going to like this guild...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:07 pm
pink99chick
User Image
User Image

I used to be obsessed with Caroline B. Cooney's "The Face On the Milk Carton"
Right now, I'm reading this book called "An Abundance of Katherines"
It's pretty interesting xD

♥ Pink99Chick (Lady Pinksalot Taco Ranger)
What is a Taco Ranger?
Click Here | Be a Taco Ranger! | The Taco Clan

I saw that book in Barnes and Noble and I wanted to read it. It looks interesting.  

Faia no Renkinjutsushi

2,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Lockon Stratas

Newbie Shapeshifter

8,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:18 pm
I know someone on the end of my street that gives me books before they come out. so i get good ones early and free.

one of them is on the wheel of time. that is a collection of them.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:19 pm
If someone know spanish I'll recommend you to read Gabriel Garcia Marquez, any book, he is really good, is one of my favorites... 3nodding  

Avyzak

6,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200

Albaniangurl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:25 pm
I need some new books
but..ugh,I have like 2 more months of school then Im free to read what I like
I want to get Sophie Kinsella's Twenties Girls when I can
but her next shopoholic book doesnt come out until september

But the next ghostgirl book comes out on july 12th
*sigh*
I need to find more books this summer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:44 am
Im reading princess diaries : Third time lucky. I really got addicted to it. Cant wait to read part four (Mia goes fourth).  

ShimmeringPixels

DysFUNKtional Duck

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:56 pm
My all time favorite book is Alice in Wonderland. 4laugh

At the moment, I'm reading The Book of Five Rings, War & Peace, the latest Gothic & Lolita Bible, a couple comic books, The Art of Happiness, and a book about trees. mrgreen
- The Book of Five Rings is an amazing book about martial arts, combat strategy, and warriors philosophy. It was written in the 1700's by a samurai master, but it translates surprisingly well in modern combat culture. 3nodding
- I'm sure you've all heard of War & Peace, by Leo Tolstoy. Let's just say there's a reason it's considered some of the greatest literature of all time! I'm gonna have to read it again when I'm done, just to better understand the philosophical implications. whee
- The Gothic & Lolita Bible is a mook (magazine/book) about the Japanese Lolita fashion subculture. I love them. I have every one! 4laugh
- I'm always into at least one comic book. Right now I'm working my way through xxxHolic (volume 11) and Bizenghast (volume 5). They're both sooo good! Holic is one of my favorite comic series. And Bizenghast has the most awe inspiring art work! heart
- The Art of Happiness is a book written by the Dalai Lama. I picked it up out of curiosity, in a cultural market, and I don't regret it! It's not something I'd live my life by, but it's definitely good reading. wink
- And last, but not least, I've been studying a sort of field guide to basic North American tree species. I'm sure it sounds boring to most, but I love it. blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:25 am
Have any of you read the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins? If not,you should go to the nearest library. I totally loved it at first sight.  

LadyDerethia

5,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

XHoshi_no_HikariX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:28 pm
Avyzak
If someone know spanish I'll recommend you to read Gabriel Garcia Marquez, any book, he is really good, is one of my favorites... 3nodding

Yes! He's an amazing Nobel-prize winner Colombian writer. Many of his works have been translated to English too (I'm a Spanish "native-speaker" but the guy's important worldwide so check for tranlsations in libraries or shops).
I'd recomend A hundred years of solitude (Cien años de soledad), Love at the times of cholerae (El amor en los tiempos del cólera), and Peregrin Stories (Cuentos peregrinos). The first 2 are novels, the last one is a compendium of stories.  
Entertainment Talk - Music - Books - Electronics - Movies - TV - Fan Rant & MORE!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games