Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
Old VS New Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which character is your favorite?
  Arthur Dent
  Trillion
  Marvin
  Ford Prefect
  Zaphod Beeblebrox
  Slartibartfast
View Results

[.Adolescence.]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:14 am
I prefer the new Marvin, I think he's kinda cuter, now. But if you miss the old one, if you look closely, you can see him as well in the movie, in Vogosphere.

About Zaphod, for much that Sam Rockwell rocks(well), the "hidden head in the neck" think was a simple profanity of the character. The old one was more "correct", although the new Zaphod was much more funny (and cute).

Movie-Trillian and movie-Arthur were kinda like I had pictured them, which isn't very difficult. Oh, and I digged the new Ford Prefect. I always pictured Ford kind of Weasley-like, so of course I thought it was strange when Mos Def appeared with the satchel, the towel and the freakish shades, but now I'm more used to it and I actually think it was a refreshing change.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:23 am
SunGazing
When I read the books, I like imagining the old Ford, the new Marvin, and my own stuff for Arthur, Zaphod and Trillian. My Arthur looks pretty accurate to the visual ones, actually.
i always imagined him taller then he was in the movie. anywaays. I havent seen the minisieires but i know what ford looks like and i am dissapointed with what they did with him for the movie. rolleyes oh well! mrgreen  

fourtysecondscarf

Panic!At The Square Dance

O.G. Gaian

9,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:22 pm
TheDeadGerbil
I prefer the new Marvin, I think he's kinda cuter, now. But if you miss the old one, if you look closely, you can see him as well in the movie, in Vogosphere.

About Zaphod, for much that Sam Rockwell rocks(well), the "hidden head in the neck" think was a simple profanity of the character. The old one was more "correct", although the new Zaphod was much more funny (and cute).

Movie-Trillian and movie-Arthur were kinda like I had pictured them, which isn't very difficult. Oh, and I digged the new Ford Prefect. I always pictured Ford kind of Weasley-like, so of course I thought it was strange when Mos Def appeared with the satchel, the towel and the freakish shades, but now I'm more used to it and I actually think it was a refreshing change.
And I thought I was the only one who saw he old Marvin...... ninja ......  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:03 am
ILoveZelos
TheDeadGerbil

Oh, I totally saw him. And old Arthur Dent too.  

Lupe_Oceana

O.G. Gaian

9,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:23 pm
Lupe_Oceana
ILoveZelos
TheDeadGerbil

Where?Is he the random floating head on Magrathea?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:55 pm
ILoveZelos
Lupe_Oceana
ILoveZelos
TheDeadGerbil

Yep.  

Appoggiatura

Tinnumir

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:31 pm
As far as Marvins go, I honestly prefer the design of the movie Marvin. I don't really like how they portrayed anyone else, tho. Except perhaps Arthur. He was pretty good. Ford of the tv series is definatly the better of the two. As far as Trillian and Zaphod go, I like to use my own imagination.

When it comes to the material itself, I really like the books best. After the books, the radio series, then the tv series, then everything else, then the movie, which was sub-par at best.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:06 pm
Appoggiatura
ILoveZelos
Lupe_Oceana
ILoveZelos
TheDeadGerbil

Yep.
Thought so.  

O.G. Gaian

9,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Window Shopper 100

Lullabee

Timid Elocutionist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:43 pm
I really loathe and despise Movie-Zaphod's design. He was like a bloody Pez dispenser! And him wearing all that weird furry white stuff was weird. What sort of clothing is that? Worst-dressed being or not, he looked like a cross between the Abominable Snowman and an abominable fashion victim. I swear those boots were Uggs, which is kind of anachronistic, isn't it? But Marvin was so cute... the combination of the cute appearance, the fact his voice was done by the guy who played Snape, and the moaning about life-don't-talk-to-me-about-life was such a hilarious contrast. Arthur was okay... I think... I can't remember. Well, Arthur is a sort of nondescript guy. I've always imagined Trillian as being part-Indian, just because it seemed logical in my mind: she looks vaguely Arabic and England has a lot of Indian people. But I didn't mind her movie appearance, although if I remember correctly, she looked too much like a bookish girl-next-door. Ford was okay, too, he managed to look alarming and manic enough despite the fact a tall, dark-skinned Ford with a shaved head is entirely different from the one in the book, with wild red hair, kind of odd-looking but kind of not, and occasionally short. (He was once described as "not conspicuously tall," with an author who hit his head on doorframes I tended to think that made him basically tallish but he did not hit his head on doorframes. And then in So Long And Thanks For All The Fish he's described at one point as a "small man from Betelgeuse," which totally smashed, unravelled, destroyed, and screwed over my mental image.) Wow, that was a long post.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:54 am
The books over all are my fave. I havn't seen the miniseries so I can't comment, but I did love the movie. Marvin was adorable....rawk on Marvin!  

HotSoupBurns

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games