Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
What would you want to see in the next Metroid game? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

3D or Sidescroller
3D
45%
 45%  [ 9 ]
Sidescroller
40%
 40%  [ 8 ]
RIDLEY FIGHT FTW!
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 20

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:43 pm
Devil Jinn
An online game. Not playing as samus, instead playing as someone with a gun, sword, something different you know. Like Samus has been captured and it is up to you and your team to save her. Kind of like a fusion between Mass Effect and Metroid that is also 4 player like co-op.

I'm thinking something like that but a little different.

You are playing an OC(despite how much I hate them in Fanfics). That has to help Samus keep G.F.S. off her tail because of what she did in Fusion. I don't know about you guys but I think G.F.S. would be pretty pissed with what Samus did during Fusion, when I say that I mean the big corporate guys who lost alot of money because of what she did not the people who think she is a hero. I was sorta thinking something like you having to get rid of those that put her up to be killed.

Just one Metroid fan's opinion.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:22 pm
All of the above. I've been wanting a Zero Mission style update for Metroid II for a long time. I love the sidescrolling Metroid games I've played and would love to see another (though I'm of mixed feelings about 2.5D). I would love to see a follow-up to Fusion, except that I would hope they would work around the seeming permanence of the Fusion Suit and bring the Power Suit back, or at least some sort of improvement.

On the other hand, I love the Prime series. It's what finally drew me into the Metroid series in the first place, and Corruption probably ties with Resident Evil 4 for my favorite implementation of the Wii's control scheme. Then there's the 100% ending and Samus's stalker. The Prime series may be done, but there's absolutely more story for them to follow up on.

So yeah, I really want all of it, but I'll take whatever they give us. But what I want the most right now is the announcement for the New Play Control Metroid Primes in the US.  

GuruGuru214

sora4126

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:33 pm
They need to take it back to the classics, these newer ones with that whole FPS-ness numbs my mind.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:48 pm
More Metroids. And More Cowbell.  

King of Paradise

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:31 am
Some sort of co-op game?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:24 am
Partial nudity.

jklol  

V1SUAL K31

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:51 pm
V1SUAL K31
Partial or full nudity.

fix'd  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:42 pm
Another game that completely betrays the fans' expectations like Prime did.  

Waynebrizzle

Owwin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:11 pm
Waynebrizzle
What is that supposed to mean? I hope it isn't negative. Nintendo approached Retro to make Prime like it was, they were originally making some game called Ravensowrd or something that like that, also Gunpei Yokoi is dead. It is gonna be different, it is a different studio, and a different series of the franchise. Get over it. Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario are different than the main Mario games. Not every game in a franchise has to be exactly like the rest.

I don't wanna sound like an a*****e, I am just saying my opinion.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:14 pm
Owwin
Waynebrizzle
What is that supposed to mean? I hope it isn't negative. Nintendo approached Retro to make Prime like it was, they were originally making some game called Ravensowrd or something that like that, also Gunpei Yokoi is dead. It is gonna be different, it is a different studio, and a different series of the franchise. Get over it. Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario are different than the main Mario games. Not every game in a franchise has to be exactly like the rest.

No, it's not negative. I want the franchise to change again. Prime is more Metroid than the sidescrolling games ever were. Maybe another radical change will make it even better. I'm not going to whine for another 2D game (though I wouldn't mind if that's what the next game was).  

Waynebrizzle

Owwin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:26 pm
Waynebrizzle
No, it's not negative. I want the franchise to change again. Prime is more Metroid than the sidescrolling games ever were. Maybe another radical change will make it even better. I'm not going to whine for another 2D game (though I wouldn't mind if that's what the next game was).
Betray has such negative connotations. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:31 pm
Owwin
Betray has such negative connotations. XD

Yeah I know. I think it's the best word to describe that situation with, though. Everyone HATED the idea of Prime. That is, until they played it... Some stubborn people still say that the game never should have gone 3D, which I think is complete bull.

As long as the new game's not Metroid Prime Pinball again. I mean, I like pinball, but I expect exploration from Metroid games.  

Waynebrizzle

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:59 pm
I'd like to see a prologue of Samus training with the Chozo and then having to fight Space Pirates and in the end fight what is like an energy being that kind of looks like mother brain in super metroid  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:19 pm
digi734
I'd like to see a prologue of Samus training with the Chozo and then having to fight Space Pirates and in the end fight what is like an energy being that kind of looks like mother brain in super metroid

So that would be Metroid: Negative Mission? Not exactly the sort of thing I think most of us are wanting, but not a bad idea either.  

GuruGuru214

Dryson

Invisible Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:00 pm
GuruGuru214
digi734

So that would be Metroid: Negative Mission? Not exactly the sort of thing I think most of us are wanting, but not a bad idea either.
I'd rather avoid the starwars effect. a remake is one thing but going backwards on a timeline is a pain in the a** and never does seem to work well for any franchise.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff