Reply 'Tendo Cult~
@_@ Game Withdrawal Symptoms @_@ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Better of Two Evils

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:52 am
I just get reminded of how bad my vision is after the years I've spent in front of a TV...

And I sometimes feel exhausted after hours of gaming in a row. Although I have severely cut back over the last couple years and I mostly stick to NES emulators XD  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:47 am
I once played Super Paper Mario loads, and got the worst case of diarrhea ever. I haven't played it since. >_>  

Super Cheesio

Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:53 am
Super Cheesio
I once played Super Paper Mario loads, and got the worst case of diarrhea ever. I haven't played it since. >_>

0/10 LURK MOAR FOR HUMOR LESSONS

Topico: Cant say I've had a withdrawal from a game, because that would imply that I'm addicted to games, which I am not.

However, when I'm ohsoclose to finishing a part in a game, and something happens that needs to distract me, I do rage sometimes.

Then I feel all accomplished after the fact.

Case in point: Beating Platinum's E4. It's really hard when you work my hours.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:44 pm
*sigh* Game withdrawal symptoms aren't in me, which is rather strange to me. However, over-gaming can cause me to get a little bit...cranky when I get bothered while in the zone. scream
Also, I get the music in my head, confusing controls with other games (gotta remind myself whenever I play Prime 3 AFTER Brawl that B is to jump) so...yeah, the usual stuff.  

Classically Trained Hiki

GO

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:13 pm
I haven't really had the time to play and games, so I usually tend to see the characters as hilusinations, or I use the plot of one game, tweak it a bit, and use it in one of my writing prompts.
But most of my games are 1-player, so I tend to not play them unless I'm bored or I've beaten them.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:24 pm
I kinda know when I play for too long when my left eye is really sore. For some reason, my right eye is not affected any bit whatsoever by eye irritation. One eye will be light pink, the other clear as can be. Most of the time, I get a throbbing headache an hour later that Advil can't even help.

If I don't play video games and if I don't log onto my computer for too long, I start to turn rather violent in a few days... sweatdrop  

Maerua

Saint

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:48 pm
Sometimes whenever I'm not playing a game, and I'm outside, it feels like I start walking with a gait that's reminiscent of a character in a game.

Either that and running. But I don't run when there's people around to watch.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:02 am
I used to play DDR and Beatmania IIDX for hours every day after school. When I went to bed, I'd see arrows and lines cascading upwards in my dreams.

A lot of video game obsession comes out in my dreams rather than in real life. When I was like 4 or 5, I played way too much Super Mario Bros during the day and I had recurring night terrors of Mario appearing at the foot of my bed and growing bigger and bigger until he started crushing everything. I would scream and literally see things in my room.. weird hallucinations. It freaked out my mom. Turns out the night terrors were being caused by a cough medication I was prescribed, but still.. I saw nothing else but Mario characters.  

melonkuma

CherubiMaster

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:20 pm
DDR and Guitar Hero-My dreams involve moving arrows and dots exploding on a four-string fret board. It's like having a seizure.

Sonic-I start humming the theme songs, actually I do this even when I'm not playing Sonic, the music is too catchy.

Brawl-I train like crazy, play my friends on wi-fi, then stop playing for a month for no reason at all.

Pokemon-I create move sets and EV training spots in my head, helpful for times when I feel like training my pokemon.

Many RPG's- I play them with no control on when to stop and lose precious time I could be doing something useful, like sleeping.

No games-It rains toads(from mario), Meteorites hit the earth and children gain psi power, pipes and man-eating plant appear out of nowhere,etc. I can never stop playing!

Common symptoms-head ache, eye ache, the need to play more games in that series, obsession with the current series, write down ideas for games in that series that actually pretty good ideas, annoyance when I get stuck on a part(I only get annoyed from this).  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:29 am
The only withdrawal I've ever had was when I went on a Guitar Hero III binge and played 12 hours a day for a week straight. And that was only dreams of more and more notes falling faster and faster. It was odd actually cause that was before I ever even tried to play hard mode. Now I play almost exclusively on expert and haven't had a dream like that since.  

Alice Mikucup

Obsessive Lunatic

14,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Bookworm 100

moonlightwaterdragon

5,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:56 am
I remember when I played AC:WW too long, I kept trying to reach for a nonexistent slingshot whenever I saw a balloon. In general, if I play just about any game too long and get stuck I spend the whole day trying to think up strategies.  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:32 am
Things like that happen to me all the time.

I tend to lift my thumb up a bit whenever I start ro run, just like i'm pushing up the control stick, I'm not sure how long i've been doing that, but I do it kinda often...

I also get the "hit them from behind and do extra damage" urge after playing games like final fantasy tactics or crisis core for a while too...

That's all the examples I can think of right now, but there are lots of things like this that happen to me.  

Mukuchina Kurasu

Hero of Thyme

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:19 pm
I believe they just created a name for unhealthy gaming and have also made it into a disease. Anyone know what it's called? eek I think whoever did should read this forum XD Not that it would stop any of us from continuing to do it. whee  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:24 pm
Sazuka57
hahaha.
wow.
xDD

the most that usually gets stuck with me when playing too much games is the music...and the multiple fanfic ideas that the game brings forth.

One game not like that was Pokemon Trozie. I played it for so long that I couldn't blink without seeing Squirtles that I had to match on my eyelids.

I'm glad to know you played FFTA2! : D
Like you play so much you hum the junk they have in it...  

i r Dusty Bear

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces