Nintendo bashing? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:43 am
I wonder if video games will some day become as big an argument as religion.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:57 am
Super Cheesio
No good 3rd party releases? Um... Well there's de Blob, Little King's Story, Okami, and tons more.

Not none, less than other consoles.

Except PS3. OH SNAP.

@Fish: I wouldn't doubt it. I'll allow people to believe in whatever religious beliefs they want, but if you disagree with my gaming opinion, IT IS ON! D<  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:12 am
Meta_Fish
I wonder if video games will some day become as big an argument as religion.
i thought they already were?

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaming-discussion/xbox-360-vs-ps3-vs-wii/t.12092668/

but srsly, redsteel 2 will set things straight. just like brawl did, only better.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:10 pm
Well, every console has its lack of something, where another one succeds at this same point; that's why you gotta have mixed-brand consoles and maybe go for some Sony, some Nintendo and some Microsoft.

For example, I LOVE all the RPGs I have on my PS2. But since I can't have Brawl on my PS2, I needed the Wii.  

The Rawk Hawk

Fashionable Nerd

6,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:32 pm
They all suck in their own special way ^^

leave it at that and hope they have the brain power to fix that next console
or something

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:52 pm
The Rawk Hawk
Well, every console has its lack of something, where another one succeds at this same point; that's why you gotta have mixed-brand consoles and maybe go for some Sony, some Nintendo and some Microsoft.

For example, I LOVE all the RPGs I have on my PS2. But since I can't have Brawl on my PS2, I needed the Wii.

3nodding I need a PS3 so I can play some.... GRR.... METAL GEAR!! And some fun online gaming wouldn't be bad either.  

Fusion_X_ Rebirth

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:00 pm
AS long as good games are out, I really don't give a s**t. They forget that the NES was the first console with good graphics. They forget about the N64 and its breakthrough games.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:14 pm
Super Cheesio
No good 3rd party releases? Um... Well there's de Blob, Little King's Story, Okami, and tons more.

Psst, you forgot one:
User Image
Nuff said.  

wariodude128

Crystal-Fresh

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:39 pm
I'm just here for the SSB, Zelda, and Paper Mario games. (Excluding Super Paper Mario, which wasn't a Paper Mario title in my opinion.)

Most of the other games for Wii are pretty horrible :/  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:05 pm
...Is fun!

Both sides have good points. But the way I see it comparing the Wii to the 360 or PS3 is pointless. They're so different and the companies have gone in such different directions it's hard to make comparisons really.  

-Hel the Reaper-

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:11 pm
-Hel the Reaper-
...Is fun!

Both sides have good points. But the way I see it comparing the Wii to the 360 or PS3 is pointless. They're so different and the companies have gone in such different directions it's hard to make comparisons really.
I dunno, not really. They both still make video games, they still both share the same market, and the PS3 and 360 are getting more and more party and "casual" games now, because they see what the Wii is doing. It's not like Nintendo is making apples when Sony and Microsoft are breeding horses.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:13 pm
Nintendo does have weak third party support, but that's hardly their fault.

Not to mention most devs complain that Nintendo's games shadow theirs, even though they use their third or fourth string dev teams to make Wii games. Do you actually expect that s**t to do well against Nintendo quality games? Of course not. Like that Soul Calibur game. You know the one. The really awful, shitty one.  

Waynebrizzle

L a s t B a s t a r d

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:19 pm
I'm just gonna say more of what people always say.

I know Nintendo has a lot of shitty "shovel ware." Some of its actually pretty good though. There are many good games out there that deserve a shout out but I'm sure you all know the ones I'm talking about. There also some new HARDCORE games coming out (only a handful.) Not enough Japanese rpgs coming here. I myself am looking forward to Tales of Graces.

My opinion? DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT! If you just stick with what YOU think then ******** all the opinions! What it comes down to is what you yourself think.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:25 pm
All consoles are at a tough point.

As for Nintendo well...

I understand that they can't release a Legend of Zelda game every month, but Nintendo's greatest weakness is that they accept almost every marketable third-party game.

While without this the Wii wouldn't have some great games however, it also lowers the "hardcore" Nintendo fanbase.

However, Nintendo has a habit of releasing at least 5 or more good Wii only titles a year. So don't give up hope on them yet.

SHORT VERSION: Nintendo is in it for the money, because their a business, but they are still a great company.  

CherubiMaster

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:25 pm
tnuki vaati
I'm just gonna say more of what people always say.

I know Nintendo has a lot of shitty "shovel ware." Some of its actually pretty good though. There are many good games out there that deserve a shout out but I'm sure you all know the ones I'm talking about. There also some new HARDCORE games coming out (only a handful.) Not enough Japanese rpgs coming here. I myself am looking forward to Tales of Graces.

My opinion? DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT! If you just stick with what YOU think then ******** all the opinions! What it comes down to is what you yourself think.
Tales of Graces? This is the first I've heard of this new Tales game. o_o  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces