Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Nintendo announces Gold/Silver remake Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:56 am
Decavolty
I've always wondered why people wanted this remake...
Childhood memories.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:01 am
auS-e-Dude
Decavolty
Childhood memories.

Most of you are still kids. xp

Also, I suppose I like the prospect of getting Lugia and Ho-Oh.

I will only approve of this game if you can travel to Kanto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh.

And battle the ultra E4 from each team and the champion who turns out to look just like you somehow  

Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:53 am
Now I can finish trying to capture Lugia with my Typhlosion  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:11 am
I never played this game when it hit NA. Pokemon was unpopular in my age group at the time, so I only played a japanese rom of it before we got it. I didn't stop caring about what other people thought about pokemon until Ruby and Sapphire, so this is finally my chance to play Silver through now. I could have bought a cheap copy or rom'd it at anytime. But the point of these games is to bring the pokemon to my other games. D< So doing so and not being able to keep my pokemon gave me no point of playing. Glad I get my chance now. =)  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:16 am
Meta_Fish
Wantcookie
Zephyrkitty
Second gen came out ten years ago? I feel old now. gonk

I'll be buying these. I loved second gen, and Silver's battery died a couple of years ago.

My Silver's battery died five years ago. xd
God, I literally loved that game to death. heart
The internal battery on the cartridges for GSC all wore out faster than other games because the game had to keep the internal clock going.
Ironically, crystals battery seems to be fine for me, but BOTH my gold and silvers are ded.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:38 am
Took LONG enough!!
Still though, 10 years? Jesus, I think my Silver Cartridge is still working evening though I've been having it since I was 7 years old.  

Rargon

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:17 am
Decavolty
auS-e-Dude
Decavolty
Childhood memories.

And battle the ultra E4 from each team and the champion who turns out to look just like you somehow
They're still childhood memories even if we're still children. It's nostalgia. Many think GSC is the best entry in the series, me being one of them. It was before the formula got stale, it had day and night, two regions, and the best Pokemon. You beat the Johto region and find out that you get to play through literally all of Kanto too, which was a huge treat for us as kids.

The guy that looks like you is/was supposed to be Red, from the first games. That's what made it so cool.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:56 am
*yawn*  

L a s t B a s t a r d

Caramel Kisses

Anxious Girl

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:13 pm
Meta_Fish
Decavolty
auS-e-Dude
Decavolty
Childhood memories.

They're still childhood memories even if we're still children. It's nostalgia. Many think GSC is the best entry in the series, me being one of them. It was before the formula got stale, it had day and night, two regions, and the best Pokemon. You beat the Johto region and find out that you get to play through literally all of Kanto too, which was a huge treat for us as kids.

The guy that looks like you is/was supposed to be Red, from the first games. That's what made it so cool.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW~!!!
*runs around in joyous ecstasy*

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:02 pm
You sure this is 100% reliable? Bulbapedia and a japanese site that none of us understand?

I'm still not convinced. Untill Gamespot and IGN, or nintendo.com or something like that says so. I will not be convinced it's real.  

Mukuchina Kurasu

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:04 pm
Bongardo
You sure this is 100% reliable? Bulbapedia and a japanese site that none of us understand?

I'm still not convinced. Untill Gamespot and IGN, or nintendo.com or something like that says so. I will not be convinced it's real.

I'm sorry, but where exactly did you miss the fact that the Japanese site was THE OFFICIAL POKEMON SITE OF JAPAN? Just look at the url, for Christ's sake.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:07 pm
Wantcookie
Bongardo

I'm sorry, but where exactly did you miss the fact that the Japanese site was THE OFFICIAL POKEMON SITE OF JAPAN? Just look at the url, for Christ's sake.
I know that. But are sure it's the official japanese site?

Ok, taking another look, I guess it's pretty likely. it does say "pokemon.co.jp" It's just I heard about this so many times and the titles are the same that people have been talking about a long time. and just now it gets abounced, with those same titles? I don't know.  

Mukuchina Kurasu

Allegro

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:18 pm
Bongardo
Wantcookie
Bongardo

Ok, taking another look, I guess it's pretty likely. it does say "pokemon.co.jp" It's just I heard about this so many times and the titles are the same that people have been talking about a long time. and just now it gets abounced, with those same titles? I don't know.
guys
there is a four legged animal in front of me
it has spots
and milk is coming out of udders on its stomach
what is it i am not sure
i mean it could be a cow
but that makes too much sense
it is mooing
oh god i am so confused  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:19 pm
Allegro
Bongardo
Wantcookie
Bongardo

guys
it has spots
what is it i am not sure
i mean it could be a cow

but maybe they weren't the chaos emeralds  

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Allegro

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:22 pm
Wantcookie
Allegro
Bongardo
Wantcookie
Bongardo

guys
it has spots
what is it i am not sure
i mean it could be a cow
it is mooing
oh god i am confused

but maybe they weren't the chaos emeralds
oh god  
'Tendo Cult~