Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
HELP. D: [Resolved. Thanks guys!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:56 pm
With any magical symbols, you really want to make sure that you do a bit of research first and make sure you know exactly what each one means. So many books out there make "light" of them, but often (like in the case of Runes) they are powerful magic in and of themselves, that if you aren't familiar them and the way each symbol works in context with each other, you could end up with more than you bargained for. Runes are so tied to the Norse Gods/culture that taking them out of that context doesn't always work very well.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:19 pm
Namikikyo
Sanguina Cruenta
Do NOT use runes if you're not familiar with them. Seriously.

Ah! I'm sorry! gonk

I figured most people knew about them. I won't do it again. ._.

Knowing about them and knowing them are incredibly different things.

You kidding? Only a really small number of people know the runes well enough to use them in magical workings. They take YEARS to internalise.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:20 am
Update- I too down the runes after I read the posts about having unseen consequences if you don't know how to use them. Then the entity came back even stronger and I felt like I was going to die. So I put the runes up again to keep it away, and it hasn't come back smile But I get this feeling that it's just outside, like it's stalking me [for lack of a better word] and saying,You can't keep me away forever.  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:25 am
Runes aren't just markings or symbols. They are complex and extremely powerful energies given to us by Odin. They should be handled with respect and properly understood before they're used.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:37 am
I now that they're really sacred, really powerful symbols, and the powerful part is why I used them, I tried strong cleansing and blessing spells, but they had no effect. At least it's staying on the border or something, not in here but it's so strong it scares me, and I've encountered with strong spirits before.  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:05 pm
Which rune(s) are you using to ward off this negative entity?
You might unintentionally be warding off any and all entities as well, including the one you mentioned that make you feel safe.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:13 pm
This one, this one, and this one.  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:02 pm
I'm confused; I thought you were using the Futhark runes?
sweatdrop  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:03 pm
I just used the ones that I thought applied, like the Roerich sign for old, invaluble buildings [my house], the pentagram [I'm Pagan], and the triple triangle [protection from evil is mostly what I concentrate on with magic].  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:09 pm
Not Like It Matters
I just used the ones that I thought applied, like the Roerich sign for old, invaluble buildings [my house], the pentagram [I'm Pagan], and the triple triangle [protection from evil is mostly what I concentrate on with magic].

Right, but I guess what I'm saying is, those aren't runes.
Are those the symbols you originally used, took down, and put back up?  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:14 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
Not Like It Matters

Yes, they're the ones I used originally.  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:30 pm
Not Like It Matters
Violet Song jat Shariff
Not Like It Matters

Yes, they're the ones I used originally.

Ah okay then ^_^.
You should be fine then. What you used are not runes (not of any of the established rune sets I've ever seen, at least).
Sorry for the confusion!  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:44 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Namikikyo
Sanguina Cruenta
Do NOT use runes if you're not familiar with them. Seriously.

Ah! I'm sorry! gonk

I figured most people knew about them. I won't do it again. ._.

Knowing about them and knowing them are incredibly different things.

You kidding? Only a really small number of people know the runes well enough to use them in magical workings. They take YEARS to internalise.

Yes Ma'am. I'm sorry.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:06 pm
I didn't mean to get snippy. It's a subject I tend to get up in arms about, because they're incredibly powerful energies and very difficult to understand, which makes them difficult to work with, particularly if you don't understand them on an internalized level.

I mean, they're not just, for example, a symbol that means "protection" and that will protect accordingly by reinforcing your own energies, or that your energies can work through. They're separate, "independent" energies that can be "invoked" (for lack of a better term) and used. If you don't understand that energy, or how to direct it, you can cause some real problems.

As such, I tend to overreact somewhat when people mention using runes without understanding them. For the most part I imagine they just draw the image without really tapping into that energy, but it still concerns me, so I issue the usual caveats.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:45 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
I didn't mean to get snippy. It's a subject I tend to get up in arms about, because they're incredibly powerful energies and very difficult to understand, which makes them difficult to work with, particularly if you don't understand them on an internalized level.

I mean, they're not just, for example, a symbol that means "protection" and that will protect accordingly by reinforcing your own energies, or that your energies can work through. They're separate, "independent" energies that can be "invoked" (for lack of a better term) and used. If you don't understand that energy, or how to direct it, you can cause some real problems.

As such, I tend to overreact somewhat when people mention using runes without understanding them. For the most part I imagine they just draw the image without really tapping into that energy, but it still concerns me, so I issue the usual caveats.

No. you had all right to snap at me. I was careless. I am truly sorry for what I have done and have also apologized to Odin for what I have done.

I hope that I can get more information on how to tap into their powers as I thought I once was doing.

Now to find that information...  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games